Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Fantasy Soccer

im big chelsea fc fan, Lampard is my favorite player in the world. I play fantasy premierleague and also squaddog fantasyfootball manager game. I love english premierleague and soccer is my no1 sport.

im big chelsea fc fan, Lampard is my favorite player in the world. I play fantasy premierleague and also squaddog fantasyfootball manager game. I love english premierleague and soccer is my no1 sport.

I challenge you to join this league. Finland only know hockey and death metal music

Scores for Week 2 (goal scorers in italics):

Granicar (JSinisa) - 64 - Ronaldo 2, Dempsey, Adebayor, Benjani

CB Chargers (Timmah!) - 55 - Cahill, Adebayor

Kaba Montreal (Dr. Whom) - 51 - Adebayor, Benjani

Come On Pelican (ewanbrown) - 45 - Ronaldo 2, Benjani

League Totals:

CB Chargers - 105

Granicar - 101

Kaba Montreal - 81

Come On Pelican - 80

quick reminder....we only have a short break before Gameweek 19, on Boxing Day (Wed)!

FSC is showing 5 matches, starting with Chelsea/Aston Villa at 8am (EST), through Birmingham/Middlesbrough at 5pm. i wish i didn't have to work.....

Week 3 Points:

CB Chargers - 86 - Santa Cruz 2, Cahill, Dempsey, Gerrard, Laursen

Come On Pelican - 73 - Gerrard, Ronaldo

Granicar - 62 - Barry, Dempsey, Ronaldo

Kaba Montreal - 52 - Gerrard, Laursen

League Point Totals through 3 weeks:

CB Chargers - 191

Granicar - 163

Come On Pelican - 153

Kaba Montreal - 133

CB Chargers, Granicar and Come On Pelican all advanced into Round 2 of the Fantasy Cup, an all-entry tournament that runs through the second half of the season. i forget what you win....anyone remember from last year?

i love soccer

then join the league....there's still 5 months left in the season!

i'll PM ya the info....there's more matches this weekend.

Quick Reminder:

We have Gameweek 20 matches this weekend, then there is a very short transfer window before Gameweek 21, which is Tuesday and Wednesday (Jan 1-2).

We will then have a break until Jan 12, when Gameweek 22 begins.

As for "real life" matters:

The January transfer window will be opening, and i'm expecting some movement. (hopefully, Reading adds a midfielder!) i can't say i've seen any major names leaving, but if anyone else has rumors to share, it'd be cool to hear them B) i've heard that Tottenham will be looking to spend, and Chelsea will need to add some depth.....

...which leads me to the African Cup of Nations, which runs from Jan 20 through Feb 10. a lot of players will be unavailable during that stretch. fortunately, most of our players' countries didn't qualify, but it's something to keep in mind before transferring in somebody.

Good luck this weekend everyone, and there's always room for more!

Frsutration was the name of the game this weekend, as the top scores reached during the week turned into more pedestrian efforts.

we all should have been starting Reading and Tottenham players, who combined for 10 goals yesterday....unfortunately for me, i left Dave Kitson and his two goals on my bench, but Dr. Whom got 3 assist from Nicky Shorey!

the points for Week 20:

CB Chargers - 46 - Adebayor, Cahill, Santa Cruz

Kaba Montreal - 45 - Adebayor

Granicar - 43 - Adebayor, Agbonlahor, Ronaldo

Come On Pelican - 41 - Bentley, Ronaldo

League Points after 4 weeks:

CB Chargers - 237

Granicar - 206

Come On Pelican - 194

Kaba Montreal - 178

Fanasty Cup scores are still provisional, and that update will come on Wednesday, when we recap Week 21, which begins on Tuesday, Jan 1.

Happy New Year's everyone!

Scores for Week 21:

Kaba Montreal - 70 - Adebayor, Elano, Laursen, Mellberg

Granicar - 62 - Adebayor

CB Chargers - 53 - Adebayor, Laursen

Come On Pelican 48 - Campbell

The fantasy scores rebounded as we finished a busy holiday stretch, even though there wasn't any more than 3 goals scored in any particular game. Emmanuel Adebayor's hot streak (3 goals in four matches) was a nice Christmas gift for his owners.

Overall Points:

CB Chargers - 290

Granicar - 268

Kaba Montreal - 248

Come On Pelican - 242

The points got much closer this week, and with 17 more gameweeks remaining, it's still anybody's game. there's even time for new entries to get in the mix, so if you think it's too late, think again!

We have a break this weekend, as the FA Cup tournament resumes, but we'll be back at it for Gameweek 22 during Jan 12-14. The transfer window is open, but no major names have been sent out of yet - although BW's Niklas Anelka is talking about a possible move to Chelsea.

if anybody else wants in, lemme know!

My squad is starting to get healthy

My squad is starting to get healthy

mine's getting into top form....i hope. i woke up this morning thinking that, as long as Fabregas is ready to get back where he was pre-injury, the Almunia transfer works out, and my overall depth holds up, i might be in good shape going forward.

of course, this comes out today (from Fox):

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has confirmed the club are interested in signing Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg.

Mellberg has been strongly linked with a move to Juve with the player yet to sign a new deal at Villa Park.

The Sweden international's contract expires at the end of the season and reports have suggested that Mellberg has agreed a pre-contract with the Italian giants.

there goes my 4th defender....calling Nicky Shorey!

Only I get Shorey!

Hey Timmah...Is there any way to change Captain status to another player?

Only I get Shorey!

Hey Timmah...Is there any way to change Captain status to another player?

yup....on your team page, below your roster, is a drop-down menu that says "Captain" next to it. anyone of your starting XI can wear the armband.

fyi, if you want to switch your current captain out of the lineup, you have to name someone else first.

There's been a shakeup at the top of the table!

Granicar struck gold not just with Christiano Ronaldo's hat trick yesterday (all coming in the 2nd half), but by making him his Captain, he earned double points, giving him 42 from one guy. that was enough to push him past the CB Chargers club for 1st place. the outburst made Ronaldo the highest-scoring player in the game, despite having missed four weeks.

Rio Ferdinand and Joleon Lescott's goal/clean sheet combos were helpful for clubs willing to pay a little extra on defenders, while Emmauel Adebayor continued his hot streak with a penalty kick.

Week 22's final tallies:

Granicar - 88 - Ronaldo 3, Adebayor, Lescott

Come On Pelican - 70 - Ronaldo 3, Ferdinand, Lescott

CB Chargers - 62 - Adebayor, Ferdinand, Laursen, Lescott

Kaba Montreal - 43- Adebayor, Davies, Laursen

Points through 6 weeks:

Granicar (JSinisia) - 356

CB Chargers (Timmah!) - 348

Come On Pelican (ewanbrown) - 312

Kaba Montreal (Dr. Whom) - 291

All four teams have been eliminated from the Fantasy Cup, with CB Chargers the only team to go as far as the 3rd round.

Good luck to everyone in next weekend!

GRANICAR BUILDS LEAD WITH SAT. OUTBURST

Granicar opened up a 24-point lead after another strong showing in Week 23. Ronaldo, Adebayor and Benjani combined for 6 goals for the pace-setter to start the weekend; Joleon Lescott later added to the tally in an overall quiet offensive weekend. If they ever fall off form, a lot of owners are going to be scrambling!

Week 23 points:

Granicar - 70 - Benjani 3, Adebayor 2, Ronaldo, Lescott

Come On Pelican - 59 - Benjani 3, Ronaldo, Lescott

Kaba Montreal - 57 - Benjani 3, Adebayor 2

CB Chargers - 56 - Adebayor 2, Lescott

Overall Points (through 7 weeks):

Granicar - 428

CB Chargers - 404

Come On Pelican - 371

Kaba Montreal -348

Week 24 is broken up; there's a single match on Saturday, with the remaining matches to be played next Tuesday and Wednesday.

RONALDO BRACE KEEPS GRANICAR IN 1ST

Christiano Ronaldo's pair of goals (and Man of the Match points) helped Granicar maintain 1st place positioning through eight weeks of play. It was needed, as CB Chargers found the back of the net early and often; Emmanuel Adebayor's goal streak hit 5 games as all three Forwards scored, and the back four was stout.

Meanwhile, Kaba and COP continue to build momentum, and the race continues after a short rest. Week 25 is just three days away....

Week 24 points:

CB Chargers - 74 - Adebayor, Fabregas, Santa Cruz, Young

Granicar - 70 - Ronaldo 2, Adebayor

Kaba Montreal - 55 - Adebayor, Fabregas

Come On Pelican - 53 - Ronaldo 2

Overall Points:

Granicar - 498

CB Chargers - 478

Come On Pelican - 424

Kaba Montreal - 403