Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions 2010

Any of these guys stick out as should not be on the WW and I should grab as potential starters? I cannot drop a player if I add him to roster nor can I drop a current player I have. 2pt tackle. 4 pts sack & int. 1 pt blocked pass, 2pts FF. I do get return yards.

I start 2 DB's 2 LB's 2 DL's each week. Current team is....Vilma, Tulloch, Ryans....Jarrard Powers, Hope....Cole, Justin Smith.

Top FA's on blind bid WW

LB---Connor, D Johnson, Mcintosh, Bryan Johnson, James Anderson, Zach Diles, Guyton, Keith Rivers, Suggs

DL--Pouha, Corey Wiliams, Red Bryant, Greg Hardy, Seymour, Glenn Dorsey, Sedric Ellis, J Parker, Fred Robbins. R Smith

DB--Toler, Bryant Mcfadden, Griffin, Godfrey, Trufant, Mike Adams, Drayton F, TJ Ward, Ronde B, Winfield, Cromartie

I think I am ok at LB and DL so but I really need DB help. I can only pick up 2 players total each week..thats offense and D.

In a league with these settings:

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 2

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 2

How would you rate these players for the year: (league calls them "D" players, not specific positions)

Jon Beason

Clay Matthews

Dan Connor

Greg Toler

Patrick Chung

I have Beason.....but I am uncertain and I have a shot at getting the others. Just wondering how you would rate them

Thanks for the advice

I watched a lot of the Giant game, and the Giants kept running right at Connor, I think that inflated his totals. That whole Connor/Beason situation is tough to figure out in that Beason was so good last year, but now he's playing a weaker position, while Connor, a lesser athlete is playing the best IDP position to play. I still rank Beason over Connor, but that gap is minuscule right now. And it's not like Beason had a bad game with 10 tackles himself.

I'd rank them like this:

Beason

Connor

Chung

Matthews

Toler (Fluke, don't fall for it)

Any of these guys stick out as should not be on the WW and I should grab as potential starters? I cannot drop a player if I add him to roster nor can I drop a current player I have. 2pt tackle. 4 pts sack & int. 1 pt blocked pass, 2pts FF. I do get return yards.

I start 2 DB's 2 LB's 2 DL's each week. Current team is....Vilma, Tulloch, Ryans....Jarrard Powers, Hope....Cole, Justin Smith.

Top FA's on blind bid WW

LB---Connor, D Johnson, Mcintosh, Bryan Johnson, James Anderson, Zach Diles, Guyton, Keith Rivers, Suggs

DL--Pouha, Corey Wiliams, Red Bryant, Greg Hardy, Seymour, Glenn Dorsey, Sedric Ellis, J Parker, Fred Robbins. R Smith

DB--Toler, Bryant Mcfadden, Griffin, Godfrey, Trufant, Mike Adams, Drayton F, TJ Ward, Ronde B, Winfield, Cromartie

I think I am ok at LB and DL so but I really need DB help. I can only pick up 2 players total each week..thats offense and D.

I like Griffin and Ward. Prolly in that order, but for you I would take Ward to be safe for bye-weeks.

This league is very tackle heavy. It looks to me like safeties are the best bets for high tackle numbers.

Timmah already answered the question the way I would have, but since you are a self pro-claimed IDP newbie, I just wanted to point out to you that MLBs are the best bets for tackles, week in week out, not safeties.

In general the pecking order for tackles in a 4-3 is MLB, SS, WLB, FS, & then everyone else.

In a 3-4 it is ILB, ILB, SS, FS, & then everyone else. (the ILB who plays next to the pass rushing OLB is generally the better ILB)

Really enjoying this thread and appreciate you guys with more knowledge taking the time to answer questions for us newer guys. This is my second year of doing IDP's and still find myself being in the process of learning names on the defensive side of the ball.Just a few things I'm wondering is with the IDP's I have in Sig which 4 are the better options for week 2,is Zac Diles worth a add and for who,or was last week just a fluke? Also,in regards to Mr.Mojo's comment above, is there somewhere to find out what type of defence each team uses,is there a listing of such a thig? Thanks and keep up the great work.

Need 3 starters this week...

Scoring: 1pT .5pA 4pSck 3pFF 4pFR 1pPD 4pINT

I have DeMarcus Ware nearly locked in against the Bears at home....if you disagree let me know. Here are my defenders:

DeMarcus Ware v CHI

James Harrison @TEN

Kirk Morrison @SD

Derrick Johnson @CLE

Scoring: Tkl: 1pt Assist: .5pt Sack: 3pt FF: 2pt FR: 2pt PD: 1pt INT: 2pt

Need one in each for this week:

DB:

Louis Delmas

T. J. Ward

Who has the upside for rest of the year? I know it is a tough call but I am thinking

of dropping Delmas (injury risk..)

DL:

DeAndre Levy (if he plays)

E.J. Henderson

Thanks for your help guys..

Dukester - Diles is a good tackler, but offers little else. It would help to know your league's scoring before making a recommendation.

steve - Tough call, because they're all good players, but I'd leave Morrison on the bench. Your league basically gives 5 pts per sack, and that's never been one of his strong points.

roto - For me, EJ is an easy call. Not only do you know he's going to play, but he's a solid earner. It gets a little tougher with the DB, but if I had to choose, I'd take Ward's tackle upside in your scoring format. It looks like Delmas will be held out of most practices so the groin will have more rest for gamedays, but that's not something I wuld be inclined to mess with, unless I'm in some kind of keeper/dynasty format where you'll still have him when the groin woes are well behind him.

Dukester - Diles is a good tackler, but offers little else. It would help to know your league's scoring before making a recommendation.

Sorry about that Timmah,I re-edited my Sig to include the IDP scoring from our league. Thanks for the Diles assessment.

I like Griffin and Ward. Prolly in that order, but for you I would take Ward to be safe for bye-weeks.

)

Thanks for the help. I get 2 blind bid pick ups a week. I went with Ward(got him for a buck) and my 2nd blind bid was for Brandon Jackson and I put in Connor for $1 after him. Ended up adding Connor and Ward for a buck each. Everyone else went offense this week.

Now I have Vilma, Ryans, Connor, Tulloch. I think I am set for LB's the rest of the way(barring injuries)--Just have to figure out which 2 to start each week.

Hope, Powers, TJ Ward are not great looking DB's but many teams have worse.

Really enjoying this thread and appreciate you guys with more knowledge taking the time to answer questions for us newer guys. This is my second year of doing IDP's and still find myself being in the process of learning names on the defensive side of the ball.Just a few things I'm wondering is with the IDP's I have in Sig which 4 are the better options for week 2,is Zac Diles worth a add and for who,or was last week just a fluke? Also,in regards to Mr.Mojo's comment above, is there somewhere to find out what type of defence each team uses,is there a listing of such a thig? Thanks and keep up the great work.

Ruud is an every week starter, as he is your only MLB.

Chung looks like an every weeker as well, but it's still early. I'd start him against run heavy teams though like the Jets this week.

If that is Tyvon Branch, then he's prolly an every week play as well. If it's Alan Branch, you should drop him immediately.

Hawthorne got hurt and is not really usable even when healthy IMO. He fooled a lot of people in this years drafts who didn't realize he was moving back outside with the return of Tatupu to MLB.

Joseph (Jonathan, I'm guessing) is a great NFL CB, but he is a CB, and unless you wanna try to guess which weeks he will get an INT, he won't be consistently useful.

Thomas (Terrell, I'm guessing) is one of the few CBs I would consider, b/c teams tend to avoid Corey Webster on the other sde and throw at TT. But I would look long and hard b4 I actually used him, b/c CBs are just too inconsistent.

The 4 I would pick are Ruud, Chung, T.Branch, & TThomas.

Zac Diles' week was very fluky and he is only starting till Cushing comes back from suspension. I would not add him. See if a MLB like Dhani Jones or Jonathan Goff are available. I'd drop Joseph for either.

There is no site that lists 3-4/4-3 teams that I know of, just going off the top of my head, these are the 4-3 teams: Cincy, Indy, Hou, Jax, Ten, NYG, Philly, Det, Chi, Minny, NO, TB, Atl, Car, StL, Sea.

I have DeMarcus Ware nearly locked in against the Bears at home....if you disagree let me know. Here are my defenders:

DeMarcus Ware v CHI

James Harrison @TEN

Kirk Morrison @SD

Derrick Johnson @CLE

I'd have to disagree with Timmah on this one, I'd bench Harrison. Tennessee has 2 great OTs and a mobile QB. So even though your scoring favors big plays, it will be quite difficult to sack VY in my opinion.

ok so chris Gocong is listed as a DE in my league

BUT

since Dqwell jackson is hurt it says he is now going to be the starting inside linebacker.

I can start two.

I also have chris kelsay(OLB) =listed as DE

Trent cole DE

and the beerman (DE)

I'm thinking i'm going to start Gocong and Trent cole as my DE's

am I flawed in thinking this?

tackle heavy league.

I have Davis Harris and in a game I thought would he would light it up he was a non factor. Any thoughts? Dan Connor is available. Harris still and elite LB or should I role the dice with Dan Connor?

Would you guys drop either of these guys for Devin McCourty:

Dashon Goldson SF

Eric Berry KC

I figure McCourty will be picked on often since he is a rookie going up against teams number 1 WR. I think I am just overthinking but I wanna see what you guys think.

2 points per 3 tackles, 2 points per Pass deflection 4 points per INT

My Fantasy League that I've been a part of for the last 5 years have decided to change things around this year and added IDP to our draft. Below is our scoring for defensive players. Also, I understand that in most leagues, you have the option to choose a DL, LB, & DB for your roster, but in our league we only have one roster spot for ANY defensive player. JUST ONE! so doesn't seem to put too much value at that position, but would like a consistent player that will provide decent pts.

1. I'm assuming LBs are the best value in this situation, correct?

2. Which player should I add?

3. Should I play weekly matchups or should I stick with one?

Barrett Ruud

Demeco Ryan

DJ Williams

Jonathan Vilma

Curtis Lofton

Clay Matthews

James Laurinaitis

Rolando McClain

I know all these players are good pick ups, but which one would be my best bet for consistent pts on a weekly basis?

Thanks for your help

Defensive Players

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 2

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 2

Stephen Cooper (vs JAC)

or

Dashon Goldson (vs NO)

Who do I start?

The scoring is the following:

6 pts per defensive or special teams TD

2 pts per interception

2 pts per fumble recovery

1 pts per fumble forced

2 pts per blocked punt, PAT, or FG

2 pts per safety

2 pts per sack

1 pt per tackle (both solo and assisted)

1 pt per PD

Thanks!

We start the following IDP positions in a 10 team H2H league:

1 LB, 1 S, 1 CB, 1 DE, 1 DT, and one flex Defensive Player (from any position). We are allowed only two roster spots for each position. The scoring is as follows:

Total tackles 1

Sack 2

Any Return TD 6

Interception 2

Forced Fumble 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Pass Defensed 1

Safety 2

Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2

I have the following players:

LB J Vilma, P Willis

S B Pollard, P Chung

CB L Hall, D Robinson

DE A Kampman, Will Smith

DT Kyle Williams, H Nagta

I was planning on starting Willis and Pollard at LB and S, respectively. Would you start Vilma or Chung at the flex position?

Also, would you consider dropping Vilma for Cushing sometime around week 4?

isbad - I wasn't impressed with the Pack line last week, they made Juqua Parker look like a monster, at least in the first half. I'd lean toward Kelsay and Cole.

paderrii - I'd give Harris more time. He's a very good earner and should bounce back.

BoSox - If I were to make a move, it would be to drop Berry. I tend to prefer known quantities, and while Berry is a great talent, he still has to show he can put up numbers. Obviously, McCourty does as well, but as you point out, there's an opportunity for "picked on points" (as the illustrious TitaniumMan has called them)

imdhmi - Those are all fantastic options, but if you're looking for who might be the most consistent option of the bunch, I'd lean toward Barrett Ruud or DJ Williams. The general rule of thumb is to not only go LB in your IDP spot, but Middle Linebacker, whenever possible. Ruud and DJ are both established, strong earners who should give you what you're looking for.

Godsend - There last games against their respective opponents doesn't glean much, so I'm going to go for feel and say that I think Goldson will be busier on Sunday than Cooper.

BBQ - I would start Vilma, and would not drop him for Cushing. If you do anything with Vilma, try and trade him.

Scoring: 1ptT .5A 4ptSck 3ptINT 1pPD 3ptFF 4ptFR

Ruud @CAR

-or-

Timmons @TENN

Including the above.....

I would like to add:

Gregg Hardy DL(CAR) v TB

-or-

Glenn Dorsey DL(KC) @CLE

same scoring applies...league is pretty sack heavy, thats why im including Hardy, as i believe he rotates in on passing downs.

Quick guys, who t start in tackle heavy league

L. Timmons vs Ten

J. Peterson vs. Phi

K. Morrison vs. SD

Thanks!

Scoring: 1ptT .5A 4ptSck 3ptINT 1pPD 3ptFF 4ptFR

Ruud @CAR

-or-

Timmons @TENN

- - - - - - - - - - -

Gregg Hardy DL(CAR) v TB

-or-

Glenn Dorsey DL(KC) @CLE

same scoring applies...league is pretty sack heavy, thats why im including Hardy, as i believe he rotates in on passing downs.

Ruud is a top 5 defender who is consistent. And while I love Timmons, he has been anything but consistent. Don't over think it. Stick with Ruud

Dorsey looked like he is finally getting it on last week. Hardy will only play as many snaps as Dorsey will get in the 1st half. Stick with Dorsey. (Although I would look for replacement on the wire. 3-4 DE's are generally not great (Outside of Arizona.))

Quick guys, who t start in tackle heavy league

L. Timmons vs Ten

J. Peterson vs. Phi

K. Morrison vs. SD

Thanks!

Morrison is the only true "Tackling Machine" of those three, although he had a slow start in week 1.

Timmons IMO is the best option though. (Although I have been fooled by his lack of consistency before.)

Peterson is a SLB in a 4-3. He's almost useless in tackle heavy leagues.

DeMarcus Ware v CHI

James Harrison @TEN

Kirk Morrison @SD

Derrick Johnson @CLE

....Went with Harrison over Morrison....HUGE

B)

just a heads up for you guys...kirk morrison is only playing 40% of the defenses packages. he isn't going to put up expected numbers, and also timmons is tauted as having better numbers than harrison this year. if you see timmons on the wires pick him up, asap.

also, DO NOT drop eric berry for mccourty. thats just insanity.

just a heads up for you guys...kirk morrison is only playing 40% of the defenses packages. he isn't going to put up expected numbers, and also timmons is tauted as having better numbers than harrison this year. if you see timmons on the wires pick him up, asap.

also, DO NOT drop eric berry for mccourty. thats just insanity.

Didn't know that Kirk is only playing 40% of defenses packages. This makes sense to his mid to low numbers. Thanks for the heads up!

1ptTK .5ptA 3ptS 3ptFF 4ptFR 4ptINT 1ptPD

We only start 1 at each of DL/LB/DB

LB's:

Barrett Ruud v PIT

-or-

Lawrence Timmons @ TB

DB's:

Patrick Chung v BUF

-or-

TJ Ward @ BAL

DL's:

Juqua Parker @ JAC