Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Home of Heroes (RW members Dynasty NBA)

1,341 posts in this topic

This is our official league thread here in RW Forum, here are some important things to remember:

1) H2H, 14 teams, 9 cats, NO PLAYOFFS

- ESPN offers this unique feature of H2H without playoffs. This will eliminate flukes, which constantly occurs during playoffs- whether it be via injury, stars being rested, or just plain bad luck. with this format, we will see the real winner. And if you dominated the regular season, you don't have to worry about losing to the 6th seeded team just because lady luck was on his side.

2) Draft will happen in this thread. Post your picks here, and PM the guy picking after you that he's OTC. Offline drafts like this can fly, but sometimes can also experience delay esp during weekends. I will enter offline draft results as they happen.

3) Here are the participants of this league - RW Screen Names:

1. sya

2. sportsguy21792

3. fontaine

4. KTOWNRACER

5. rico381

6. giant ninja robot

7. Ricky

8. Gnosis

9. jim james

10. tremixt

11. GJDHouse

12. Jubanton

13. mbroo5880i

14. squidthunder

* some of the RW members that joined I already know from previous leagues, some I don't. So I have no assurance that these new faces are active (although I am positive that they are based on Forum activities). But just in case there will be inactive managers- who either constantly delays the draft, doesn't respond to trade offers, doesn't adjusts his lineup(in-season), I have replacements in line.

4) please check the league settings, scoring etc. carefully, so that you may draft accordingly too.

5) In the ESPN League Page, please use your RW Screen Name as your team name, you can change them after the draft. So that I can enter the draft results properly, easier for me to identify who's who.

Thank you.

Glad to be here! Nice to be in a Dynasty that im not apart of the ownership of!

Always on AIM/YAHOO/GOOGLE TALK to talk any trade or chit chat, so hit me up if you have any of those!

please also note that the team list in the message above is NOT the draft order. draft order will be posted when we have determined the draft date, I will use Rotoworld's draft randomizer tool

PM me your AIM (if you have one) so I can create some sort of a league address book or just simply post it on our league page

Good luck everyone, I have a few questions.

1. How will we do the redraft each year. Obviously this is a dynasty so I am assuming that we will be keeping everyone, but in order to draft the rookies we will have to make some sort of drop/add. What will the order of the draft be...will it be a reverse order of finish? Will it be a snake draft or a standard draft? Will you be required to make 1 or 2 drops before the draft so that everyone can know who is available for the redraft?

2. Right now there are no IR spots in the lineup. Will we be adding any? Or will you just have to sit them on your bench? I would suggest we add at least 1 injured reserve spot especially in a dynasty league so that we can go pick someone up to try and replace the starter.

3. What is the rule on veto? Right now it has the Commish as the veto, but will there be a non-official voting system between the 14 members to suggest a veto to the Commish?

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the barrage of questions. I am excited for this league, and I just want to make sure there is no confusion before we start. I have commished a bunch of leagues before, so I am actually very excited to just be an owner and not have to organize everything. Good luck to everyone, I look forward to being an active member.

Good luck everyone, I have a few questions.

1. How will we do the redraft each year. Obviously this is a dynasty so I am assuming that we will be keeping everyone, but in order to draft the rookies we will have to make some sort of drop/add. What will the order of the draft be...will it be a reverse order of finish? Will it be a snake draft or a standard draft? Will you be required to make 1 or 2 drops before the draft so that everyone can know who is available for the redraft?

2. Right now there are no IR spots in the lineup. Will we be adding any? Or will you just have to sit them on your bench? I would suggest we add at least 1 injured reserve spot especially in a dynasty league so that we can go pick someone up to try and replace the starter.

3. What is the rule on veto? Right now it has the Commish as the veto, but will there be a non-official voting system between the 14 members to suggest a veto to the Commish?

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the barrage of questions. I am excited for this league, and I just want to make sure there is no confusion before we start. I have commished a bunch of leagues before, so I am actually very excited to just be an owner and not have to organize everything. Good luck to everyone, I look forward to being an active member.

I am happy to answer these questions:

1) After year 1, we will have 2 rounds of draft every year. Reverse of the standings, to obviously give the lower ranked teams a better chance of keeping up in a dynasty league. However there will be a lottery and the last placed team won't automatically be awarded the top pick. I will have some rules to prevent tanking. 2 rounds are straight not snake.

2) I have added 1 IR spot on our roster. I don't want to have too many bench spots or IR because this will usually leave us with a very shallow FA pool, and we need to make some add drops along the way, so we also need some quality players left or spot starters at least.

3) Commish veto, because based on past experiences, league veto can lead to lots of problems, esp. because they can vote anonymously. I rarely press the veto button, unless if there is a huge uproar over the deal then I will consider vetoing it. But I will handle this veto power carefully.

FOr the rest of the league guidelines, I will be coming up with a complete detailed one in the coming days.

Thanks - I agree with how you have set this up. Gives me a lot of hope for a great, enduring league. I think making sure there are measures for people who tank is huge, because the temptation certainly arises when you are sitting in 8th place with a month to go in the season.

Thanks for the quick response. By the way, if anyone else hasn't done this already I would suggest subscribing to this topic so that it sends you an email when someone posts. It makes it so you don't miss out on anything that is discussed.

I'm looking forward to this league a lot, I know it will be good and I know with sya at the helm, there won't be problems with the league at all, I know what he brings to the table as a commish.

Good luck to all in your fight for second! B)

as a commish I can say that I think I am a pretty fair commish. I don't butt in into things or arguments unless strongly provoked. ANd I don't take rash actions unless absolutely necessary (eg. replacing of teams etc.)

At the start or during the draft, idle teams are more prone to being replaced because some managers here I don't know that well, and we don't want to be stuck with an inactive manager for a long time. So as the commish, one of the main things that I am looking out for at the on-set is league activity. If there are heated exchanges between teams, I only intervene when it is getting out of hand. Otherwise, I believe that we are all mature enough to let bygones be bygones and not take anything here personally. We all do this for fun.

I do the things that need to be done, sometimes it won't be popular, but I always, always put the league's interests above my own. Which makes is hard to be the commish at times. Ex. like in my baseball league, I got some heat for trading with new owners soon after they joined. So now I don't offer too many deals to the new owners now just to protect the league's integrity. Anyway, that's just an example. I will not be a perfect commish, but I hope I can manage it well.

I will also be looking for a co-commish to help me out, mainly just to process league trades when I'm not around etc. I already have my eye on a few managers who I already know in other leagues, I'll ask them if they want to be co-commish

Also to everyone, please make sure that you read the very first post I made in this thread, some league settings are there and they are very impt. Eg. No Playoffs, draft guidelines etc.

Really excited to be in this league guys. I'm an experienced fantasy player but this is my first time taking my talents to a dynasty league, lol. I'm always opens to well balanced trades and look forward to the new competition!

Happy to be here, new format for me in alot of ways so that'll be fun. Love trade talks, active manager, competitive but graceful (I try at least). Thanks for setting it up!

update: jim james is only the member that hasn't signed up. he told me that he was having problems accessing the league page in his espn account. Did anyone else experience this, maybe you know what to do to help him out?

also if you haven't done it yet, please make your RW Screen Name your team name just for now so I can identify who's who.

thanks

hey guys

i finally signed up....i had to delete my browsers history for it to let me in...

anyhows, i am looking forward to the draft....when is it? the sooner the better

=D

Because everyone has already signed up, I generated the draft order from the RW draft randomizer. You should have received the results via email too from rotoworld, but here is the official draft order:

Pick 1: rico381

Pick 2: GJDHouse

Pick 3: Gnosis

Pick 4: squidthunder

Pick 5: tremixt

Pick 6: jim james

Pick 7: Jubanton

Pick 8: sportsguy21792

Pick 9: mbroo5880i

Pick 10: fontaine

Pick 11: sya

Pick 12: KTOWNRACER

Pick 13: Ricky

Pick 14: giantninjarobot

I will set the draft date at AUGUST 2 MONDAY, anytime starting at 12AM. rico381 will be OTC when this day arrives.

In the meantime, everyone is free to discuss some deals if some of you are interested in maybe moving up or down in the draft.

the draft will last for 17 rounds snake draft.

BTW regarding deals, because this is a dynasty we don't want for things to get out of hand. so for this draft, You can only deal your round 1 / 2 pick if you will also receive a corresponding 1 / 2 pick in return.

Also let's not go as far as discussing future draft picks for succeeding seasons yet. Let's reserve those things for next time. I will come up with a more detailed guideline soon.

I believe that everyone in here are pretty knowledgeable and active managers. I think we have a good bunch of guys on hand for this league

bump to this page:

Because everyone has already signed up, I generated the draft order from the RW draft randomizer. You should have received the results via email too from rotoworld, but here is the official draft order:

Pick 1: rico381

Pick 2: GJDHouse

Pick 3: Gnosis

Pick 4: squidthunder

Pick 5: tremixt

Pick 6: jim james

Pick 7: Jubanton

Pick 8: sportsguy21792

Pick 9: mbroo5880i

Pick 10: fontaine

Pick 11: sya

Pick 12: KTOWNRACER

Pick 13: Ricky

Pick 14: giantninjarobot

I will set the draft date at AUGUST 2 MONDAY, anytime starting at 12AM. rico381 will be OTC when this day arrives.

In the meantime, everyone is free to discuss some deals if some of you are interested in maybe moving up or down in the draft.

the draft will last for 17 rounds snake draft.

#7...geez. Did i tell you i like the simpler things in like, like the #1-3 pick? Lol, anyone in the top 3 interested in testing the value of their pick, PM me.

since the draft is off-line...cant we just begin immediately?

was wondering...

i am eager to get my first pick in

=D