Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00funk

Rotoworld Forum H2H league

Moderator, if this post does not belong here but in the league finder forum, please move it. I thought that it might be OK since the post is directed at forum members/veterans rather than random people looking for leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone interested in starting an H2H league comprised of the best of the rotoworld forum regulars/veterans????

The format would be 9 cat standard H2H, but the number of teams/roster can differ, depending on the interest. If there is a demand, we could have multiple leagues set up as well.

I would use basically two criteria to pick which members will participate.

1) "Name value," meaning how long you have been involved in rotoworld forums and how insightful/committed you are of fantasy basketball (yes, this is somewhat subjective, but I've been reading the forums consistently for a long time). I will also consider your membership length and number of posts)

2) Your track record. If you would like in and you think that you don't have enough forum credentials, please post or message me a link to your yahoo fantasy performance page. for example, mine is http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/aQwuA__OM...T08/performance

I know that many people (as do I) have multiple yahoo accounts or play in other sites. Just show me something that shows your experience in fantasy basketball. This is not a job application and I'm not going to nitpick your eligibility as long as you have a few years of fantasy basketball experience. If we have more than 12 interested, we can have 2 leagues.

Let me know if you guys are interested. Please reply or send me a message.

For the record, I got the idea from busersports, where buser is compiling a fantasy profiles of the forum members and will use it as a criteria to send invitation to forum leagues. http://busersports.com/apps/fantasy-profil...ofiles.php?s=bb

In...if I qualified...and if it's on yahoo...

FWIW, I think this thread can stay here since he is right about it being directing at the regular board members and not random people. Also save a lot of time than to PMs everyone and ask, which I tried to but too much.

Moderator, if this post does not belong here but in the league finder forum, please move it. I thought that it might be OK since the post is directed at forum members/veterans rather than random people looking for leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technically. this should be in the league finder forum, but since it early August, I'm ok with leaving it here as long as a few forum vets are into it.

Any forum vets interested in co-managing this thread / league?

Technically. this should be in the league finder forum, but since it early August, I'm ok with leaving it here as long as a few forum vets are into it.

Any forum vets interested in co-managing this thread / league?

In...if I qualified...and if it's on yahoo...

If qualified I'm in. Crave serious competition to sharpen my own blade against. Already in a RW based H2H league that Sya started and another would be welcome.

Im in...
Im in...

a BlueDevils22 vs. BlueDevils22 week in H2H? that would be awesome or sad, depending on how you look at it.

Nice idea. I'm tempted to quote Groucho Marx, but... I'll play if accepted.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."?

I'm up for the challenge if I qualify and it's a Yahoo League (which it appears to be)

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/a16vuzqGQ...TpTbgJr.6uJrJeV

My profile speaks for itself, and although I don't have as many posts as other members, it's because I only post in the Basketball section of the site.

PM me if i'm able to join.....looking for an ultra-competitive League.

Thanks for responding guys. Looks like we're gonna have a good number of people (12 so far showing interest). We have plenty of time, so we will leave the thread open until mid-August, and I will post or pm everyone towards mid-late August. I'm REALLY looking forward to this league(s).

If we could get a solid 16 team League that would be great.

i'm in (most likely) but no guarantees. i'd just like to reserve a spot. i'll let everyone know by mid august or whatever if something comes up and i need to be replaced.

here's my profile: http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/aBksBoZqt...mpA/performance

i've only managed one b-ball team on yahoo. one other on espn and cbs. if need be, i can link those as well.

Yea, its a little early for me to commit as well, but I'm interested.

I'll throw my name in, too. I'm in a few RW leagues this year, but they always are the most active, so why not? Only problem is you all are already going to know all my strategies... B)

I'll throw my name in, too. I'm in a few RW leagues this year, but they always are the most active, so why not? Only problem is you all are already going to know all my strategies... B)

haha ya, i was thinking about that too. oh well, first RW league. i'll bet it'll be highly competitive. plus, at the end of the day, i'm not going to be able to manage more than two teams at once.

as far as 'vetting', i'm not sure how far to take that. as long as we can establish that he is either: a) an established member; or A1) has a bit of fantasy experience...i don't think we should exclude them. we're making a good run here though. i just don't want a holier than thou, elitist attitude to sprout from it. i was a rookie once and i made my way into the top 3 and never placed worse than that. last season in one of my leagues, a rookie won it all. :) idk, i remember everyone calling me a 'young crud' to put it politely. it comes with the territory but i don't think it's a hard line rule. however, i won't lie, heckling can be fun.

I agree with this. Last year was my first year managing but I'm a very active manager and have learned the ropes real quick. I placed 3rd from the 6th playoff seed which I probably shouldn't have been able to grab being at about 8/10 all year.

Experience isn't everything: PASSION!!!