Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Home of Heroes (RW members Dynasty NBA)

i hope tremixt and jim james show up, bec all that are next in line are here, need to make my pick before i leave

If you guys are going offline, please leave your picks with someone via PM

i hope tremixt and jim james show up, bec all that are next in line are here, need to make my pick before i leave

I know.....it would be nice to get this flowing, if possible....

I've PMed a list of guys to GJDhouse because im headed out to my parents house for a few hours and didn't want to hold up the draft. FYI.

i would also like to leave a list, unfortunately, i'm still about 6 picks away and it's very hard to determine who I will be picking, esp since it will be 2 straight picks and not just 1 pick.

I should be online for the next few hours, if you need to leave picks with anyone.......

you can pm me your wish list if they are in order.... i'll be off and on for most of the day.

i'll be gone, but will try to check back in again in a few hours. I can't leave a list because I have back to back picks, and my draft strategy will really depend on who I pick first before I can determine who to pick to kick off round 3. And since my turn is still 5 picks away, it's hard for me to leave a list at the turn of rounds 2 to 3

2.1: giantninjarobot - Amare Stoudamire

2.2: Ricky - Rajon Rondo

2.3: KTOWNRACER- Chris Bosh

2.4: rico381 - Josh Smith

2.5: GJDHouse - John Wall

2.6: mbroo5880i - Tyreke Evans

2.7: sportsguy21792 - Gerald Wallace

2.8: Jubanton - Carlos Boozer

2.9: jim james - OTC

2.10: tremixt

2.11: squidthunder

2.12: Gnosis

2.13: fontaine

2.14: sya

Interesting pick of Boozer......I'm curious how he does on Chicago...

Really hoped Crash was going to slide to me.... but there were questions on my mind for all the guys on the board. Projected a similar stat line for him, slightly higher ppg maybe a reb and a fraction less.

You have your next pick planned out?

Really hoped Crash was going to slide to me.... but there were questions on my mind for all the guys on the board. Projected a similar stat line for him, slightly higher ppg maybe a reb and a fraction less.

I got some ideas....

having Dirk, it helps with good FG and FT% for my PF....plus getting a great source of 3's from my PF, which is rare. I got some ideas, just got to see who's left on the board

Back to Jim James again - hopefully it doesn't take 10 hours like last time....I am going to be in and out this afternoon, but I will do my best to stay connected to the computer. Sya - you have my cell so feel free to text me if mine or fontaine's turn comes up, and I can get you a pick for him...

You took my guy! I was hoping Granger would fall to me, especially with Kobe still on the board. Then rico traded up and stole Josh Smith!

Yeah, there is no doubt that Curry is more highly ranked than Wall because of his threes, but I don't think the 2nd round is too crazy for a multi-category producer. It is different than drafting a limited player that might contribute in 2-3 categories, but guys like Tyreke and Wall can give you across the board production. I will be surprised if Wall doesn't surpass Evans rookie year, especially in assists..

I would expect Wall to crush Evans in assists. I think Evans will end up scoring and rebounding more. I will take 20/5/5 from Evans (last year's numbers) but I am hoping for more! B) It will be interesting to see how Wall and Arenas mesh together. Wall is the real deal. I hope they give him the keys and let him run the show.

I got some ideas....

having Dirk, it helps with good FG and FT% for my PF....plus getting a great source of 3's from my PF, which is rare. I got some ideas, just got to see who's left on the board

Dirk's not a sexy pick but he allows you to take some of the multi-cat guys that don't necessary shoot the rock well.

Dirk's not a sexy pick but he allows you to take some of the multi-cat guys that don't necessary shoot the rock well.

Dirk's not sexy, but his regular season numbers for a PF speak for themselves (playoff numbers are even better):

25.0 PPG

7.7 RPG

3 APG

1 BPG

1 SPG

.480 FG%

.421 3FG%

.915 FT%

I would expect Wall to crush Evans in assists. I think Evans will end up scoring and rebounding more. I will take 20/5/5 from Evans (last year's numbers) but I am hoping for more! B) It will be interesting to see how Wall and Arenas mesh together. Wall is the real deal. I hope they give him the keys and let him run the show.

I think that the only two categories that Evans will be better at (after the first year) will be blocks and rebounds. Everything else I expect to go to Wall. He is a better shooter, quicker, better from the free throw line, and a better ball handler than Evans. I love Evans, and if I wouldn't have traded up for Wall I would have been hoping that Evans fell to me, but I think Wall is a superior basketball player. I was kind of hoping to snag both to be honest, but that is the deal. It is tough to find multi-category producers...they cover a lot of flaws in a lineup.

Man, I go away two days in a row and the draft stalls out both times. Bummer. Anyhow, I'm always up for trades as well, although I'm also content with my positions, the swing pick is pretty rad. I kinda wanna keep the 3rd/4th rounders but am open to trading the 5th/6th round picks (70/71) (and still open to trade the 42/43 for the right deal). I was really hoping Wall or Evans would fall to me but for every guy taken earlier than expected (Boozer included although I like the pick and think he'll give awesome value) there are vets and other left for later.

Dirk's not sexy, but his regular season numbers for a PF speak for themselves (playoff numbers are even better):

.480 FG%

.421 3FG%

.915 FT%

Yep, as Dr. A said in his column, "when he laces them up you know exactly what you are going to get" (and my words...and it is always good). Those percentages are on a high volume of shots. I have him in a roto keeper. He is even more valuable in roto than H2H.

Yep, as Dr. A said in his column, "when he laces them up you know exactly what you are going to get" (and my words...and it is always good). Those percentages are on a high volume of shots. I have him in a roto keeper. He is even more valuable in roto than H2H.

Yea, to be honest, I've played fantasy bball for quite awhile, and this is the first time I have ever owned Dirk......very excited for those numbers from my PF

Not sure where I'm going to lean next.....depends on what happens in the next few picks.

Lol noted. hopefully I return the favour next round!

Jim keeps killing any momentum we make... does anyone know how to reach him?

I traded Wade for him at the end of last season in a 10 team H2H and he ended up winning third place for me (first league first season), his FT% really helped me out winning a cat I was woefully inadequate in all season.

Back to Jim James again - hopefully it doesn't take 10 hours like last time....I am going to be in and out this afternoon, but I will do my best to stay connected to the computer. Sya - you have my cell so feel free to text me if mine or fontaine's turn comes up, and I can get you a pick for him...

maybe if you scumbags would stop taking my guys (stephen curry + josh smith) i would be able to pick faster...

wth

stop taking my guys...

seriously