Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions 2010

Who are the Top 3 IDP options in KR/PR yardage leagues? Manning? Hobbs? Arenas?

Manning's good, but the Bears can never seem to make up their mind as to who they want back there. If you can be reasonably sure he's returning in a given week, he's at minimum worth a look and I'd roll with him as a spot play considering the context.

As an Eagles fan, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it is that Hobbs does well. The Eagles defense could either be pretty good, or pretty mediocre this year. The Eagles offense is in flux, and if they can't perform, the D will be on the field a lot, and the chance for opponent scoring greater. He's worth a look based on upside, but I can't go too much farther than that.

EDIT: There's now this to keep in mind, as well:

Coach Andy Reid suggested Friday that rookie CB Jorrick Calvin could work his way into the mix on kick returns.

While CB Ellis Hobbs is expected to serve as the teams kick returner and WR DeSean Jackson is expected to return punts, Calvin could see time at both positions. The rookie isn't a sure bet to be active early in the season, though, so Hobbs and Jackson remain the primary return men.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Arenas is someone to watch. I'd like to see him get starter's snaps AND return opportunities in order to recommend him, but I guess I'll have to be patient. I generally prefer know quantities when I employ a returner, but as I said, he's one to keep tabs on, especially if he's handling both KO's and punts.

To be honest, I'm not really in love with any of the potential IDP returners, outside of Manning and Tramon Williams, who starts at CB, and appears to be at least getting a shot on punt returns. That changes if/when Leodis McKelvin gets (and stays) healthy and gets his job back.

Hey TImmah, Mind taking a look over my IDPs in my dynasty league? (roster is in my signature, the 2nd team) Thanks!/

Not bad at all...a healthy Phillips and potential realized with Maualuga will make it better. I don't know how much your guys are going to take advantage of those 3 points per PD, but overall, I like it.

Would you go with B.Graham over Brown in the DL spot? (other options that are available are: Ratliff, alex brown)

Would you go with B.Graham over Brown in the DL spot? (other options that are available are: Ratliff, alex brown)

Jay Ratliff is good. The numbers took a bit of a step back last year, but he's still one of the better DT's out there. That being said, the Eagles love Graham, and barring catastrophe, he's locked in as the starter. With Cole on the other side, teams won't be able to double him, and that can only help.

Its my understanding that Brown is only getting snaps on obvious passing downs, so while he'll get his sacks here and there, he won't have the tackle numbers to support them.

Given the choice, I'd rather have Graham.

DB starter help:

Morgan Burnett SS GB @PHI

or

Kenny Phillips SS NYG v CAR

I have Phillips in my lineup currently, i like the Carolina matchup and he is healthy again.

I REALLY like Burnett's chances in that GB secondary this year, teams will have to throw on them.This week though i think i bench him...because he is a Rookie, and unproven in the NFL.

Thoughts?

Scoring: 1pt tckle/ 3pt sack/ 4pt INT/ 1pt PD

DB starter help:

Morgan Burnett SS GB @PHI

or

Kenny Phillips SS NYG v CAR

I have Phillips in my lineup currently, i like the Carolina matchup and he is healthy again.

I REALLY like Burnett's chances in that GB secondary this year, teams will have to throw on them.This week though i think i bench him...because he is a Rookie, and unproven in the NFL.

Thoughts?

Scoring: 1pt tckle/ 3pt sack/ 4pt INT/ 1pt PD

Stick with Phillips, I'd say.

START 4

tackle heavy

Patrick willis vs. seattle

Rolando McClain Vs. Ten

Lofa Tatupu Vs. SF

Jonathan Goff vs. CAR

Stewart Bradley vs. GB

Daryl Washington Vs. STL

I recently picked up washington and goff, should I plug them in immediately over anyone?

START 4

tackle heavy

Patrick willis vs. seattle

Rolando McClain Vs. Ten

Lofa Tatupu Vs. SF

Jonathan Goff vs. CAR

Stewart Bradley vs. GB

Daryl Washington Vs. STL

I recently picked up washington and goff, should I plug them in immediately over anyone?

Willis is a must-start, so that's easy. I'd also go with McClain and Lofa as I expect their opponents to run a lot.

For the 4th spot, I'm inclined to go with Bradley, but Goff is tempting, if only because of the fact that the Panthers will run, too.

Screw it, go with Stew.....more of a known quantity, and ready to make up for a missed season. If the Packs goes up early, which is possible, they could get a heavy does of Ryan Grant.

Just wanted to see what everyone thought of my 14 team IDP league players and some on the WW.

SCORING

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 3

Fumble Force 3

Fumble Recovery 3

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 3

STARTING DEFENSE

London Fletcher

Lance Briggs

Kirk Morrison

Gary Brackett

Adrian Wilson

Julian Peterson

BENCH

Lawernece Timmons

Eric Berry

Abram Elam

Wavier Wire

Daryl Washington

Pat Chung

Dan Connor

Eric Smith

Darnell Dockett

Quintin Mikell

Sean Weatherspoon

Morgan Burnett

Quincy Black

Cameron Wake

Thomas Howard

Thomas DeCoud

Pat Angerer

Connor Barwin

Bryan Scott

Just wanted to see what everyone thought of my 14 team IDP league players and some on the WW.

SCORING

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 3

Fumble Force 3

Fumble Recovery 3

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 3

STARTING DEFENSE

London Fletcher

Lance Briggs

Kirk Morrison

Gary Brackett

Adrian Wilson

Julian Peterson

BENCH

Lawernece Timmons

Eric Berry

Abram Elam

Wavier Wire

Daryl Washington

Pat Chung

Dan Connor

Eric Smith

Darnell Dockett

Quintin Mikell

Sean Weatherspoon

Morgan Burnett

Quincy Black

Cameron Wake

Thomas Howard

Thomas DeCoud

Pat Angerer

Connor Barwin

Bryan Scott

Drop Elam for D.Wash immediately. D.Wash is an amazingly fast young ILB with a starting job. Elam will never score as much as a LB.

LBs inherently score more than DBs, so while Berry is a big name and has a huge future, it appears u don't have to start a DB specifically, so I'd drop him for Connor, who plays MLB for Carolina and should be a lock for 90+tackles.

Then I would put Wilson & Peterson on the bench and put Timmons and D.Wash in.

Want to pick up P. Chung & D. Connor from the waiver wire. It is a 14 team, tackle point heavy league.

Would you drop Gray Brackett for one of these?

I think the big question is can Chung continue on this pace. I know one game is a small sample size but, is this what we can expect.?

With Stafford out im considering dropping Cliff Avril, as i the offense should struggle in Detroit....meaning less pass-rush opportunities for Avril.

BOTH Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka had nice games yesterday, i can only pick one of them up though. How would you take?

Drop Avril

Add who? Osi or Kiwi

Want to pick up P. Chung & D. Connor from the waiver wire. It is a 14 team, tackle point heavy league.

Would you drop Gray Brackett for one of these?

Yes, I would drop Brackett for Connor.....probably Chung, but for obvious reasons, keep your expectations in check. Most SS's average a little over a quarter of the number of Solos he had yesterday. Connor's much more likely to consistently meet the bar he set for himself.

As for Chung in general, he should be fairly solid going forward, and I would expect him to meet the projections that had him in the running for top-10 DB this year.

stevemann - I prefer Kiwi myself, overall. He doesn't have Osi's sack upside, but he's a more consistent tackler and should stay that way. I don't have a snap count from yesterday, and technically, Kiwi is considered Osi's backup. There may be weeks where they cancel each other out, thanks to the DL depth the Gints have, so there's a caveat there.

Timmah!

Well, Posluszny injured himself and looks like he may be out 2 weeks.

Should i drop him? Team A in sig.

Other IDP's available:

Vilma

Clay Mathews

Chris Hope

Lance Briggs

*shakes magic 8-ball*

Thinking about jumping on the Chung train, but in order to do that I'd have to drop Pollard or T.Branch. Is it worth the chance?

whips - I'd have no problem with you taking Vilma over Poz. He's an easy top-10 IDP, not just LB's.

rhynoc - I prefer Pollard, to be honest. Chung had a breakout game, but I'd like to see him do it some more before I cast aside the guy I consider the #1 DB.

anyone know what the deal with Goff is?

only had 1 tackle and is a MLB for NYG, didnt get a chance to watch the game, did he start all of it?

also keith bullock was dropped in my league from the NYG, should I pick him up as this was a giant fluke or what?

Alright - I did a horrible job drafting my IDPs (first timer) and through some waiver wire pickups I have the following group:

DB - Patrick Chung

DB - Antoine Bethea

DL - Justin Smith (san fran)

DL - Calais Campbell (arizona)

LB - DeMeco Ryans

LB - Jonathan Vilma

This league is very tackle heavy. It looks to me like safeties are the best bets for high tackle numbers. Bethea has gotten around 100 tackles the last two seasons (~70 solo, 30 assisted) and with Sanders likely out for the year AGAIN he will be the man in the secondary. Chung had a huge week 1 and I have heard nothing but hype surrounding him and his huge projected tackle totals. Smith and Campbell were highly rated on all of the sites I looked at. Ryans is a tackle machine, one of the better LBs in that regard, and Vilma is great.

Here are the guys i'm looking at in FA: are any of these guys upgrades for me?

LB - Dan Connor (taking over Beason's tackle numbers?), Derrick Johnson (KC - looked sick on Monday night), Timmons, Urlacher, Bart Scott.

DL - Vanden Bosch, Corey Williams, Glenn Dorsey

DB - Bryant McFadden, DeAngelo Hall, Jordan Babinoux, Louis Delmas, Nate Allen, Donte Whitner

made the mistake of drafting bob sanders and of course he is out again...who should i replace him with?

my top options are Kenny Phillips, Antonio Cromartie, Melvin Bullitt, and Dashon Goldson. thanks in advance

made the mistake of drafting bob sanders and of course he is out again...who should i replace him with?

my top options are Kenny Phillips, Antonio Cromartie, Melvin Bullitt, and Dashon Goldson. thanks in advance

Dashon, he's like a SS at FS.. gets tackles and picks.

Anyone know who replaces Bradley in the middle if he cant go? Akeem Jordan, Ernie Sims, other?

Dashon, he's like a SS at FS.. gets tackles and picks.

Anyone know who replaces Bradley in the middle if he cant go? Akeem Jordan, Ernie Sims, other?

Omar Gaither.

mjb - I'd stand pat. I don't see any of those guys being upgrades at this point.

only had 1 tackle and is a MLB for NYG, didnt get a chance to watch the game, did he start all of it?

also keith bullock was dropped in my league from the NYG, should I pick him up as this was a giant fluke or what?

I'm sorry, I didn't intentionally overlook your post.

I had read comments here and there that Goff might not be a great earner coming into the season, and if memory serves, Antonio Pierce, as good as he was, was never a big-time earner with them himself.

Bulluck, I'm not high on, but he can only improve on the last game, so he's probably worth a flyer.

In a league with these settings:

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 2

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 2

How would you rate these players for the year: (league calls them "D" players, not specific positions)

Jon Beason

Clay Matthews

Dan Connor

Greg Toler

Patrick Chung

I have Beason.....but I am uncertain and I have a shot at getting the others. Just wondering how you would rate them

Thanks for the advice