Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Home of Heroes (RW members Dynasty NBA)

Jim you're picking just before me.... PM me which way you're leading. No harm for the #1 pick to start....

I know we're eager to get the draft started, but I did want to do a little research before the start of the draft and come up with a ranking system for this draft. It won't break my heart to start the draft soon, but I think we should wait a little while before we start it up.

yeah starting it very soon wouldn't be a huge deal but at least 2-3 days to a week would be cool to really set up the prep since it's a dynasty league and the decisions will carry over into the future.

Yeaaaah draft.

that being said, with the 14th pick in the 2010-2011 Home of Heroes fantasy draft, giant ninja robot picks......Uwe Blab!

I just can't see Joe Dumars as a serious threat anytime soon.

(go Pistons)

I am always open to offers on the #2 overall pick...just PM me if you are interested...I am kind of busy right now, but I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. Put me in the camp that says we need til the first of August to get our gameplan together. This is a dynasty league, so mistakes in the original draft could haunt you for a long time.

The August 2 12AM ET draft time will stand. I too am eager to begin the draft already but it will be best for all of us long term if we give ourselves a little allowance. Even August 2 is quite early for a NBA draft, but I want to make sure that we finish in time in case we experience any draft delays. Also this gives us time to make some moves also before the regular season begins.

How long will each person have to make their selection? Just curious as to how the details of the draft will be worked out on the message board.

How long will each person have to make their selection? Just curious as to how the details of the draft will be worked out on the message board.

There will be no time limit, but if it gets bad or real slow, I'll make some changes. I will also alert if someone is consistently delaying the draft. to get a better idea check this link from dynasty baseball league i organized:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...6065&st=260

start at PAGE 14, that is the part where the draft began the move smoothly.

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't added to the thread all weekend. Been busy moving into a new apartment, and internet won't get set up in there till Wed morning......BUT, I can access RW from work (watch out).

#4 pick, eh??

Open for offers

Dynasty NBA Guidelines

This is a 14-team H2H-Weekly league, 9 cats.

ROSTER: PG, G, SG, SF, F, PF, FC, C, UTIL, UTIL, 6 bench spots, & 1 IR. Total of 17 possible rosters. But the inaugural draft will only be for 16 rounds because the IR spot is not included in the draft. You can place someone in the IR in-season.

No Playoffs. This is a H2H league with no playoffs. This will ensure that the best team will win, period.

INAGURAL DRAFT:

The offline draft will be held in our league thread at RW Forum. The draft will last for 16 rounds. After you make your pick, PM the guy OTC to alert him.

To help hasten the draft process, if you notice that your turn is already approaching but you have to leave, PM your pick to the guy picking after you so there won’t be any threats of someone sniping your pick on purpose.

Please make sure that you check the draft as often as possible to avoid any unnecessary delays.

DRAFT (for succeeding seasons):

There will be a 2 round draft at the start of each season after year 1. The draft will be combined rookies/FA (in the league player pool) draft. It will be a straight order for the 2 rounds; this will give the weaker teams a better chance of rebuilding their teams in a dynasty league.

Once you make your pick, you need to drop someone to keep your total roster at 16 (NOT 17). If you have a player on the IR from the previous season, you need to drop someone to make it 16. Every team should have only 16 players to start the season regardless if the player is injured or not. You can also decide to pass or deal your pick if you don’t want to drop anyone.

DRAFT ORDER:

There will be a draft lottery to determine the draft order. The bottom 4 teams will be involved in the lottery, and the rest will follow the reverse order of the standings from last year.

Last place- 40%

2nd- 30%

3rd 20%

4th- 10%

TRADES:

Trades can only be vetoed by the commissioner. League votes tend to lead to lots of bickering and veto happy managers. The commish will not abuse this power, and will listen to other parties when there is a complain in pending trade. A trade will only be vetoed if it is heavily one-sided, or if there is an evidence of collusion.

Since this is a dynasty, we can deal our draft picks in-season. Just make sure that if a draft pick is included in a deal, you should inform all members by posting it in the message board. In trading of draft picks, to avoid confusion, managers can only deal picks for the upcoming season and not any picks beyond that.

TRADE RESPONSE TIMELINE:

Trading is one of the best things in fantasy sports, and if your team is offered a trade, you should give a response, no matter how insulting the offer is. Out of respect for others please respond to trade offers within seven (7) days upon offer.

If there will be teams who will leave trade offers hanging and violate this, you can inform the Commissioner about it. The Commissioner will warn the guilty party, and if the team continues to leave trade offers hanging, the Commissioner will have no choice but to find a replacement for this team next year. We want this league to be active.

Setting up of Line-ups (No Tanking):

In Public Leagues, teams who are at the bottom usually don’t adjust their line-ups anymore if they feel that they have no more shot of winning. We don’t want this to happen in our league, because it will give others an unfair advantage. If a manager is not setting up his line-up weekly, even if he’s already out of contention, he will be warned. If he continues to do this, proper action will be taken against him. We want to keep the league as active as possible.

Also, for those teams without team names yet, please start entering your team names, please use your RW Screen Name, you can change it after the draft. THis will help me identify your team better when I enter the offline draft.

to edit team name just go to My Team Page, and underneath the tabs of League, My Team, Scoreboard etc, you will see a link Team Settings, and you can edit your team name there. Please also fill up every details in or else you can't save it.

this is just to remind everyone that our dynasty nba draft will begin on August 2 12 AM ET time. rico381 can make his pick once the clock strikes 12 on the said date. This is roughly a week from right now.

Thank you.

As far as the IR spot how will that be handled at the start of the season? Will it first activate for a manager who has an injured player to drop in there and not until that manager has an injury on his drafted roster? Or will we be able to draft an injured player, and immediately drop him into the IR slot and pick up a WW player replacement or simply pluck an injured player off the wire to fill that IR spot immediately after drafting a fully healthy squad? Sorry for the poor wording, I've never played with an IR spot before.

Also when an IR spot is used if that player were to recover thus giving a manager 15 active players would said manager have to drop a player or keep the 15 man rotation going?

As far as the IR spot how will that be handled at the start of the season? Will it first activate for a manager who has an injured player to drop in there and not until that manager has an injury on his drafted roster? Or will we be able to draft an injured player, and immediately drop him into the IR slot and pick up a WW player replacement or simply pluck an injured player off the wire to fill that IR spot immediately after drafting a fully healthy squad? Sorry for the poor wording, I've never played with an IR spot before.

Also when an IR spot is used if that player were to recover thus giving a manager 15 active players would said manager have to drop a player or keep the 15 man rotation going?

I can't really answer these questions yet because just like you, this is also the first time that I'm playing with IR on a dynasty nba. But for the draft, we will have 16 rounds, after that if you have an injured player say Oden, Yao, maybe you can have the option of placing them in the IR. I'm not sure how this works yet. We'll have to see.

As for other question, if you want to activate your player on the IR, you have to drop one player assuming you don't have any other injured players and have a max roster

In every league I have been in you draft the normal amount of players, and then if you have a player on the IR then after the draft you may pick someone off the waivers once all the players have been entered into your teams and you have slotted that player as your IR. If that players comes off the IR, and you want to activate him, then you would have to drop a player. You will see once we get the players in the system after the draft...I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks man (men), the only reason I ask is because there are those guys who go undrafted yet really pick up their game at the beginning of the season before everyone catches on, so strategically drafting an injured player and having the immediate pick of the wire might be beneficial with the right educated guess as to which undrafted players become of value when the season actually starts. Strategy!!!!! Of course it could backfire if the injured player was intentionally drafted in the early rounds but for late rounders....anyhow, now that everyone is up on my secret strategy (jk)

Having fun with my prep, getting excited for the draft, you suckers on your game? B)

at 11th overall, it's tough to say who will be left for me to choose as my first overall pick, so it's hard to come up with a plan, i'll just go with the flow. tough to make a mock draft, eg. Dwight can go from 3rd overall to 2nd/3rd round etc.

Dwight is probably the toughest player to categorize, because if you pick him you are throwing away a category or two (FT, TO) .... I have seen him go so early in these drafts, but also in picks 20-30....he is a tough decision...I had him in one league that counted FGM and FTM instead of %...and also counted ORB and DRB as two separate categories...

In leagues where ORB,DRB and FTM, FGM are all seperate Dwight could arguably go #1.

YEah, it was a junk league....it was disbanded because of poor commissioning ..... hoping for better things in this league...

Round 1

1.01: rico381- OTC, when the clock strikes 12AM, Monday Aug. 2 (ET TIme)

1.02: GJDHouse

1.03: Gnosis

1.04: squidthunder

1.05: tremixt

1.06: jim james

1.07: Jubanton

1.08: sportsguy21792

1.09: mbroo5880i

1.10: fontaine

1.11: sya

1.12: KTOWNRACER

Pick 13: Ricky

Pick 14: giantninjarobot

please remember to PM the guy OTC after making your pick. Also if your turn is already approaching, and you have to leave for a long time, please PM your pick to another member of the league who is in no position to snipe your pick.

Thanks.

Pick 1.1 Kevin Durant

Round 1

1.01: rico381- Kevin Durant

1.02: GJDHouse

1.03: Gnosis

1.04: squidthunder

1.05: tremixt

1.06: jim james

1.07: Jubanton

1.08: sportsguy21792

1.09: mbroo5880i

1.10: fontaine

1.11: sya

1.12: KTOWNRACER

Pick 13: Ricky

Pick 14: giantninjarobot

No brainer pick. #1 player in fantasy at age 21, and only getting better.

I edited the league settings to begin the season already. By doing this, you can add the players that you pick by yourself so our player pool will be updated and it will be easier to see who's available and who's not.

But right now all players are on waiver, so until they clear waiver, I will manually add the players to your teams when you draft them using the LM tools.