Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Home of Heroes (RW members Dynasty NBA)

2.1: giantninjarobot - Amare Stoudamire

2.2: Ricky - Rajon Rondo

2.3: KTOWNRACER- Chris Bosh

2.4: rico381 - Josh Smith

2.5: fontaine - John Wall

2.6: mbroo5880i OTC

2.7: sportsguy21792

2.8: Jubanton

2.9: jim james

2.10: tremixt

2.11: squidthunder

2.12: Gnosis

2.13: GJDHouse

2.14: sya

If this was a re-draft I wouldn't have taken John Wall, would have elected to go with Andre Igoudola or something, but being as this is a dynasty, John Walls value, to me, is through the rough. He's going be gold, even this season.

wow, i thought he'd be available in rd4/5. Not blaming you but it's a reach for this season.... probably not a year or 2 from now.

Rd 4/5? In dynasty mocks, the lastest i've seen him go is Rd 3... I didn't think he would make it back to me next round, so I reached..

the biggest surprise of the draft so far. i had my eye on wall too in round 4, but let's see maybe this will pay off for fontaine

Pick 2.6 - Tyreke Evans

2.6: mbroo5880i - Tyreke Evans

2.7: sportsguy21792 - OTC

Pick 2.6 - Tyreke Evans

I was hoping Tyreke would fall close to my spot.....I think the early John Wall selection, made the Tyreke pick happen earlier than expected

John Walls tenure as a Maine Killer Lobstah is short.. deal complete. details to come shortly.

John Walls tenure as a Maine Killer Lobstah is short.. deal complete. details to come shortly.

GJDHouse trades

2nd Round

3rd Round

fontaine trades

John Wall

3rd Round

Please adjust accordingly commish. Good trade fontaine. I decided to make a bold move for Wall. He was my target in the 2nd round, and i was crushed to see you reach for him. It cost me 9 picks to get him, but hopefully that won't hurt me too bad.

Agreed.... youth/dynasty outlook clearly has people reaching a little early to lock down these guys. Definitely gives you an excellent future but riskier than taking a proven vet that you may be able to get 3-4 years out of.

GJDHouse trades

2nd Round

3rd Round

fontaine trades

John Wall

3rd Round

Please adjust accordingly commish. Good trade fontaine. I decided to make a bold move for Wall. He was my target in the 2nd round, and i was crushed to see you reach for him. It cost me 9 picks to get him, but hopefully that won't hurt me too bad.

Agreed. I really like John Wall. Think he's going to be a star but this trade will give me a better team and for that, I guess I can live without Wall.

nice dealing with you man, goodluck.

Pretty pumped about the active moves so far......I'm open for offers the entire draft

2.5: fontaine - John Wall (traded to GJDHouse)

2.13: fontaine

I was hoping Tyreke would fall close to my spot.....I think the early John Wall selection, made the Tyreke pick happen earlier than expected

I know in most redrafts he has been going around 40. I was hoping to get him with my next pick (#37) since he was ranked 3rd on my draft board when I selected him. However, my guess is that in a dynasty league he wouldn't have lasted that long.

I think he has the ability to be a top twenty player or better for a long time. Unlike Wall, we have seen him with a season under his belt and he is also the uncontested #1 option on his team. He has the ability to throw up a triple-double any night. If he can get his 3pt FG% up, he will be a future first rounder.

Agreed.... youth/dynasty outlook clearly has people reaching a little early to lock down these guys. Definitely gives you an excellent future but riskier than taking a proven vet that you may be able to get 3-4 years out of.

I agree. However, in the case of Evans, the issue in my mind is more one of health than future. He performed last year similar to several of the players selected around him. In fact, an argument can and has been made (since he was ROY) that he outperformed Curry throughout the year last year and he was selected 10 picks later. I think both will be 1st round picks in future years. BTW, I had Curry rated higher.

I took a big risk getting Wall, but Wall is a top 40 player going into this year, and I took him around 20....being that he hasn't turned 20 years old yet, I am pretty sure I got myself a top 30 player for the next 10 years, and there is a decent chance I got myself a top 15 player for the next 10 years. This year it will hurt me some, but it was a risk I was willing to take....I am definitely always looking to move around in the draft...I came close on another pick deal earlier in the draft, and have talked to several people, so if at any point you are looking to move up or down I am always listening.

Thought about going with a PG here, but decided to go with the best player on my board.

2.7: sportsguy21792 - Gerald Wallace

2.8: Jubanton - OTC

Thought about going with a PG here, but decided to go with the best player on my board.

I am a big fan of Wallace...especially in a H2H league...he can win those minor categories by himself sometimes

2.5: GJDHouse - John Wall

I took a big risk getting Wall, but Wall is a top 40 player going into this year, and I took him around 20....being that he hasn't turned 20 years old yet, I am pretty sure I got myself a top 30 player for the next 10 years, and there is a decent chance I got myself a top 15 player for the next 10 years. This year it will hurt me some, but it was a risk I was willing to take....I am definitely always looking to move around in the draft...I came close on another pick deal earlier in the draft, and have talked to several people, so if at any point you are looking to move up or down I am always listening.

I think it is a good risk to take in a dynasty league. I see nothing wrong with guys like Curry, Wall and Evans going earlier in dynasty drafts. We have a changing of the "guard" so to speak in the NBA. As I mentioned earlier, I rated Curry the highest of the three since he does shoot 3s better than the other two.

As I look at the draft unfold, I may regret not taking Deron instead of Pau. It was a close call.

2.5: GJDHouse - John Wall

2.8: Jubanton - Carlos Boozer

2.9: jim james - OTC

Yeah, there is no doubt that Curry is more highly ranked than Wall because of his threes, but I don't think the 2nd round is too crazy for a multi-category producer. It is different than drafting a limited player that might contribute in 2-3 categories, but guys like Tyreke and Wall can give you across the board production. I will be surprised if Wall doesn't surpass Evans rookie year, especially in assists..