Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions 2010

kusch - I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that should be owned in your league that isn't.

CLE - both DB's seem to have good opportunities, but I'll go with Thomas, who's been a solid earner right from the start. I'd go with Barnett over Wake.

Who should I drop for a LB?

Eric Weddle, Darnell Dockett, Ndamukong Suh, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, Cortland Finnegan, DeAngelo Hall, James Laurinaitis, Chad Greenway, Jairus Byrd

Potential pickups:

Keith Ellison, Aaron Kampman, Chris Kelsay, Quentin Groves, Demorrio Williams, Keith Bullock, Joey Porter, Julian Peterson

It's hard to answer without knowing your scoring, but your available players are nothing to be running to your computer for. Ellison & Demorrio are the only ILBs you listed and neither is a regular starter. I think Posluzny got hurt last week. If he did that makes Ellison a starter, he'd be worth a bye/injury fill-in appearance, but don't expect too much, he's still a back-up an shouldn't provide more than LB3 #'s.

If you can find a real player on your wire, then DRC & Finnegan are pretty worthless in most formats b/c nobody throws at them. And Byrd was overly reliant on INTs last year to keep up his DB2 status this year, he's prolly droppable as well.

Scoring Format: Tkl: 1pt Assist: .5pt Sack: 3pt FF: 2pt FR: 2pt PD: 1pt INT: 2pt

Pick one for week 4 please:

Dan Connor (hasn't been great the past 2 weeks)

Michael Boley (seems to be doing good with pass-heavy offences)

Daryl Washington (good number or tackles, nothing else)

Thanks guys.

Scoring Format: Tkl: 1pt Assist: .5pt Sack: 3pt FF: 2pt FR: 2pt PD: 1pt INT: 2pt

Pick one for week 4 please:

Dan Connor (hasn't been great the past 2 weeks)

Michael Boley (seems to be doing good with pass-heavy offences)

Daryl Washington (good number or tackles, nothing else)

Thanks guys.

I'm leaning toward Washington, although Boley could have a good game, as well.

Need a bye-week fill in this week fellas....

Scoring: 1pT .5pA 4pS 4pINT 3pFF 4pFR 1pPD

We can start 3 at any position, so of course the MLB's are scarce on the FA list. So im thinking a DB wit a good matchup might be the way to go. There are a couple LB's out there though, here are the top IDP's available IMO:

LB's

David Harris @BUF

London Fletcher @PHI

David Hawthorne @STL

Kirk Morrison v IND

James Anderson @NO

DB's

Either Rhodes/AdrainWilson @SD

Earl Thomas @STL

Pat Chung @MIA

TJ Ward v CIN

What do you guys think? i only need one spot to fill....my other two guys are James Harrison v BAL/Terrell Suggs @ PIT. So who is the best player to add this week from the group above?

Thanks

Picked up and started Anderson.....Huge

16-teams dynasty league, there are not too many good players left in the FA's market. Somebody dropped Keith Rivers last week, I have to find someone to replace D'Qwell, should I go after him? How do you guys see him doing the rest of the season?

16-teams dynasty league, there are not too many good players left in the FA's market. Somebody dropped Keith Rivers last week, I have to find someone to replace D'Qwell, should I go after him? How do you guys see him doing the rest of the season?

I think he'll be a decent source of tackles with an occasional sack. Who else is available on ur FA?

So Justins Smith, and Calais Campbell has done close to nothing for me this year. So far. Would you guys drop them for either Jason Babin, or Tamba Hali? Both of them are eligible at LB and DL. So if either of them plays LB and I can start them at DL would be awesome. (I don't know exactly where they play on their own teams.)

2 points per 3 tackles. 3 points per sack. 4 points per interception. 2 pointer per forced fumble and 2 per fumble recovery. 2 points per pass deflected.

EDIT: David Ball is also available if he is a better option in TEN

So Justins Smith, and Calais Campbell has done close to nothing for me this year. So far. Would you guys drop them for either Jason Babin, or Tamba Hali? Both of them are eligible at LB and DL. So if either of them plays LB and I can start them at DL would be awesome. (I don't know exactly where they play on their own teams.)

2 points per 3 tackles. 3 points per sack. 4 points per interception. 2 pointer per forced fumble and 2 per fumble recovery. 2 points per pass deflected.

EDIT: David Ball is also available if he is a better option in TEN

Hali is a beast and he play outside linebacker but he primarily rushes the passer same. Babin is a linebacker too and will put up big #s from your d-line spot. I have a linebacker limit in my league and he's listed as a linebacker first so I can't grab him. Other people to consider that play linebacker that are listed as D ends are Nincovich from the Pats, Andre Carter from Washington, and Kelsay from Buffalo. This is on Espn, not sure about Yahoo or other leagues. Urs is not a tackle heavy league though so Hali and Babin are the best bets. 2 points for every 3 tackles is really low but 3 points for a sack is good. David Ball isn't really a better option I don't think yet although he's gonna get plenty of playing time now that Derrick Morgan is out for year with torn acl

Hali is a beast and he play outside linebacker but he primarily rushes the passer same. Babin is a linebacker too and will put up big #s from your d-line spot. I have a linebacker limit in my league and he's listed as a linebacker first so I can't grab him. Other people to consider that play linebacker that are listed as D ends are Nincovich from the Pats, Andre Carter from Washington, and Kelsay from Buffalo. This is on Espn, not sure about Yahoo or other leagues. Urs is not a tackle heavy league though so Hali and Babin are the best bets. 2 points for every 3 tackles is really low but 3 points for a sack is good. David Ball isn't really a better option I don't think yet although he's gonna get plenty of playing time now that Derrick Morgan is out for year with torn acl

Babin plays Lb? if thats true...some great info there man. One of my league requires a DL, and it seems every week im trying to play the matchups. Right now i have Ngata and James Hall(Plays the Lions this week)....Babin could be nice because he is listed as DL in my league.

Nincovich as well? interesting...those types of players are invaluable in leagues that require DL. Ill check him out...nice post

Tackle Heavy League. All these guys are notable free agents in my league. Who should I add?

A.J. Hawk vs WASH

Stephen Nicholas vs CLE

Stephen Cooper vs OAK

With it being Cushing's first game back, is he worth the pick up for this week?

what's a better option

Cushing vs NYG

James Anderson vs Chi

With it being Cushing's first game back, is he worth the pick up for this week?

what's a better option

Cushing vs NYG

James Anderson vs Chi

I would keep rolling with Anderson while he is hot. The only knock on him is that he plays the SLB, but if im not mistakin so does Cushing.

Cushing will probably worth picking up sooner than later, but right now Anderson is the man.

I would keep rolling with Anderson while he is hot. The only knock on him is that he plays the SLB, but if im not mistakin so does Cushing.

Cushing will probably worth picking up sooner than later, but right now Anderson is the man.

Thanks Stevemann

But I do have a question for you. This may be a stupid question but since i'm new to the IDP league rules, i'm still learning...but can you further explain what you meant by "the only knock on JA is that he plays SLB"

Thanks Stevemann

But I do have a question for you. This may be a stupid question but since i'm new to the IDP league rules, i'm still learning...but can you further explain what you meant by "the only knock on JA is that he plays SLB"

SLB- Strong side LB

The "strong-side" LB typically covers the other teams TE, it is a credit to players that play that position though. Because they have to be able to shed blocks from the TE and get to the RB, and also be able to drop into coverage to defend the TE.

In terms of fantasy the "SLB" is usually the lowest scoring of the LB positions. MLB being the best scorer followed by the WLB(Weak)...

Anderson is either playing out of his mind, a fantastic athlete....or both. Whatever it is im sticking with him in my league for the time being.

SLB- Strong side LB

The "strong-side" LB typically covers the other teams TE, it is a credit to players that play that position though. Because they have to be able to shed blocks from the TE and get to the RB, and also be able to drop into coverage to defend the TE.

In terms of fantasy the "SLB" is usually the lowest scoring of the LB positions. MLB being the best scorer followed by the WLB(Weak)...

Anderson is either playing out of his mind, a fantastic athlete....or both. Whatever it is im sticking with him in my league for the time being.

Thanks again for the explanation.

While the MLB is most consistent with points week in and week out, it also seems like SLB has potential for big play and big points moreso than an MLB...again hit or miss on any given week...

Kyle Vanden Bosch (vs STL)

Stylez White (at CIN)

William Hayes (at DAL)

I need 2 of them.

Need 1 from each please:

DB:

Louis Delmas (injury prone but played well so far)

Taylor Mays (reliable enough to drop Delmas?)

LB:

Kevin Burnett (at least 5 tackles per week)

AJ Hawk (more tackles now that Barnett is hurt?)

Dan Connor (somehow not able to drop him)

Thanks as always (Timmah and others)

so we start 5 defense, any position. 1 pt tackle, .5 assist, 3 pt sack, 3 pt int, 2 pt FR, 1 pt FF, 6 pt TD, 2 pt safety, 2 pt block kick...

I currently have:

J Allen, M Williams, T Cole, J Tuck, L Delmas

Would you drop anyone to pick up Taylor Mays and/or AJ Hawk?

Thanks...

Godsend - I'd go with White and Vanden Bosch....Hayes needs to show something before he can be recommended.

roto - I'd need to see Mays have a few more games under his belt before I could call him "reliable". I like Delmas a little more this week, if only because the Rams are gonna throw, and he'll be involved. I expect the Eagles to do the same, but Delmas is the better pass defender.

I'm inclined to go with Burnett this week; he's been more consistent than Hawk, although it's awfully hard not to wonder if Hawk could be getting on track.

because byes here's my defenders. we start 2 DBs, DLs, and LBs

DL- Calais Campbell, James Hall

DB- Louis Delmas, Brian Dawkins

LB- Paul Posluszny, Paris Lenon

there are still some good IDP possibilities on the FA list. should any of these guys replace mine for week 5?

DLs- Juqua Parker, Will Smith, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, Chris Kelsay

DBs- Dawan Landry, Eric Weddle, eric Berry

LBs- Barrett Ruud, Jonathan Vilma, EJ Henderson, David Harris

LDM - I probably wouldn't make any changes, even though the available names are tempting. EJ against the Jets is hard to overlook.

Godsend - I'll take Goldson....Atogwe really hasn't shown much this year, and didn't do a whole lot the last time he faced the Lions.

Looking for guidance on whether to use Derrick Johnson,Sean Weatherspoon or pick up Nate Clements?

I need a good play for week 6... 1pt tackle, .5pt asst... 2pt sack/int...

Real shallow league (only 1 IDP), so if you name 3 guys I'm sure one of them will be available... lol

I currently have Lenon, but he has a bye next week.