Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotochat

IDP Watch 2010

Surprising that we don't have a thread like last year exclusively for IDP players...so here goes...please post your thoughts

Surprising that we don't have a thread like last year exclusively for IDP players...so here goes...please post your thoughts

I'm hoping Suggs can have a great year, since I just drafted him. I read he lost 20lbs and is playing intense. Our league has him listed as a DL hopefully he can get a couple of picks. LOL

He's on a lot of sleeper lists and usually ranked in the top 25 LB's by most publications, but Lawrence Timmons looked real good against the Broncos last night. Could be the Steeler LB to own this year.

A few other young guys I like:

Stephen Tulloch

Ray Maualuga

Adrian Wilson

LaRon Landry

Earl Thomas

TJ Ward

Perrish Cox could be good in leagues that count return yards.

I got Tulloch for $1 in my IDP auction behind Vilma and Demeco Ryans. 2pts tackle 4pts sack 2pts pass block, 2pts forced fumble, 4pts int. Our LB's score very close to RB's so I was thrilled with this group.

I think Sean Weatherspoon on ATL may be a breakout rookie.

They're not on the 1st page right now, but there are IDP threads.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=188850

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=189526

I got Tulloch for $1 in my IDP auction behind Vilma and Demeco Ryans. 2pts tackle 4pts sack 2pts pass block, 2pts forced fumble, 4pts int. Our LB's score very close to RB's so I was thrilled with this group.

I think Sean Weatherspoon on ATL may be a breakout rookie.

'Spoon is stuck playing the SAM LB, the worst LB spot to play. He may end up being a DROY candidate, but he'll have trouble being IDP relevant, because SLBs just don't rack up many tackles. He'll have random good games, but they will be very hard to predict.

Oh I see. Last year it was showing up always at the top in the 'Important Topics' list so that it does not scroll down and gets embedded deep down in a few days. Looks like the moderator's have to make that change...

Thanks for the threads.

Danieal Manning is another name to look out for return yards.

They're not on the 1st page right now, but there are IDP threads.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=188850

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=189526

'Spoon is stuck playing the SAM LB, the worst LB spot to play. He may end up being a DROY candidate, but he'll have trouble being IDP relevant, because SLBs just don't rack up many tackles. He'll have random good games, but they will be very hard to predict.

Defensive Line ~

Calais Campbell-Arz: Could be the most physically talented lineman in the NFL, he just started putting it together last year, I think this year it all comes together.

Brandon Graham-Phi: With Cole on the other side he will face a lot of tackles that will be on an island. Has the Eagles giddy with excitement over his potential.

Matt Shaughnessy-Oak: Now 2+yrs removed from the surgery that kept him from being a 1st round pick. Gets good tackle #'s for a DL and provides some push in the passing game.

Everette Brown-Car: After a rookie redshirt year, he looks ready to turn it on. He has elite quickness and an amazing lighting quick first step. Not many tackles, but could hit double digits in tackles.

Linebackers ~

Dhani Jones-Cin: Appears to have held of Maualuga for the MLB slot, making him a near lock for 100 tackles. One of the cheaper MLBs available on a top 10 D.

Lawrence Timmons-Pitt: Hasn't been the tackling machine you might expect, but that step should come this year, plus he has a nose for the ball as well.

Geno Hayes-TB: Plays former IDP stud, Derrick Brooks old spot and put up Brooks-lite #'s last year. Maybe a little uptick this year as he matures.

Lofa Tatupu-Sea: Was an IDP stud until his injury plagued '09. Appears healthy and has his job back, should rebound well.

Jonathan Goff-NYG: Won the MLB spot over the bigger named Keith Bullock and has 100 tackle potential now.

Daryl Washington-Arz: Legit sideline-to-sideline speed and it looks like he has nailed down one of the starting ILB spots. Love him in dynasty and deep keeper leagues.

Ernie Sims-Phi: Still has elite speed, but still injury-prone, however his physical skill set is just perfect for the WILL in Philly.

Cameron Wake-Mia: A supreme physical talent with elite pass rush skills. Will play all 3 downs this year giving him a boost in all categories.

Terrell Suggs-Balt: After an off year, he is motivated to earn his next contract. My pick to lead the league in sacks this year. His ADP will be as low as it will ever be this year.

Dan Connor-Car: Will be the MIKE on 1st and 2nd down, but comes off the field when sub-packages are brought in. Still an outside shot at 100 tackles, but probably not much else.

Defensive Backs ~

Eric Berry-KC: In dynasty or rookie drafts, he should be the #1 IDP selected. He will be a star for the next 10yrs.

LaRon Landry-Wash: Being moved to his natural SS position this year, should result in a tackle #'s spike and create a top 10 IDP DB.

Terrell Thomas-NYG: A good CB, who lines up across from an even better one in Webster, so he gets picked on giving him high tackle numbers and a lot of INT opportunities.

Richard Marshall-Car: See Terrell Thomas, one blurb above, and replace Webster with Gamble.

Antonio Cromartie-NYJ: If Revis signs, he'll be in the same boat as Thomas & Marshall.

Brandon Meriweather-NE: A do it all type of FS who is ready to explode in IDP this year. With CB concerns, teams will be attacking NE through the air giving him good tackle numbers.

Sean Jones-TB, Anthony Smith-Jax, & T.J. Ward-Clev: They all won the SS job for their respective teams, on teams which will spend a lot of time on the field, and they all play behind leaky front sevens that will provide plenty of tackling opportunities.

Kyle Wilson-NYJ, Chris Cook-Min, Kareem Jackson-Hou, Joe Haden-Clev, Devin McCourty-NE, Alterraun Verner-Ten: These rookie CBs have won significant playing time. Rookie CBs get thrown at so they will rack up higher than normal tackle numbers for CBs and will get more chances at INTs because of it.

Thoughts on Suggs this year? I'm hoping he goes off.

If Bal. offense can light it up he could be on the field alot against teams trying to play catch up which means sacks.

Any thoughts on how Sanders may affect Bethea this year? I had him last year and he was pretty solid for tackles.

Any thoughts on how Sanders may affect Bethea this year? I had him last year and he was pretty solid for tackles.

I would think he'd slip a little, from a good DB3 to an average DB4.

Even though Sanders' return doesn't change Bethea's position, the last time Sanders played a full season, Bethea only had 47 tackles. In the last two seasons with Sanders gone, Bethea has gotten 70+ tackles.

Now Bethea was very young in '08, so I'll estimate him at 55-60 tackles, with his usual 2-4 INTs, that makes him a DB4, at best.

Of course, Sanders could get hurt reading this and move Bethea back to a good DB3!

Thoughts on Suggs this year? I'm hoping he goes off.

If Bal. offense can light it up he could be on the field alot against teams trying to play catch up which means sacks.

Terrell Suggs-Balt: After an off year, he is motivated to earn his next contract. My pick to lead the league in sacks this year. His ADP will be as low as it will ever be this year.

In tackle-heavy leagues, make sure DB Pat Chung is on your team this year. As long as he can stay healthy, he should be in for a MONSTER tackle year. If you don't believe, just look at what he's been doing w/ the starters in preseason so far. He tackles well, has a high-motor, is always around the ball, and the New England D is going to be on the field a lot this year with all of their injuries.

I REPEAT...MAKE SURE PAT CHUNG IS FILLING ONE OF YOUR DB SPOTS IN 2010!!!

In tackle-heavy leagues, make sure DB Pat Chung is on your team this year. As long as he can stay healthy, he should be in for a MONSTER tackle year. If you don't believe, just look at what he's been doing w/ the starters in preseason so far. He tackles well, has a high-motor, is always around the ball, and the New England D is going to be on the field a lot this year with all of their injuries.

I REPEAT...MAKE SURE PAT CHUNG IS FILLING ONE OF YOUR DB SPOTS IN 2010!!!

Nice...I was just about to post on this guy. I went CHEAP on IDP's this year (Dynasty Auction league)....we start one of each DL/LB/DB. I currently own DL Greg Hardy LB Rarrett Ruud DB Morgan Burnett.

Scouring the waiver wire is see Pat Chung out there, as well as O.J. Atogwe....whats up with this guy? did he ever get healthy? how has he looked in preseason? He was putting up HUGE numbers last year before the injury....any word?

Couple DL's im looking at too....Justin Smith SF and Kiwanuka from the Giants. Justin Smith has a non-stop motor and with SF offense improving he should get more sacks. How is the battle between Kiwi/Osi going in NY? both are available in my league.

Chris Hope or Terrance Mcgee have any value this year? These guys were solid in years past(with return yards) looking for some deeper sleepers.

Nice...I was just about to post on this guy. I went CHEAP on IDP's this year (Dynasty Auction league)....we start one of each DL/LB/DB. I currently own DL Greg Hardy LB Rarrett Ruud DB Morgan Burnett.

Scouring the waiver wire is see Pat Chung out there, as well as O.J. Atogwe....whats up with this guy? did he ever get healthy? how has he looked in preseason? He was putting up HUGE numbers last year before the injury....any word?

Couple DL's im looking at too....Justin Smith SF and Kiwanuka from the Giants. Justin Smith has a non-stop motor and with SF offense improving he should get more sacks. How is the battle between Kiwi/Osi going in NY? both are available in my league.

From the depth charts I'm reading it shows Kiwi is gong to start and the site IDP guru compared him to Calais Campbell and they liked Kiwi better.

Is Greg Hardy going to be a starter in Carolina? Rotoworld has him 3rd on the depth chart currently.

From the depth charts I'm reading it shows Kiwi is gong to start and the site IDP guru compared him to Calais Campbell and they liked Kiwi better.

Is Greg Hardy going to be a starter in Carolina? Rotoworld has him 3rd on the depth chart currently.

Last i read Hardy has been running with the first team in practices during camp, Although Tyler Brayton has been injured. I choose Hardy because of my league settings (Rookies are kept for 5 years)...but i also like Hardy's upside the most, could have been a top ten pick after his sophmore year. Charles Johnson/Everett Brown and Brayton are available in my league....and the way the Panthers D-Line looked this preseason i would say the door is WIDE open for any of the 4 ends. I think they each had a couple sacks....Hardy with 3.

I heard Kiwi was could be a 3 down player this year also, which obviously would increase his value. Justin Smith is also a nice look even if he is a 3-4 end

I would also like to hear more on Atwan Odom....was on a TEAR last year before his achilles blew out. I was able to watch one of the Bengals preseason games, but couldnt gauge Odom. The Bengals D-Line as a whole looks good again though.

Any of those Hybrid DE/LB you guys know of would be great to....I got lucky last year in a league that required a DL spot, Dumervil was listed as DE...even though he was OLB. Getting that kind of production from a DL spot is priceless.

I just picked up Morgan Burnett (S) from Green Bay, Atari Bigby is starting the season on the PUP list so Burnett is the starter and I would be surprised if he's not the starter still even when Bigby returns.

I just picked up Morgan Burnett (S) from Green Bay, Atari Bigby is starting the season on the PUP list so Burnett is the starter and I would be surprised if he's not the starter still even when Bigby returns.

Great pickup...i love Burnett's chances this year, teams are going to have NO choice but to throw against the Pack and that offense.

BTW...can somebody "sticky" this to the top section like it was last year? that way us IDP'ers dont have to worry about this thread getting buried....pleaseandthankyou B)

O.J. Atogwe....whats up with this guy? did he ever get healthy? how has he looked in preseason? He was putting up HUGE numbers last year before the injury....any word?

I know Atogwe started the third game, I saw it on NFLN. He has always been propped up statistically by INTs, but INTs are always fluky IMO, so I look for tackle guys and hope I get lucky with INTs. Take away the INTs and he's a DB2 at best. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but don't reach for his INTs.

Smith is a top 5-10 DL, but the 3-4D limits his pass rush numbers, however, he does get good tackle #'s for a DE. Kiwi appears to be winning the RDE job in NY, but the Jints will rotate in Osi, JPP, & Tollefson, along with Tuck. Kiwi also has trouble staying healthy, still he's a borderline DL1 or a stud DL2.

Even the Giant fan in me wouldn't allow me to rate Kiwi ahead of Calais. That guy is a stud and is the most likely DL to be on my IDP team.

Hardy has been passed by Everette Brown for regular duty, but he will probably be on the field as a pass rusher.

Chris Hope or Terrance Mcgee have any value this year? These guys were solid in years past(with return yards) looking for some deeper sleepers.

Both are not returning kicks. Hope still has value though because he racks up decent tackle numbers for a DB2

I would also like to hear more on Atwan Odom....was on a TEAR last year before his achilles blew out. I was able to watch one of the Bengals preseason games, but couldnt gauge Odom. The Bengals D-Line as a whole looks good again though.

He's still experiencing soreness, but should improve as the year goes on. He's a player I'll be taking a shot on in my IDP draft if I pass on legit DL1's. I personally think the Cincy D is a top 5 unit and that Odom and Michael Johnson will be a feared tandem this year.

Any of those Hybrid DE/LB you guys know of would be great to....I got lucky last year in a league that required a DL spot, Dumervil was listed as DE...even though he was OLB. Getting that kind of production from a DL spot is priceless.

Last year there were a flurry of teams that changed to the 3-4 but I don't think any are doing it this year. So this kind of loop hole is probably gone.

From what I've read/heard he was already the starter anyway, so I would think he will be safe. Although. he did get burned badly in the Colt game, but then again he made up for it later with an INT. As long as the burning doesn't become a habit, he'll be the starter for many years.

Should have made this a sticky earlier. Love me some IDP talk!!!! Thanks for the responses.

Nice post Mojo....

I like your take on OJ Atogwe, looking at his previous years stats his INT's have inflated his total points. Ive never payed him much attention really, but this year i decided to not spend anything on my IDP's and grabbed him off waivers after the draft. Seems every year though top defenders can be had off the wire within the first couple weeks.

I too like the high tackle guys, an then anything else is a bonus. So i had picked up Atogwe...but should i really be looking at Pat Chung instead?

And based on your other posts pertaining to DL, does this look about right?

Calais Campbell

Antwan Odom

Justin Smith

Kiwi