Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00funk

Rotoworld Basketball Forum H2H League

I, for one, would appreciate advance notice of draft order. Looks like we're getting organized!

Yes! That would be great!

I, for one, would appreciate advance notice of draft order. Looks like we're getting organized!

indeed, and a top 3 pick would be nice as well

Voting is now closed. Results are

16 team keeper league (# of keepers will be decided at a later time)

Live draft on Sunday, 10/24 @ 8:30pm

Be there!

I am now asking around and looking for a neutral 3rd party (in the rotoworld forum) to randomize our draft order. If you have any concerns/protests, speak now or forever hold your peace!

I am now asking around and looking for a neutral 3rd party (in the rotoworld forum) to randomize our draft order. If you have any concerns/protests, speak now or forever hold your peace!

auction please, serpentine drafts pale in comparison to auction

auction please, serpentine drafts pale in comparison to auction

I want to try a real auction draft, but it's a little too late for that in this league. Plus, you really need all 16 teams to show up in a live auction, and that's going to be next to impossible. If you have any good leagues that does auction drafts, let me know!

I also vote in favor of auction if that's an option. I understand if the logistics of getting everybody together for the draft prevent that, but if everyone can make it for a standard live draft an auction shouldn't be any more difficult.

I'm not down with the auction aspect. That's the kind of detail I like to know before I sign up for a league. I'm not experienced at all with auction thus not comfortable doing so in a competitive keeper league's first draft.

Really wasn't expecting the auction, so i need to read up on it before i could even think about doing it.

w00funk in the 2 dynasty leagues i'm in. the draft order was decided by the RW draft randomizer. I guess that's a tool that does the draft order for you. You can send the link to the participants after to audit the results as well

Really wasn't expecting the auction, so i need to read up on it before i could even think about doing it.

w00funk in the 2 dynasty leagues i'm in. the draft order was decided by the RW draft randomizer. I guess that's a tool that does the draft order for you. You can send the link to the participants after to audit the results as well

Yes, thanks for suggest the RW randomizer. I am going to do that right now, actually. I am going to enter everyone's email as listed in our Yahoo league webpage. So you should receive the results through those email accounts (if you don't have an email listed, you won't get one). I'll also post the results here.

As for auction draft, I understand the interest, but we will not do auction this year. Perhaps we could try it next year, but for this kick-off year, I think that standard snake draft is what everybody expected and it is also what everyone is familiar with.

Now cross your fingers - your fate in the draft will be set in the next 10 minutes!

Draft Order. Plan your teams accordingly. Feel free to trade your picks, but remember to deal in equal number of picks (you can't trade 2 picks for 1 pick). Post your trades here. I will have sole veto power, but I won't veto unless the trade is senseless or there is clear signs of collusion.

Pick 1: Rotoking

Pick 2: Lavester

Pick 3: w00funk

Pick 4: squidthunder

Pick 5: Kawz

Pick 6: rico381

Pick 7: giant ninja robot

Pick 8: phi slamma jamma

Pick 9: Jubanton

Pick 10: Clubber Lang

Pick 11: BlueDevils22

Pick 12: ginocan

Pick 13: PhantasyPhreak5821

Pick 14: Code of Hammurabi

Pick 15: Tremixt

Pick 16: blacknapalm

Interestingly enough I've been mocking mostly at 7-8 so far. Should be a guy or two that falls to me, we'll see! Thanks for running that so soon and giving us max time to prepare.

Lol is it tooo late for a random 3rd party.... I haven't started off a league draft in a high seed outside of 1 rookie draft in an existing league.

The draft order should ideally be set by somebody outside the league.

Draft Order. Plan your teams accordingly. Feel free to trade your picks, but remember to deal in equal number of picks (you can't trade 2 picks for 1 pick). Post your trades here. I will have sole veto power, but I won't veto unless the trade is senseless or there is clear signs of collusion.

Pick 1: Rotoking

Pick 2: Lavester

Pick 3: w00funk

Pick 4: squidthunder

Pick 5: Kawz

Pick 6: rico381

Pick 7: giant ninja robot

Pick 8: phi slamma jamma

Pick 9: Jubanton

Pick 10: Clubber Lang

Pick 11: BlueDevils22

Pick 12: ginocan

Pick 13: PhantasyPhreak5821

Pick 14: Code of Hammurabi

Pick 15: Tremixt

Pick 16: blacknapalm

I originally asked teamshameless to do the randomizer for us, but after checking out the rotoworld draft randomizer, i found that there can be no possibility of fraudulent action. i did a test run (which is possible for you to see if you click the link), and the site automatically sends out a confirmation email to everyone. I included email of everyone except the 2 that did not provide an email address in the league website, so I think everyone can see that it was purely random order.

if anyone can see a way to use the rotoworld draft randomizer and manipulate the draft order, feel free to point it out. if there is even a slight possibility/suspicion of its fallibility, we'll get a person outside of the league and redo it.

The draft order should ideally be set by somebody outside the league.

# of keepers has still yet to be decided, but I would like to do it soon. At the very least, we definitely want to establish it before the draft because it affects the way I value players, but doing it as soon as possible would give us the most time to make trades pre-draft. Considering that it's a 16-team league, how many keepers does everyone support having?

# of keepers has still yet to be decided, but I would like to do it soon. At the very least, we definitely want to establish it before the draft because it affects the way I value players, but doing it as soon as possible would give us the most time to make trades pre-draft. Considering that it's a 16-team league, how many keepers does everyone support having?

Thanks for bringing this up. The rules for keepers need to be established. Here are some possible ways we could do this:

1. Standard: Pick a number and stick with it each season.

2. Annual voting: Decide the number of keepers after each regular season (during playoffs), starting 2011. We would determine a number by vote. Each manager would vote from 1-12 (could be 3-10 to eliminate extremes), and we would take the average, rounded up or down, to determine the number of keepers.

3. Rotation: Rotate the number of keepers through a set pattern. Ex) year one: 3; year two: 5; year three: 7, then repeat 3, 5, 7.

4. Other: Please explain B)

What are your preferences? This is not a vote. I will make the final decision after hearing your opinions. Decision will be announced Sunday night/Monday morning.

I think if we had a standard it would be nice, but I'd want to vote on the number of keepers for the first season soon. I honestly would be fine either way.

edit - sorry, by either I meant to elaborate and exclude the annual voting method. It seems unnecessarily to me. But if everyone else wants that it's not the end of the world.

I would like to agree in opposition of the annual voting method. I want to be able to make decisions before the end of the season knowing how many keepers there will be, and allowing everyone to vote for whatever number it turns out at the end of the season will help them most is a very inconsistent and unfair way of running the league. I think a standard number of keepers each season is the best idea, something like 5 per team if I had to put a number out there myself, but I'm flexible with it. Rotating sounds creative and wouldn't be terrible, but generally the best idea is the simplest, and it just seems to make more sense to be able to keep the same amount of players every year rather than keeping five but knowing you could only keep three next year, and then seven the year after that.

The one other system I would like to throw out there, if others are interested, is one where keeper price is determined by the round players were drafted. For example, if you drafted Stephen Curry or Evans in the eighth round last year, you could keep them the next year, at the cost of your eighth-round pick in the redraft. This seriously changes player values, and ideally we would be having this discussion before knowing draft order, so I would only really want this if people really favored the idea, but I figured I would throw it out there as an option.

id like a standard number that doesnt deviate from season to season. consistency is key to building a team i think. it can get convoluted changing the number from year to year.

id like a standard number that doesnt deviate from season to season. consistency is key to building a team i think. it can get convoluted changing the number from year to year.

Agree with everything here. This got my vote.