Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skeleton Crew

Skull and Bones Society Fantasy Basketball Invitational

This is the official league thread of the first annual Skull and Bones Society Invitational. I have planned for this to be redraft, as I am sure many are committed to keepers and whatnot. But we have had a good turnout of some good managers, and I would be open to a vote if people wanted to make it keeper. Live Yahoo! draft is October 17th, 8:30pm eastern. So far the managers from Rotoworld that are in:

Timmah!

PhantasyPhreak

Tarheels_2433

The Czar

BigH

Benji Benjacobson

Code of Hammurabi

Skeleton Crew

Lebron

BigMex

DaWaiverWiz

A few other great managers not from Rotoworld are here too, I will encourage them to post in the forums here, maybe we can have some talent in here.

I'm already in a bunch of keeper/dynasty leagues, so I guess just a standard redraft league would be my vote...but obviously if the majority wants it a different way, I'm down for whatever...

Im only in one dynasty, and it's on ESPN. Im cool with a dynasty, but wouldnt mind if it stays a redraft aswell.

Well, if this is the direction people want to go, I am more than happy to make it happen. The league would have to vote, however, and it would have to be a strong majority rule. I know many people already have leagues they are committed to, so I would want nothing less than 100% participation from everyone in any scenario. I think with redraft, this is what would happen, but I would nothing more than to be with this group of guys for quite a while as well. I am honored to have you guys in my league.

Im in enough dynasty leagues. I would prefer an annual redraft structure.

I prefer dynasty's only because every move you make has a lasting impact. It's feels more like running a franchise, which is an aspect I enjoy.

hey Code, nice to be a league with you again pal...

Im in enough dynasty leagues. I would prefer an annual redraft structure.

Honestly, this is the direction I would prefer to go. I would like to keep the same group of dedicated and competitive managers every year, but have a chance to redraft a team each year. A clean slate every time. If anything, maybe only keep one player each year, if that. But yeah, I have a few dynasties already, and was looking for a kind of new format, which is why I think the head to head with points system is pretty dynamic. I also like the prospect of drafting a new team each year. I think having this an Invitational, and having top notch managers here is what sets this apart. Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

Good to see you around again Fontaine. Been a while for sure.......

I prefer dynasty's only because every move you make has a lasting impact. It's feels more like running a franchise, which is an aspect I enjoy.

hey Code, nice to be a league with you again pal...

I'm already in multiple dynasty leagues across sports, so I'd prefer a redraft, especially as part of the process of getting used to scoring and whatnot.

Then, if folks are still on the keeper/dynasty bandwagon, we can conduct the '11/12 draft as such.

Hey Skelton, I sent you a PM about maybe adding two more teams if you're interested. Ironmike128 and his brother are great managers and would join. Just wanted to toss it out there.

Hey Skelton, I sent you a PM about maybe adding two more teams if you're interested. Ironmike128 and his brother are great managers and would join. Just wanted to toss it out there.

Not sure the other managers who signed under the pretense of a 14 team league would appreciate me suddenly expanding to a 16 team league. It changes the format and strategy a bit. Thoughts?

Oh it's no problem. I know most of these GMs have been in leagues with him, and he came to me with interest, so I figured I would put it out there.

Oh it's no problem. I know most of these GMs have been in leagues with him, and he came to me with interest, so I figured I would put it out there.

I can put them on the waiting list. They will be next in line if an opening occurs. The league will only be 14 teams though.

accepted the invite under the premise that it is a redraft league, i have more than enough keepers/dynasty leagues. i agree with timmah, that if we want to go the direction of keeper or dynasty we do so down the road

accepted the invite under the premise that it is a redraft league, i have more than enough keepers/dynasty leagues. i agree with timmah, that if we want to go the direction of keeper or dynasty we do so down the road

Yeah this is a pure redraft league. I only brought it up because a couple people mentioned it, and thought would give it its due among the managers. Redraft is the format I want it, with a new draft every year. I know it is fun to manage a team like a franchise year to year. But it is just as much fun to draft a new team every year and see how you fare with a clean slate. This also prevents teams from stacking themselves.

I prefer a 12 or 14 team league. Not a fan of the 16 team format.

OK guys, I used FFToolbox to randomly generate the draft order. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=30363

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - The Czar

2 - Soulcrusher

3 - Double Dribble

4 - LeBrontourage

5 - Boston Stranglers

6 - Skeleton Crew

7 - Laker H8Ters

8 - Fontaine

9 - CoH v.2.3

10 - Sheed

11 - Tarheels_2433

12 - ChrisKamanYoFace

13 - FeltonBoobies

14 - CP's Crew

Thought this was a live yahoo draft? In which case the order would be determined randomally by yahoo?

Thought this was a live yahoo draft? In which case the order would be determined randomally by yahoo?

It is determined randomly, just not by Yahoo!. This gives everyone a chance to plan their draft accordingly. It is a live Yahoo draft. This has been done in many of my leagues, and everyone has seemed to like it, despite some not getting a top pick as they would have hoped. Looks like The Czar lucked out.

Oh, Gotcha. It's fine. Just unconvential in my expierence.

I'm pretty happy with my 8th spot. I generally hate the early picks in Basketball leagues.

I'm not opposed to trading out of my spot to another spot if someone wants a middle of the draft pick? I usally like middle picks, but if someone wants to swap with me that has a pick in front of me, id be down for that.