Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions 2010

Gerald Hayes played last week vs. TB and had 6 tackles, FF, and TD on top. Not bad at all. Yahoo is stating he should start at strong side next week. What are everyone's thoughts on him, especially in tackle heavy leagues?

Also loving Durant, he is a three-down player now. Thoughts?

Gerald hayes is interesting, however he might be rotating with Daryl Washington.

Looking to upgrade @ DB. We start 2 DB, 4 D (LB/DB/DL), 1 DL. Is Eric Weddle worth picking up? I have Collins, TJ Ward, and Eric Berry. Weddle has a been a stud the past few years, but seems to be off to a slow start. Any suggestions? I'm starting 3 DBs this week since DJ Williams is on bye and I don't need anymore LBs at the moment.

tackles - solo 1.25, assist .75

sack - 4

int - 4

pd - 2

ff - 3

fr -1

Scoring Format: Tkl: 1pt Assist: .5pt Sack: 3pt FF: 2pt FR: 2pt PD: 1pt INT: 2pt

Karlos Dansby, Paris Lenon, Scott Fujita and Justin Durant are available in my league.

I need 2 guys for the rest of the year. Can I drop E. J. Henderson for any of these guys.

E. J. has been consistent but not great.

Thanks.

Coming off a bye week....should Lance Briggs be owned?

My 3 current IDP's are Beason, C. Woodson and Vilma.

Vilma is on a bye next week, and so is Woodson.

Scoring Format: Tkl: 1pt Assist: .5pt Sack: 3pt FF: 2pt FR: 2pt PD: 1pt INT: 2pt

Karlos Dansby, Paris Lenon, Scott Fujita and Justin Durant are available in my league.

I need 2 guys for the rest of the year. Can I drop E. J. Henderson for any of these guys.

Thanks.

I like Fujita, since they are always on the field. I'm not sure I could endorse Durant quite yet. I think Lenon would be good. They seem to be on the field a lot as well.

Thanks.

Dansby-Durant-Fujita-Lenon

Dansby is the top out of this group and should be owned.

Durant is great when healthy, but he's on my all Glass Team and comes out of games and misses weeks from the smallest nick.

Fujita plays OLB in 3-4 scheme so his numbers won't be consistent.

Lenon I wouldnt touch with Gerald Hayes back. Washington's playing time is up in the air and might cut into Lenon's. And Lenon isnt a very good LB ontop of that.

Coming off a bye week....should Lance Briggs be owned?

My 3 current IDP's are Beason, C. Woodson and Vilma.

Vilma is on a bye next week, and so is Woodson.

Yes Briggs should be owned. He's healthy and ready to go. He play Buffalo though and I can't imagine them having the ball forever. But Briggs could put up 7 solos 2 assists.

Looking to upgrade @ DB. We start 2 DB, 4 D (LB/DB/DL), 1 DL. Is Eric Weddle worth picking up? I have Collins, TJ Ward, and Eric Berry. Weddle has a been a stud the past few years, but seems to be off to a slow start. Any suggestions? I'm starting 3 DBs this week since DJ Williams is on bye and I don't need anymore LBs at the moment.

tackles - solo 1.25, assist .75

sack - 4

int - 4

pd - 2

ff - 3

fr -1

I dont watch much SD games, but it seems to me that Weddle is playing further from the LOS this year. He has been coming on strong as of late. I would give him a shot. Berry has been really good of late, but don't like him vs OAK. I love TJ Ward, but he's not the greatest in your league's format. Nick Collins will get you PDs. Go with Collins and Weddle.

My league starts just 1 IDP in addition to normal starters.

Scoring is:

Tackle Solo: 1

Tackle Assist: 0.5

Sack:2

Interception: 3

Fumble Force: 2

Fumble Recovery: 2

Defensive Touchdown: 6

Safety: 2

Pass Defended: 1

Block Kick: 2

Who do I go with this week -

Ray Lewis vs MIA

Paul Posluszny vs CHI

James Harrison @CIN

Kerry Rhodes @MIN

Timmah.....add Briggs? Drop Vilma (who is on a bye next week, and will probably be dropped next week anyways)? or drop Beason?

If i drop Beason, i will need to make another add next week for Vilma's Bye.

Who do I start between Brian Urlacher (at BUF) and Keith Rivers (monday nighter, vs PIT)?

Who do I start between Brian Urlacher (at BUF) and Keith Rivers (monday nighter, vs PIT)?

Tough call. I'd go with Rivers.

Timmah.....add Briggs? Drop Vilma (who is on a bye next week, and will probably be dropped next week anyways)? or drop Beason?

If i drop Beason, i will need to make another add next week for Vilma's Bye.

Vilma finally posted a solid outing last week, he was on the verge of being dumped by me in one of my leagues at that point. I own Beason in a couple, and moving to WIL seems to have completely destroyed his value.

Tough call, but I would be inclined to drop Beason at this point, give Vilma another game, and then go back to the WW for week 10. Let someone else go after the name value, and if he finally registers a takeaway, bully for them....if not, they'll have added a poison pill.

Thanks Timmah, i actually added Zac Diles and dropped Beason. I will give Vilma more week, but him and woodson on a bye next week, i will be going after 2 idp in my league.

So I have Jason Babin on a bye week this week, so I need a replacement at DL. I'll have to figure out who to drop as well. Normally I would just let him sit in my starting lineup so I don't have to worry about dropping anyone worthwhile, but I am in a must win game, and can't afford any goose eggs. So the guys available who I am thinking about are:

Kyle Williams (BUF DT) vs. CHI

Richard Seymour (OAK DT) vs. KC

Dwan Edwards (BUF DT) vs. CHI

Will Smith (NO DE) @ CAR

So obviously the talent for DL are very thin. The Panthers and Bears have let up the most points to Defensive Lineman according to http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats....&LeagueID=1

My scoring is big play heavy, 2 points per 3 tackles, 3 points per sack, 2 points per fumble forced and fumble recovered, and I don't think the rest of the scoring matters for DL.

So should I go with one of those guys, or just wait until Monday Night, and if I need points, then add Brett Keisel?

(I think I would have to drop James Laurinaitis, who is on a bye week himself, either way)

Team is in sig.

Thanks guys!

How would you rank the following LB's for week 9 based on my scoring system? I can only start 4 of them. Lofton, Diles, Urlacher, Dansby, Harris and Bishop.

Solo - 1

Sack - 3

FF - 2

FR - 3

INT - 6

TD - 12

PD - 3

Safety - 6

Block - 4

Thanks

How would you rank the following LB's for week 9 based on my scoring system? I can only start 4 of them. Lofton, Diles, Urlacher, Dansby, Harris and Bishop.

Solo - 1

Sack - 3

FF - 2

FR - 3

INT - 6

TD - 12

PD - 3

Safety - 6

Block - 4

Thanks

I would probably go:

Urlacher

Dansby

Lofton

Bishop

Diles is nice, but the way the Chargers abandon the run scares me away from him this week. Harris could very well have a nice week, but as a Lions homer i just dont trust the Lions to run the ball effectively enough for Harris to get consistent tackles.

All my opinion of course, consider me a novice...hopefully the resident IDP pro Timmah will chime in and help ya out.

Chung is out again this week. Hope it isn't something serious.

Who is a better replacement this week:

Richard Marshall, Louis Delmas or Malcolm Jenkins

I am leaning towards Marshall

Thanks.

Chung is out again this week. Hope it isn't something serious.

Who is a better replacement this week:

Richard Marshall, Louis Delmas or Malcolm Jenkins

I am leaning towards Marshall

Thanks.

I'm stuck looking for a Chung replacement too... I'd run with Marshall if I had those options.

What do you guys think here:

B.Pollard (HOU) vs. San Diego --- P.Rivers doesn't throw INTs but does throw a lot which could mean tackles.

or

Kerry Rhodes (AZ) vs. Minnesota -- Brett throws INTs and T.Jackson does just the same - Rhodes has been hot.

I'm stuck looking for a Chung replacement too... I'd run with Marshall if I had those options.

What do you guys think here:

B.Pollard (HOU) vs. San Diego --- P.Rivers doesn't throw INTs but does throw a lot which could mean tackles.

or

Kerry Rhodes (AZ) vs. Minnesota -- Brett throws INTs and T.Jackson does just the same - Rhodes has been hot.

Close call. Rhodes hasn't been bad tackle-wise. But I'd go with Pollard this week.

There is this issue about how well Minnesota's offense is going to adjust with the Moss trade, etc.

Nobody seems to like Chilly in Minnesota.

So I have Jason Babin on a bye week this week, so I need a replacement at DL. I'll have to figure out who to drop as well. Normally I would just let him sit in my starting lineup so I don't have to worry about dropping anyone worthwhile, but I am in a must win game, and can't afford any goose eggs. So the guys available who I am thinking about are:

Kyle Williams (BUF DT) vs. CHI

Richard Seymour (OAK DT) vs. KC

Dwan Edwards (BUF DT) vs. CHI

Will Smith (NO DE) @ CAR

So obviously the talent for DL are very thin. The Panthers and Bears have let up the most points to Defensive Lineman according to http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats....&LeagueID=1

My scoring is big play heavy, 2 points per 3 tackles, 3 points per sack, 2 points per fumble forced and fumble recovered, and I don't think the rest of the scoring matters for DL.

So should I go with one of those guys, or just wait until Monday Night, and if I need points, then add Brett Keisel?

(I think I would have to drop James Laurinaitis, who is on a bye week himself, either way)

Team is in sig.

Thanks guys!

Edwards is more consistent thanks to his tackling, and no team has allowed more sacks than the Bears. I'd go with Dwan.

DL- Cofield, K Williams BUF

DB- Mikell, Ed Reed

LB- Timmons, Poz

am i ok this week on D? i'm sure the LBs are fine, but do i need to try and swap DL or DBs?

DL- Cofield, K Williams BUF

DB- Mikell, Ed Reed

LB- Timmons, Poz

am i ok this week on D? i'm sure the LBs are fine, but do i need to try and swap DL or DBs?

I think you're okay, as is.

Timmah,

Check my post out. Currently I am sitting Urlacher and Diles

I agree with stevemann....I'm actually using Urlacher this week in a game I need.