Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions 2010

Was all set with my starters for this week.....until i looked at who was available on the WW.

Scoring:1ptT .5ptA 4ptSck 4ptInt 3ptFF 4ptFR 1ptPD

Current starters:

DeMarcus Ware @MIN

James Harrison v CLE

Derrick Johnson @HOU

Available on the WW:

Both Justin Tuck and Umenyiora v DET are available......tasty matchup, but who to choose?

Chad Greenway v DAL has been consistent, EJ Henderson was recently dropped as well.

Would you make any moves this week? We only start 3, and there are no position requirements. Or stick with Ware/Harrison/Johnson?

-thanks

Should I pick up Desmond Bishop for Stephen Cooper?

And what about Antwan Barnes from the Chargers, listed as DE? I might want to cut William Hayes.

scoring: 1pt per each tackle (solo and assisted), 2pts per sack and INT, 1pt PD

Should I pick up Desmond Bishop for Stephen Cooper?

And what about Antwan Barnes from the Chargers, listed as DE? I might want to cut William Hayes.

scoring: 1pt per each tackle (solo and assisted), 2pts per sack and INT, 1pt PD

u know what i took a chance on bishop....someone in my league jumped on aj hawk so i thought it was now or never. Dropped Lofa tatupa to get him. I hope it works out, i'd do the same if i was you. Bishop hasn't had a chance to shine. He may be a better tackler than barnett. Also i'm trying to decide whether to drop taylor mays for eric weddle(just dropped). My other safeties are chung and yerimiah bell. Lemme know what u guys think

My league starts just 1 IDP in addition to normal starters. I've never used a defensive player, so I don't really know what to do. I drafted Beason and have held onto him until this week cause all that I've read suggests he's a top 3 player, although he hasn't been spectacular. I dropped him for LaRon Landry this week, but I will be able to pick him back up next week if that's who I should stick with.

A few things I want to know: Should I bother trying to stream IDP's/play matchups? Or just hold onto 1 all year? If so, who? Here are the players that are currently unavailable – P. Willis, L. Timmons, L. Landry, K. Morrison, J. Allen, D.J. Williams, B. Urlacher, C. Greenway, Y. Bell, C. Woodson, B. Cushing, C. Matthews. Any important names missing?

Scoring is:

Tackle Solo: 1

Tackle Assist: 0.5

Sack:2

Interception: 3

Fumble Force: 2

Fumble Recovery: 2

Defensive Touchdown: 6

Safety: 2

Pass Defended: 1

Block Kick: 2

My league starts just 1 IDP in addition to normal starters. I've never used a defensive player, so I don't really know what to do. I drafted Beason and have held onto him until this week cause all that I've read suggests he's a top 3 player, although he hasn't been spectacular. I dropped him for LaRon Landry this week, but I will be able to pick him back up next week if that's who I should stick with.

A few things I want to know: Should I bother trying to stream IDP's/play matchups? Or just hold onto 1 all year? If so, who? Here are the players that are currently unavailable – P. Willis, L. Timmons, L. Landry, K. Morrison, J. Allen, D.J. Williams, B. Urlacher, C. Greenway, Y. Bell, C. Woodson, B. Cushing, C. Matthews. Any important names missing?

Scoring is:

Tackle Solo: 1

Tackle Assist: 0.5

Sack:2

Interception: 3

Fumble Force: 2

Fumble Recovery: 2

Defensive Touchdown: 6

Safety: 2

Pass Defended: 1

Block Kick: 2

You did a good job picking up Landry, love Beason, but Landry has outproduced him to this point. Most of the time when somebody sayss they are in an IDP league that only requires one starter, i suggest getting a MLB. In your case...havin so many options available i would probably play the matchups. Which yes, means posting here often asking for advise until you get your handle. Landry is a great option right now, but i would still rather have a stud LB. Cant go wrong with Landry on any week right now, but if you have other options your wondering about, post who they are and their matchup this week....and im sure someone, either myself, Mojo/timmah will help your decision.

First off congrats on picking up Landry...he has been studly this year. When it comes to IDP leagues that only require 1 starter, i always say go for a LB. So you did good by getting Beason....he is a stud. But the emergance of James Anderson, and the fact Dan Conner is playing the MLB has stunted his(Beason) production.

The bolded part of your post says "unowned"....if that is the case, you grab Willis and keep him as your lone IDP the rest of the year. He is the Peterson of IDP leagues i guess you could say.

Timmons is also fantastic to own this year as well, he is a great athlete and finally living up to the potential he has.

I dont know how to really answer your question, because if ALL these players are available? then yea you might be better off streaming and playing the matchups. Good news is your in the right spot for your IDP help....other than me, there are very knowledgeable posters in here that will guide you through your IDP help.

Good luck, and Mojo/Timmah please chime in....and where has titanium been btw?

Unavailable as in owned already, not available to pick up, sorry. I'd know enough to grab Willis if he's out there. B)

Unavailable as in owned already, not available to pick up, sorry. I'd know enough to grab Willis if he's out there. B)

lol...sorry misread....caught me during my post edit. read again...above your last post

Who is a better matchup play for this week as a bye week filler?

I normally have James Anderson on my roster, but since he's on bye, need to fill that spot just for this week...

Brian Urlacher vs SEA (note that lance briggs may be out with an ankle injury)

Stephen Tulloch vs JAX

Brian Cushing vs KC

DeMeco Ryans vs KC

Shaun Phillips vs STL

Defensive Players

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 2

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 2

Travis - It would actually be helpful to know who's owned, because I could probably name 30 people that might not be owned, but that doesn't make them usable.

presto - I'd probably go with Chung, even though your leagues doesn't heavily reward big plays, which will likely be the difference between the two in the long run. Not sure why Ruud isn't collecting more ST's, but I haven't really seen much of the Bucs so far.

As for your ranking question, I'd probably go with Timmons, Vilma, Chung, Briggs, Ruud

stevemann - I'd stick with Ware and Harrison, and I'm having a hard time with Johnson or Greenway...and I like Tuck, too. If I had to choose, it would be Greenway, but not by a whole lot.

Godsend - Yeah, I take Bishop over Cooper, whereas Barnes/Hayes is a toss-up. Barnes wasn't a good fit here, but Hayes didn't do much of anything last week. I'd stick with Hayes, as he's a bit more of a known quantity.

champ - not sure of your settings, but Weddle's been very disappointing. I'd let someone else gamble on name value and hope for a turnaround.

abigj - agree with steve....there's so much likely available, you could probably get away with playing matchups.

imdhmi - I prefer Tulloch among those named. He didn't do much of anything the last time he lined up against the Jags, but he's been very good this year.

looking for a DB to play this week

Nate Allen vs ATL

Ronde Barber vs NO

Carlos Rodgers vs IND

Nate Clements vs OAK

Alphonso Smith @NYG (a site has this guy as a must start this week)

Vincent Fuller @JAC

Ike Taylor vs CLE

Madieu Williams vs DAL

Ryan Clark vs CLE

Troy Polamalu vs CLE

Cody Grimm vs NO

Sean Jones vs NO

Marcus Trufant @CHI

also should i pick up michael boley? is rocky mcintosh gonna play? what about will smith?

I have a Defense flex spot, but debating on whether I should start Tulloch, Ware, or Tuck this week?

In a tackle heavy league it's prolly Tulloch, in a big play heavy (i.e. sacks heavy) I'd give a slight edge to Ware over Tuck, but I like both players this week.

looking for a DB to play this week

Nate Allen vs ATL

Ronde Barber vs NO

Carlos Rodgers vs IND

Nate Clements vs OAK

Alphonso Smith @NYG (a site has this guy as a must start this week)

Vincent Fuller @JAC

Ike Taylor vs CLE

Madieu Williams vs DAL

Ryan Clark vs CLE

Troy Polamalu vs CLE

Cody Grimm vs NO

Sean Jones vs NO

Marcus Trufant @CHI

also should i pick up michael boley? is rocky mcintosh gonna play? what about will smith?

Sean Jones is the only true SS on that list, so I would lean towards him, but FWIW I have a funny feeling that Polamalu is gonna have one of his huge weeks against Colt McCoy this week.

maybe to Michael Boley, but he's inconsistent as he is a WILL, Prolly not on McIntosh, and Smith has a great match-up, but hasn't been good this year and although he prolly will play he is clearly less than 100%

Who should I pick up to drop Daryl Washington and sit Kirk Morrison two of these:

Bradie James vs. MIN

Julian Peterson vs. NYG

Stephen Cooper vs. STL

Channing Chowder vs. GB

Clint Session vs. WAs

Erine Sims vs. ATL

Gerald McRath vs. JAC

Thanks guys for the quick response

Who should I pick up to drop Daryl Washington and sit Kirk Morrison two of these:

Bradie James vs. MIN

Julian Peterson vs. NYG

Stephen Cooper vs. STL

Channing Chowder vs. GB

Clint Session vs. WAs

Erine Sims vs. ATL

Gerald McRath vs. JAC

Thanks guys for the quick response

Peterson and Sims

Any MLB that are eligible at S, CB or DE in yahoo leagues? DJ Williams is killing it for me, I gots ta have more of this guy.

He gets as many FP as my receivers.

With DeMecco Ryans out for the year, Zac Diles will move to MLB for the Texans and Daryl Sharpton will take Zac's old spot.

I own D. Ware, Troy Polamolu, & D. Johnson

Should I drop any of these guys for Ed Reed? Thanks

I drafted Beason and Willis and picked up Matthews after week one. Dropped Beason for Tulloch after his bye and don't plan on going back. My question is, should Willis be shipped off for any number of guys with higher point totals, such as Jerod Mayo, Paris Lenon, TJ Ward, Kevin Burnett, Quintin Mikell? We have two D spots, one DB, and one DL.

Vilma.

What was with his performance last week? only .5 points? 1 assistaed tackle.

Did he get injured?

James Harrison is available, should i make a switch?

Harrison @ MIA

Vilma vs CLE

Scoring:1ptT .5ptA 4ptSck 4ptInt 3ptFF 4ptFR 1ptPD

Starting:

Ware v NYG

Harrison @ MIA

Need one more start between:

Derrick Johnson v JVill

James Anderson v SF

Both good matchups, but im leaning towards Anderson because of his big play potential. Thoughts? need one of those 2...

Side note: Should i or would you be worried about starting James Harrison after this whiny retirement talk? does he pull a Kobe and half-a** it because he is upset?

thanks

Scoring: 1pt tackle (both solo and assisted), 1pt PD, 2pts INT, 2pt SACK, 2pts FR, 1pt FF.

Dashon Goldson (at CAR)

or

Adrian Wilson (at SEA)

???

I own D. Ware, Troy Polamolu, & D. Johnson

Should I drop any of these guys for Ed Reed? Thanks

I wouldn't....Reed's points are primarily from big plays, and good luck on knowing when those will happen.

Magnum - no, I wouldn't drop Patrick Willis.

whips - My understanding is that Vilma's performance was a result of the run being abandoned early. I'd give him another chance before letting go. The Dolphins have been pretty good in pass protection this year, only allowing 9 sacks, so I wouldn't bank on a big week from Harrison.

steve - The last few weeks, Anderson's primarily been about the tackles. He's got the one forced fumble and 1.5 sacks to go along with his any, many total tackles. Johnson's got big-play potential as well, after all, he had 3 picks and returned 2 of them for scores last season. Anderson's been very good, but Johnson has been the more consistent earner. I'd go with the Chef.

Godsend - I'd go with Wilson. He didn't have many tackles the last time he faced the Hawks, but had a pick and two PD's. Overall in his career, he's been generous to his owners.

Scoring Format: Tkl: 1pt Assist: .5pt Sack: 3pt FF: 2pt FR: 2pt PD: 1pt INT: 2pt

Which 2 of the 4 are better the rest of the season...I currently have James and Burnett..

1) James Laurinaitis (consistent but not great)

2) Rocky McIntosh (back from injury)

3) Kevin Burnett (consistent but not many solo tackles)

4) Zac Diles (after this week's bye will be a MLB)

Thanks.