Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00funk

Rotoworld Forum H2H league

I'd be interested in being in a league with some of the guys who have been around the boards for awhile, people I have posted with and whatnot. If its full of guys with 100 posts and what not i may not. Like Shameless said, a bit early but i have intrest.

Oh, and to show off a bit...

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/aKPfer4eg...u1lDuqNxzWH9XTu

I tend to partially disagree because I'm only in my soph season and as previously stated don't think experience is everything but just in general I think it's good to have a nice mix of people and experience so long as everyone is committed. With the list of people interested it doesn't seem like it would be anywhere near full of 100 posters or those only moderately interested: which I agree would not be very fun if one was one of the only regulars/vets.

I like a healthy balance B)

I tend to partially disagree because I'm only in my soph season and as previously stated don't think experience is everything but just in general I think it's good to have a nice mix of people and experience so long as everyone is committed. With the list of people interested it doesn't seem like it would be anywhere near full of 100 posters or those only moderately interested: which I agree would not be very fun if one was one of the only regulars/vets.

I like a healthy balance B)

I agree with you that experience isn't everything, but I think what CitizenJ was referring to was not experience/skill, but the appeal of playing with those whom we have heard talk about fantasy basketball for years. This board has been a place where we debated fantasy implications of the smallest trades and many have spent a good chunk of their lives writing/reading posts here. The merit is playing against those people, not just those who are passionate/knowledgeable/experienced.

As such, I will probably group the more prominent/visible rotoworld members together if we end up having more than one league (which seems likely). I myself would like to play in that group, but I know that I lack the forum credentials also. No matter which league we are in, I think that they will all be full of active and competitive. Perhaps for the 2011-2012 season (if no lockout), we can take the top X teams of each league and group them in a league together so that we get to play with different members or we can weed out inactive members and form a super active rotoworld h2h keepers league (perhaps 20 teams?).

i'm in, not just interested, but IN...very committed manager, and reigning 2 time defending dynasty league champion of the bh dynasty league. also i have the highest post count of those listed so far.

So far I have 19 members that have shown interest. I would like to ask that you PM me or reply to me by Aug. 28, 5pm EST, to confirm your commitment.

If you are not in the list, but would like to join, please PM/reply also, preferably with a link to your yahoo performance page.

Depending on the number of managers we have by the 28th, we'll likely have 1 league with 14-16 teams or 2 leagues with 10-12 teams. The format, of course, is H2H 9 cat w/ standard positions. I am leaning towards having a weekly transaction limit + having the championship match one week prior to the end of regular season.

If you have any suggestions regarding league size/format/details, feel free to share. One idea that I would like to throw out there is doing an auction draft rather than snake. If we end up with 2 leagues, perhaps we can do snake in one and auction in the other.

I am intersted if we can do a keeper league

I'm STILL...in...oh and prefer snake draft...

Never played in keeper leagues before...but wouldn't mind to try it.

So far I have 19 members that have shown interest. I would like to ask that you PM me or reply to me by Aug. 28, 5pm EST, to confirm your commitment.

If you are not in the list, but would like to join, please PM/reply also, preferably with a link to your yahoo performance page.

Depending on the number of managers we have by the 28th, we'll likely have 1 league with 14-16 teams or 2 leagues with 10-12 teams. The format, of course, is H2H 9 cat w/ standard positions. I am leaning towards having a weekly transaction limit + having the championship match one week prior to the end of regular season.

If you have any suggestions regarding league size/format/details, feel free to share. One idea that I would like to throw out there is doing an auction draft rather than snake. If we end up with 2 leagues, perhaps we can do snake in one and auction in the other.

sorry... bumping this thread...!! reply/PM by tomorrow!

I would like in...just can't access my Yahoo page from my current location. If you really need it, then I can send it later. I'm pretty active on the various posts here.

In...if I qualified...and if it's on yahoo...

QFE!

let's get it crackin"!!

So the confirmation deadline has passed, and we have exactly 12 managers who confirmed their spots. Here they are in no particular order:

Code of Hammurabi

PhantasyPhreak5821

ginocan

squidthunder

Clubber Lang

BlueDevils22

phi slamma jamma

tremixt

blacknapalm

Kawz

rico381

w00funk

This will be a H2H Yahoo keeper league. I was hoping that we could get 14 or 16 teams, but 12 is fine too. I will PM league ID/password to each of you sometime within a week. Draft will be a week or two before the start of the season.

look forward to this, never played in keeper leagues before. Gotta read up on the rules and tricks about that soon now. Seems like you got this locked down. If I can be any help with the league set up or whatever. Just let me know.

And is it possible to expand to 16 teams?

I'm sure we can get 4 more people

Funny I always get confused by you two.

sweet, its time to show rico381 who the real rico is!

any word on when this league will be set up?

League will be set up and messages sent out end of this weak or early next week. And the league will likely be expanded to 14 or 16 teams.

sweet, its time to show rico381 who the real rico is!

Huh? I'm a little confused by this, to be honest, but I guess we'll settle it during the season.