Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

I think the Rams would be a clear #2, and possibly #1. Stl is clearly willing to throw, and Jackson would get a Roddy White like # of the throws from Bradford.

I'd personally rather have him go to STL than even Minn (selfishly since I have Adrian Peterson already)

Per RW

Updating a previous item, Vincent Jackson must be traded in a window from 4:00 p.m. Friday to 4:00 p.m. next Wednesday, Sept. 22, to be eligible to play in Week 5.

From the blurb on Rotoworld and Jubanton's post, it sounds like he would be eligible Week 5 regardless of the team he goes to.

I think he can come back Week 5, regardless of who he's traded to.

It makes no sense that he's penalized an extra week because Minny or Seattle would have a Bye. There's still games going on.

Week 5 is when he'll be back.

Stud WR in the 11th Round?

Booyah

i know this belongs in the bench assistant forum so please forgive my blatant ignorance but would you rather have v-jax for the last 10+ wks of the season or santonio holmes or either mike williams?

i know this belongs in the bench assistant forum so please forgive my blatant ignorance but would you rather have v-jax for the last 10+ wks of the season or santonio holmes or either mike williams?

Jackson no question. Holmes is gonna be limited by a pretty bad passing game, and he's much more valuable than any of the Williams'. I cant believe Jax is still on wires.

you wanna also keep in mind that vjax hasn't done jack in training camp or preseason....conditioning/injuries could be an issue with him once he suits up.

holmes on the other hand has been in training camp and preseason.

From the blurb on Rotoworld and Jubanton's post, it sounds like he would be eligible Week 5 regardless of the team he goes to.

The only way he doesn't play in Week 5 is if the team that he is traded to has a bye. But this is great news. Someone dropped him a couple days ago and I was able to use my waiver p to land him. Pairing him with stud QBs like McNabb and Favre would be solid but he is an every week WR1 on the Hawks or Rams. Just depends on your point of view.

Explain to me why you think if he gets traded to the Vikings he only has to sit out 3 games (since they don't play in week 4), whereas if it gets traded to anyone else he has to sit out 4 games?

Everything I've read is that this suspension is classified in terms of "games", not "weeks". If he has to sit out 4 GAMES then if he gets traded to a team with a bye week during one of those weeks.

From RW front page.....

Vincent Jackson-WR- Chargers Sep. 16 - 2:35 pm et

Updating a previous item, Vincent Jackson must be traded in a window from 4:00 p.m. Friday to 4:00 p.m. next Wednesday, Sept. 22, to be eligible to play in Week 5.

Between now and Friday afternoon, interested teams must receive advanced permission from the Chargers to talk to Jackson about a long-term deal. As long as V-Jax is traded by next Wednesday, he can practice with his new team after the fourth game and play in the fifth game. The Vikings have a Week 4 bye, which means Jackson wouldn't be eligible to play for them until Week 6 if he ends up in Minnesota. It's a convoluted ruling, but helpful for fantasy leaguers in that it should provide closure by the middle of next week.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

Related: Vikings, Seahawks, Rams

Bottom line..if the Vikings or Seahawks trade for him he won't be able to play until week 6 for those respective teams.

If he is traded to a team that has a bye.... in weeks 3-5, which according to the trade window is when he should have joined someone else's roster (by next week, week3), then the earliest he'd play would be week 6. If the team has a bye in week 6 or later, then he'd be eligible to play in week 5.

What I am saying is that a bye will not count as a week/game towards the overall number of games he must be suspended for. Hope I'm not confusing you.

2 QB league with 20 picks...

I have Brees, Stafford, Alex Smith and Ben Rothlesberger...

I loaded up on QB's as last yr was my first season in a 2 QB league, and my 2nd QB killed me.

I am just waiting for BB's suspension to end, and would be moving Stafford anyways.

Here's the question.

Vincent Jackson was just waived today. I love my roster, and am very tempted to drop Stafford. I have tried to trade him but found no takers because of the injury.

Would you drop an injured Stafford to add VJ, knowing my QB situation, in 3 more games, would be Drew Brees and Big Ben?

Edited by peacemaker

2 QB league with 20 picks...

I have Brees, Stafford, Alex Smith and Ben Rothlesberger...

I loaded up on QB's as last yr was my first season in a 2 QB league, and my 2nd QB killed me.

I am just waiting for BB's suspension to end, and would be moving Stafford anyways.

Here's the question.

Vincent Jackson was just waived today. I love my roster, and am very tempted to drop Stafford. I have tried to trade him but found no takers because of the injury.

Would you drop an injured Stafford to add VJ, knowing my QB situation, in 3 more games, would be Drew Brees and Big Ben?

Yes, run and do it.

I'd rather he come back Week 6 for the Vikings than a team who has no bye til later in the year. He'll have 3 weeks to prep for Week 6, rather than 2 weeks for a team with a later bye. Better he knows the playbook and gets back into top playing shape than to walk in clueless and screwing up.

I'd rather he come back Week 6 for the Vikings than a team who has no bye til later in the year. He'll have 3 weeks to prep for Week 6, rather than 2 weeks for a team with a later bye. Better he knows the playbook and gets back into top playing shape than to walk in clueless and screwing up.

Got him in the 13th round and most guys in my league made fun of me. Now, it looks like I'll have a number 1 receiver while the dudes that drafted Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem cry like school girls while watching my team cruise to a championship.

Between this news and landing Brandon Jackson from the waiver wire, I'm having a pretty good week.

Got him in the 13th round and most guys in my league made fun of me. Now, it looks like I'll have a number 1 receiver while the dudes that drafted Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem cry like school girls while watching my team cruise to a championship.

Between this news and landing Brandon Jackson from the waiver wire, I'm having a pretty good week.

...and now we know! Please keep us posted regularly on how your team is doing this year!

Gotta take a flier but he could still be out till late in the game if the Chargers continue to play hardball. They need to get a lot back to get the deal done.

According to ProfootballTalk.com, "at least one team has worked out a deal with Chargers WR Vincent Jackson."

It's now a matter of the Chargers approving the trade. It would make sense for the Chargers to wait for Week 2 to end, with thought that an injury to a team's WR would increase interest in Jackson. The Vikings, Rams, and Seahawks have all been linked to the disgruntled Jackson

I would guess that the team is the Vikings.

For the sake of my Lions, and my Dynasty team(own BOTH VJax/SidRice) i hope its the Rams....

Just for discussion though if it is the Vikings, what would Vjax value be? how greatly would Rice's production be affected?

I have that same feeling too. It seems they want Favre to lead them to a championship this year and it just isn't going to happen without a stud receiver.

I would deff think Vjax would be a wr1 for fantasy if he went to the Vikings. As far as Rice goes.. they'd probably just let him fully heal up and not rush him back.. if anything bring him back later and have him ready for the playoffs. I'm sure it will take him some time to get back into game shape as far as conditioning goes