Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

2010/11 Rotoworld Cup

Primadonnas were the clear winners of Gameweek 27, posting 93 points, more than 20 more than Granicar. NYFC made some gains on Needle, and the 1st place lead stands at 22:

1 Needle FC ---------------------- 51 = 1359

2 NYFC ----------------------------- 67 = 1337

3 CB Chargers FC ---------------- 53 = 1312

4 Swanky Primadonnas --------- 93 = 1281

5 Granicar ------------------------ 71 = 1274

6 Back of the Net ---------------- 64 = 1193

7 Pittsboro Steelers ------------- 44 = 1183

The league is now ranked 109,743 out of 223,059.

It's a weird week coming up, with only nine matches, and while Arsenal, Birmingham and Tottenham sits things out, Man United plays twice, including a face-off with Chelsea on Tuesday.

Wigan/Man United are on FSC tomorrow at 10am, immediately followed by Aston Villa/Blackburn. On Sunday, Arsenal and Birmingham play the Carling Cup final at 11am.

Hi Everyone Sorry for the poor showing this season Work promo and location change stuffed me up

I am glad to see the league still strong and that the norm Needle & NYFc are still battling for the lead.

As for me well the basement is always a place i know

I big run home is now on the cards Lol

BOTN

Needle continues to hold the lead through 28 weeks, but it's a precarious one. NYFC gained 11 points last week, and now trails by that margin. Chargers and Granicar also made some gains, and even though Primadonnas slid back into 5th place, they're still in shouting distance.

The league slid backward a bit further, and is now ranked 113,500 out of 223,197.

Gameweek 29 will cover four days, and includes a second match for Everton and Birmingham. The marquee match of the week has Liverpool hosting Man United. The Reds need wins in order to get back into consideration for European competition, and get a United squad that has lost two of their last three on the road.

FSC has Arsenal/Sunderland (10am) and Man City/Wigan (12:30) tomorrow, and Wolves/Tottenham (11am) on Sunday. ESPN2 has Birmingham/West Brom (7:30am) tomorrow and Blackpool/Chelsea (3pm) on Monday.

It was a fairly low-scoring week for the league, allowing a relatively weak 43-point showing by Chargers to lead the way. Needle padded his lead, upping it to 23 points over NYFC, and there were no changes to the table.

We slightly improved our overall ranking, and now stand at 111,388 out of 223,347.

It's a straight forward 10-match Gameweek 30 starting on the 19th. We're off this week as the FA Cup resumes with the Quarter-finals; seven of the final 8 are EPL sides, with Championship-level Reading the only lower level side remaining.

It wasn't the strongest showing of the week - that belongs to BotN, who had 78 points - but NYFC's 76 points combined with Needle's 51 to force a change at the top of the table:

1 NYFC ------------------------ 1484

2 Needle FC ------------------ 1482

3 CB Chargers FC ----------- 1433

4 Granicar -------------------- 1430

5 Swanky Primadonnas ----- 1415

6 Back of the Net ----------- 1336

7 Pittsboro Steelers -------- 1270

As we head into the final eight weeks of the season, it's becoming a two-team race, but some more big numbers could still make things interesting. Overall, the league is ranked 114,813 out of 223,522.

We have a standard ten-match week coming up, but it won't be played until the weekend of April 2-3. The EPL is off this weekend in consideration of qualifying matches for Euro 2012.

Well, the lower-end of the table has apparently decided that they're fed up, and they're not going to take it anymore!:

1 NYFC ----------------------- 46 = 1530

2 Needle FC ------------------ 41 = 1523

3 Granicar -------------------- 57 =1487

4 Swanky Primadonnas ----- 65 = 1480

5 CB Chargers FC ------------ 33 = 1466

6 Back of the Net ------------ 28 = 1364

7 Pittsboro Steelers --------- 44 = 1314

Primadonnas and Granicar pushed their way into the upper end (with some help from Chargers) with measurably superior weeks. NYFC got a little more breathing space, but it should be clear that Needle isn't going anywhere. The question now becomes, do the upstarts have enough time to put even more pressure on the front-runners?

The league gained back some ground on the rest of the leagues, and is now ranked 107,198 out of 223,610.

Liverpool hosts Man City in the most prominent of the 10 matches. Man United and Tottenham could get tests from the visiting mid-table sides Fulham and Stoke City, respectively.

NYFC's lead is up to 17 points after week 32, and Primadonnas is now trying to be a factor after taking the week's honors with 67 points. Granicar slid back to make room, and everyone else held their position.

The league gave back some ground, and is now ranked 113,787 out of 223,695.

Gameweek 33 is a little unusual in its structure. There are only nine matches and they're spread out over four days. Arsenal, Chelsea and Birmingham play twice, while Man City, Bolton, Wolves, Stoke City and Fulham will sit out until week 34.

The decision to not take Drogba this week is going to haunt me until next season.

With five weeks remaining in the season, the race is tightening up, with Granicar forcing their way into consideration with a massive performance, led by the aforementioned Ivorian:

1 NYFC ------------------------ 74 = 1660

2 Needle FC ------------------ 94 = 1659

3 Granicar ------------------- 116 = 1652

4 Swanky Primadonnas ------ 56 = 1599

5 CB Chargers FC ------------ 66 = 1579

6 Back of the Net ------------ 64 = 1495

7 Pittsboro Steelers --------- 80 = 1429

With the whole league generally doing well, we leaped up the standings, and are now ranked 98,169 out of 223,758.

Gameweek 34 is spread out over four days, and there are two extra matches. It's mid-to-lower table teams with the extras; #8 Bolton is the highest-placed team playing twice. With the exception of Man City and Tottenham, all teams will be level in terms of games remaining.

Things are getting all kinds of interesting as we head into the home stretch:

1 Needle FC -------------------- 87 = 1738

2 Granicar ---------------------- 62 = 1714

3 NYFC -------------------------- 52 = 1712

4 CB Chargers FC -------------- 87 = 1666

5 Swanky Primadonnas ------- 42 = 1641

6 Back of the Net -------------- 47 = 1542

7 Pittsboro Steelers ----------- 58 = 1487

Needle leaped past NYFC to take back 1st place, and it was double trouble as Granicar was able to slip past for 2nd. Chargers' strong week got them back into 4th, but at this point, it looks likes a three team race.

The league took another step forward in the overall rankings and are now ranked 97,033 out of 223,824.

Gameweek 35 is a straight-forward ten match slate with all being played this weekend. Chelsea/Spurs tomorrow and Arsenal/ManU on Sunday are your marquee matches.

Needle gave themselves a touch of breathing room by pacing the group in Gameweek 35, but it's still pretty tight, with NYFC sliding back into 2nd and Granicar staying in the hunt.

Gameweek 36 stretches over four days, with Man City and Tottenham playing twice. The marquee match, however, will be Man United hosting Chelsea on Sunday. A win for the Red Devils will pretty much lock down another EPL title, but if Chelsea wins, they'll be level on points and will have the Goal Differential tie breaker.

It's beginning to look a lot like Needle, after the front-runners paced the competition in Gameweek 36. NFC added over 20 points to their lead, and are now 50 clear with only two weeks to play. All others held position, although Chargers inched closer to moving out of 4th.

The league as a whole continues to move forward, and is now ranked 89,052 out of 223,866.

We have a standard 10-match slate in week 37. Chelsea fans will be pulling for Blackburn tomorrow, who need to beat Man United in order to preserve any challenges to another Red Devils championship. United can clinch the title with as little as Draw. Elsewhere, Liverpool and Tottenham square of in a battle for 5th place, and a spot in Euro competition.

It's beginning to look a lot like Needle, after the front-runners paced the competition in Gameweek 36.
The decision to not take Drogba this week is going to haunt me until next season.

Damn you Drgoba!

Damn you Drgoba!

I can relate....I have DJ Campbell's 13 points sitting on my bench, laughing at me.

Now I have to hope that Toure or Kenwyne don't play on Tuesday...

It's all over, and the song remains the same....all hail Needle FC!

1 Needle FC --------------------- 1978

2 NYFC -------------------------- 1910

3 Granicar ---------------------- 1904

4 CB Chargers FC -------------- 1852

5 Swanky Primadonnas -------- 1787

6 Back of the Net -------------- 1693

7 Pittsboro Steelers ----------- 1619

As it turned out, the final week saw everyone hold position, and Needle made sure there were no late challenges by taking the weeks' honors.

The league finished ranked ranked 89,066 out of 223,765, a little further back than last season, but still did well with a small number. Another, much much bigger, league I'm in, finished near the bottom.

I want to thank everyone for another great season, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone back for another year...if you've been following along from the outside, hope you join us!

The 2011-12 game is now open on EPL.com and it's got a new look. So who's coming back?

The 2011-12 game is now open on EPL.com and it's got a new look. So who's coming back?

I'll be there, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Look for more info after I go see the Union beat Real Madrid tonight! B)