Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions 2010

Timmah!

Team A in sig.

Charles Woodson was dropped in my league and i am wondering if i should go after him?

5 points for INTs and 3 points for passes defended.

Who should i drop to go get Woodson?

Who do I start this week? I lost by one point last week and had Vilma on the bench. I went with Connor and Ryans..SO I am asking for help this week.

Pick 2

Vilma

COnnor

Ryans

Tulloch.

2pts tackle 1 asst

4 pts sack

2 pts FF or FR

1 pt passblock

Pick 2 DB's I do get return yards otherwise same scoring

TJ Ward

HOpe

Jarrard Powers(is returning punts for the Colts) of course I had him on the bench last week too.

Hey guys, this is my first year playing with IDP's. I'm wondering about my DB's. Right now, I have Pat Chung and Antoine Winfield. We have roster requirements so I have to carry 2 DB's.

I'm looking at T.J. Ward, he is worth picking up? I'd have to drop either Chung or Winfield if I do. We get 1pt for tackles, .50 for asst. tack, 1 pt for sacks, ff, fum rec, and 2 pts for ints. Any advice would be much appreciated!! thank you!

....Went with Harrison over Morrison....HUGE

B)

I'd have to disagree with Timmah on this one, I'd bench Harrison. Tennessee has 2 great OTs and a mobile QB. So even though your scoring favors big plays, it will be quite difficult to sack VY in my opinion.

I am so glad you didn't listen to me on this one! LOL

1ptTK .5ptA 3ptS 3ptFF 4ptFR 4ptINT 1ptPD

We only start 1 at each of DL/LB/DB

LB's:

Barrett Ruud v PIT

-or-

Lawrence Timmons @ TB

DB's:

Patrick Chung v BUF

-or-

TJ Ward @ BAL

DL's:

Juqua Parker @ JAC

-or-

Antwan Odom @ CAR

-or-

Gregg Hardy v CIN

Thanks...im leaning towards Timmons/Ward/Odom

What do you think?

I agree with Timmons & Ward, but disagree on Odom. I know Brandon Graham got hurt last week, if he's nicked up or out that could mean more snaps for Parker who is off to a hot start, while Odom is sackless and questionable. I'd go for Parker who could be in pure pass rush mode for most of the second half against Jacksonville.

Who do I start this week? I lost by one point last week and had Vilma on the bench. I went with Connor and Ryans..SO I am asking for help this week.

Pick 2

Vilma

COnnor

Ryans

Tulloch.

2pts tackle 1 asst

4 pts sack

2 pts FF or FR

1 pt passblock

Pick 2 DB's I do get return yards otherwise same scoring

TJ Ward

HOpe

Jarrard Powers(is returning punts for the Colts) of course I had him on the bench last week too.

I like Vilma and Connor, they both play run heavy offenses.

And Ward & Powers, if return yards are a big enough factor.

Hey guys, this is my first year playing with IDP's. I'm wondering about my DB's. Right now, I have Pat Chung and Antoine Winfield. We have roster requirements so I have to carry 2 DB's.

I'm looking at T.J. Ward, he is worth picking up? I'd have to drop either Chung or Winfield if I do. We get 1pt for tackles, .50 for asst. tack, 1 pt for sacks, ff, fum rec, and 2 pts for ints. Any advice would be much appreciated!! thank you!

I would drop Winfield for Ward immediately. Winfield will prolly have the most INTs, but it is way too hard to predict when they will occur IMO. I'd rather have the steady tacklers like Ward and Chung than the high peaks and low valleys that are inherent with trying to predict INTs.

so what does the board think about my idea to dump LB Kirk Morrison and pick up LB Lawrence Timmons?

am I giving up to early on a proven Morrison after 2 weeks?

edit* just read isbad's post. gonna go w/ timmons

crap! tanard jackson got suspended indefinitely. he was one of my DBs in a league where we start 4. who should i pick up?

ellis hobbs (we get return yds)

bryant mcfadden

jabari greer

leon hall (on waiver til tomorrow...would have to bid on him)

thomas decoud

nick collins

ronde barber

jairus byrd

steve gregory

cc brown

lawyer milloy

melvin bullitt

sean jones

kerry rhodes

abram elam

aqib talib

any other names that you can suggest

also should i start rocky mcintosh over any of these guys? lofton, mcclain, barnett, geno hayes

here are a list of some of my IDPS Should I drop any of them for one of the guys on the WW?

Julian Peterson

Gary Brackett

Kirk Morrison

Eric Berry

WW:

Kevin Burnett

Kamerion Wimbley

Cameron Wake

Chris Hope

Omar Gaither

Rhode Barber

Quinten Mikel

crap! tanard jackson got suspended indefinitely. he was one of my DBs in a league where we start 4. who should i pick up?

ellis hobbs (we get return yds)

bryant mcfadden

jabari greer

leon hall (on waiver til tomorrow...would have to bid on him)

thomas decoud

nick collins

ronde barber

jairus byrd

steve gregory

cc brown

lawyer milloy

melvin bullitt

sean jones

kerry rhodes

abram elam

aqib talib

any other names that you can suggest

also should i start rocky mcintosh over any of these guys? lofton, mcclain, barnett, geno hayes

I like Steve Gregory out of that list. He's a good bet for tackles. Maybe look for Perrish Cox. He'll start for and injured Champ Bailey and he returns kicks.

I'd start McIntosh over Barnett, team just haven't run enough on GB for Barnett to rack up tackles, and S-Jax & St. Louis should run way more than the pass happy Bears.

here are a list of some of my IDPS Should I drop any of them for one of the guys on the WW?

Julian Peterson

Gary Brackett

Kirk Morrison

Eric Berry

WW:

Kevin Burnett

Kamerion Wimbley

Cameron Wake

Chris Hope

Omar Gaither

Rhode Barber

Quinten Mikel

Cameron Wake is developing into quite the force off the edge in Miami, I like him better than Petersen or Morrison. Gaither is better as well if Stewart Bradley is out for more time.

Which DL would you start?

Ngata vs. Cle

Juqua Parker @ Jac

Stylz vs. Pit

Richard Seymour @ AZ

Which LB's would you start? Pick 2:

Ray Lewis vs Cle

Karlos Dansby vs NYJ

Lawrence Timmons @ TB

All great options...

Id run with Timmons without question - Flip a coin for the other two.

Its really close IMO,

All great options...

Id run with Timmons without question - Flip a coin for the other two.

Its really close IMO,

I might just go Dansby just to have someone to watch on SNF....guess that's a good enough way to choose.

Would anyone drop Goldson for TJ Ward (S - CLE)? Seems to be around the ball a lot and the defense is on the field quite a bit...could rack up some nice tackle numbers...

Which DL would you start?

Ngata vs. Cle

Juqua Parker @ Jac

Stylz vs. Pit

Richard Seymour @ AZ

You can eliminate Stylez & Seymour immediately. Parker is a good option as is Ngata this week. I guess I'd give a slight edge to JP, as they are likely to put Jax in a throwing situation early, while Cleveland will as well, but Ngata is a run stuffer who lucks into sacks. (Full disclosure, FWIW I feel Jax could pull an upset so they may not have to throw a lot and Jax does have two good OTs)

Which LB's would you start? Pick 2:

Ray Lewis vs Cle

Karlos Dansby vs NYJ

Lawrence Timmons @ TB

Timmons is a must start right now. And generally the other 2 are as well, but I see Cleveland abandoning the run early today, meaning Ray-Ray won't be as great as he usually is, while Dansby will face a heavy run team. Bench Ray.

Would anyone drop Goldson for TJ Ward (S - CLE)? Seems to be around the ball a lot and the defense is on the field quite a bit...could rack up some nice tackle numbers...

In my tackle heavy league Ward is a top 10 DB right now, while Goldson is just a DB3 through 2 weeks. It's a tough drop, b/c someone will snatch up Goldson due to his name, but Ward appears to be better this year. (That hurts to say as a Niner fan)

I have to find a sub for D'Qwell, I'm in a 16-teams dynasty league so there isn't much available. From a first look my two top choices could be James Anderson of the Panthers or Derrick Johnson from the Chiefs.

What do you think? Is Anderson for real?

Paul Posluszny returns this week from injury.

Is he a better play going forward than any of my current IDP's (Vilma, Lauranaitus, C. Woodson)

My league favors DB's with 5 points for INT and 3 points for Passes Defended, But i drafted Posluszny and had to drop him after the injury.

whips - I'd stand pat. Poz is a solid ST earner when healthy, but you never know how long that's going to last.

presto - Lenon did a decent job as a starter last year, but it's kind of impossible not to notice what Chung has done so far. MLB's have done alright against the Chargers, but not so much that I'd sit Chung. Go with the Pat.

Need a bye-week fill in this week fellas....

Scoring: 1pT .5pA 4pS 4pINT 3pFF 4pFR 1pPD

We can start 3 at any position, so of course the MLB's are scarce on the FA list. So im thinking a DB wit a good matchup might be the way to go. There are a couple LB's out there though, here are the top IDP's available IMO:

LB's

David Harris @BUF

London Fletcher @PHI

David Hawthorne @STL

Kirk Morrison v IND

James Anderson @NO

DB's

Either Rhodes/AdrainWilson @SD

Earl Thomas @STL

Pat Chung @MIA

TJ Ward v CIN

What do you guys think? i only need one spot to fill....my other two guys are James Harrison v BAL/Terrell Suggs @ PIT. So who is the best player to add this week from the group above?

Thanks

We can start 3 at any position, so of course the MLB's are scarce on the FA list. So im thinking a DB wit a good matchup might be the way to go. There are a couple LB's out there though, here are the top IDP's available IMO:

LB's

David Harris @BUF

London Fletcher @PHI

David Hawthorne @STL

Kirk Morrison v IND

James Anderson @NO

DB's

Earl Thomas @STL

Pat Chung @MIA

TJ Ward v CIN

What do you guys think? i only need one spot to fill....my other two guys are James Harrison v BAL/Terrell Suggs @ PIT. So who is the best player to add this week from the group above?

Thanks

Should i even be considering Suggs? I like the matchup....but if there are guys on that above list you would rather stat let me know. James Harrison is locked in....help me pick the other two if you dont like Suggs.

I have to find a sub for D'Qwell, I'm in a 16-teams dynasty league so there isn't much available. From a first look my two top choices could be James Anderson of the Panthers or Derrick Johnson from the Chiefs.

What do you think? Is Anderson for real?

Anderson is the SAM for Carolina which is the worst LB spot, but Carolina's D spends an inordinate amount of time on the field, so his stats are higher than they should be.

Derrick Johnson should be rostered in a 12 team league let alone a 16-teamer. He's the clear choice IMO

Does anyone has any news on Stephen Cooper? Is he playing or what?

He returned to full practice this week, and should return to the field as well, but he doesn't get enough tackles for my tastes. I'd prefer Derrick Johnson as I stated above.

LB's

David Harris @BUF

London Fletcher @PHI

David Hawthorne @STL

Kirk Morrison v IND

James Anderson @NO

DB's

Earl Thomas @STL

Pat Chung @MIA

TJ Ward v CIN

Thanks

Should i even be considering Suggs? I like the matchup....but if there are guys on that above list you would rather stat let me know. James Harrison is locked in....help me pick the other two if you dont like Suggs.

Harris & London were consensus LB1's in the preseason. Harris has been disappointing, but has a good match-up against a heavy run team. Fletcher has been good, he shouldn't be available, but I don't think this is a great match-up, especially if he ends up as the Vick spy. The match-up I like best is Chung, who is putting up MLB tackle #'s. He's been fantastic so far.

With your scoring I do like Suggs. I would sign Chung for this week, but would prefer Fletcher for the season.

Who should I drop for a LB?

Eric Weddle, Darnell Dockett, Ndamukong Suh, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, Cortland Finnegan, DeAngelo Hall, James Laurinaitis, Chad Greenway, Jairus Byrd

Potential pickups:

Keith Ellison, Aaron Kampman, Chris Kelsay, Quentin Groves, Demorrio Williams, Keith Bullock, Joey Porter, Julian Peterson

We start one idp, any position...

I picked up Timmons last week and think I will run with him, but also thinking about Lenon.

These are the players that are on teams in my 12 team league, can anyone think of anyone that should definately be in a lineup in this format, that I should drop Timmons for? Standard scoring.

Timmons (me)

P. Willis

J. Vilma

B. Urlacher

Dansby

J. Harrison

C. Woodson

Polamalu

L. Briggs

C. Mattthews

Ray Lewis

need a DB opposite delmas this week with berry on bye. should i roll with charles godfrey or earl thomas?

also would you start cameron wake over nick barnett?