Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1stplace

Yahoo Expert League's

I put together 8 "expert" baseball leagues in yahoo this year. The reason is call them expert is because all mangers must have at least 1 year experience with a win percentage above 70%. These league's have proven more competitive than past pay leagues. I think the reason is because managers care more about the sacred win percentage they've put together over the years more than the $20 they put into your pay league. This makes for a very active and competitive league. Aside from the requirements there is more to play for than just gold. Details below.

1. Must have 70% win percentage and at least one year experience. I define these league's as "Expert."

2. I'm holding a total of 8 "Expert" leagues. Those that make the playoffs will be invited to what I'll call "AE leagues," next year. (advanced expert)

3. Those who don't make the playoffs will be invited to the "E-League's" the following year. (so long as they still qualify) Those that would like to be invited to the "AE" leagues and will be put on a waiting list. If there are any AE managers that pass on the invite to the AE league's you'll be able to take their place.

We will playing this format in future baseball, football and basketball league's.

This is a long term operation folks so if you guys are looking for long term fantasy buddies this is the ticket. I'd like to get to the point where there is a 3rd level after "AE." It'd be nice if we can have the group hold a live (in person) draft. (miami, vegas, new york) Respond to this thread if you would like to play.

I'll submit my name to the list of interested players.

Good idea, minus the live draft (unrealistic). Plus, it's online fantasy sports... I don't want to have to see anyone in person.

I'd forget the winning percentage requirements. As you play year after year, you're bound to join too many leagues, corrupt leagues etc. The trophy case is of more importance on judging players.

the idea behind the "live draft," thing is that you would have played with the same group of guys for like 3 years. i'm not down for meeting ppl that i don't know either but i might feel a bit more comfortable after three years of playing with the same guys. that said, it's still all up in the air. that "live draft" thing will be a hard one to do just because of the financial aspect. it's not something we currently have set up. i just wanted to get some opinion's on it.

By the way people... feel free to reply via the thread but do me a favor. if you want to play email me at tsep23@yahoo.com. let me know what sports you would like to play. I should also mention that the leagues are "H2H." I will need your yahoo ID to verify you meet the pre-req as well.

Thanks

I'd forget the winning percentage requirements. As you play year after year, you're bound to join too many leagues, corrupt leagues etc. The trophy case is of more importance on judging players.

I have taken managers with win percentage's in the 60's that have a nice trophy case.

I'll join...my name is dru_42 in yahoo...been playing for years and have a pretty good %.

If I play in a lot of private leagues and I do well, does that positively affect your %?

Or is the % only based on public leagues?

thx,

dru

How does any win % make you an expert? That's way off base, fact is you call it an expert league yet my Winning pct for the last 7 years is 0.0 because we do Roto leagues. You need to amend you thought process, And I do a $250 ROTO pay league on Sportsline and I can assure you it is 100 times more competetive than anything I have ever done on yahoo and everyone knows their stuff. I mean my main league is the same 12 people for 7 years and thats even more competetive than my pay league so it is all relative man. I can be an expert but because I do Roto leagues and do not havea win pct over 70 I am not considered one. Oh and I do not do Yahoo leagues anymore since about 03 cause it is a terrible interface.

How does any win % make you an expert? That's way off base, fact is you call it an expert league yet my Winning pct for the last 7 years is 0.0 because we do Roto leagues. You need to amend you thought process, And I do a $250 ROTO pay league on Sportsline and I can assure you it is 100 times more competetive than anything I have ever done on yahoo and everyone knows their stuff. I mean my main league is the same 12 people for 7 years and thats even more competetive than my pay league so it is all relative man. I can be an expert but because I do Roto leagues and do not havea win pct over 70 I am not considered one. Oh and I do not do Yahoo leagues anymore since about 03 cause it is a terrible interface.

Take it easy dude. I'm not saying your not an expert because you don't have a yahoo profile. I'm holding free public leagues here and the only way I know how to screen managers is by their preformance in the yahoo profile. Besides, the term "expert," is used more to appease to the fantasy managers natural ego. what kind of managers do you think would sign up for a league called the "avg. joe's league?" Wwho know's, we might have a few rotoworld or mlb411 guys join up. That said, if a guy like Corey Swartz wanted to join then i think we could give him a pass given the dude has his own show. Other than that it wouldnt be fair to the other managers if I let someone in that didn't have the profile.

I'll join...my name is dru_42 in yahoo...been playing for years and have a pretty good %.

If I play in a lot of private leagues and I do well, does that positively affect your %?

Or is the % only based on public leagues?

thx,

dru

any league you play effects your percentage. private or public.

I put together 8 "expert" baseball leagues in yahoo this year. The reason is call them expert is because all mangers must have at least 1 year experience with a win percentage above 70%. These league's have proven more competitive than past pay leagues. I think the reason is because managers care more about the sacred win percentage they've put together over the years more than the $20 they put into your pay league. This makes for a very active and competitive league. Aside from the requirements there is more to play for than just gold. Details below.

1. Must have 70% win percentage and at least one year experience. I define these league's as "Expert."

2. I'm holding a total of 8 "Expert" leagues. Those that make the playoffs will be invited to what I'll call "AE leagues," next year. (advanced expert)

3. Those who don't make the playoffs will be invited to the "E-League's" the following year. (so long as they still qualify) Those that would like to be invited to the "AE" leagues and will be put on a waiting list. If there are any AE managers that pass on the invite to the AE league's you'll be able to take their place.

We will playing this format in future baseball, football and basketball league's.

This is a long term operation folks so if you guys are looking for long term fantasy buddies this is the ticket. I'd like to get to the point where there is a 3rd level after "AE." It'd be nice if we can have the group hold a live (in person) draft. (miami, vegas, new york) Respond to this thread if you would like to play.

My win percentage got screwed by football salary cap game i joined in week 15 two years ago ... but I'm still over 70 percent thats for sure ... count me in for one.

My win percentage got screwed by football salary cap game i joined in week 15 two years ago ... but I'm still over 70 percent thats for sure ... count me in for one.

awesome. email me.

My win % would be well over 70% if not for madness pick 'em brackets, that I refuse to do ever ever again. Damn it.

My winning percentage is like 60% or something. Damn you survivor football..always messing with me.

My winning percentage is like 60% or something. Damn you survivor football..always ******** with me.

I think there should be a third way to join... like contribution to this site or something.

My winning percentage is like 60% or something. Damn you survivor football..always ******** with me.

guys tend to not mind win percentages in the 60's so long as you have a nice trophy rack.

guys tend to not mind win percentages in the 60's so long as you have a nice trophy rack.

did you get my email

Are we going by winning % in all sports or just baseball? Same question regarding trophies.

Are we going by winning % in all sports or just baseball? Same question regarding trophies.

we go by win percentage and trophies for all sports.

we go by win percentage and trophies for all sports.

Did you get my email? Subject line Expresso from Roto. thx.

Did you get my email? Subject line Expresso from Roto. thx.

yeah i got it. i send you the invite.

for anyone that wants to play that meets the requirements the league info is below.

league ID# 352964

password football

for anyone that wants to play that meets the requirements the league info is below.

league ID# 352964

password football

Hey 1stplace, you listen to the 411? Are you a regular?

I joined up.

Predictably, I'm nickname: "BlackLagooner" with the team name "The Black Lagooners". Official yahoo ID is "getdrunkatmagoos".

Let me know if that is confusing. B)

My win % is at an all-time low and paltry 62%, due to stupid March Madness and having just signed up for a bunch of football leagues, which inexplicably lowers your % (which is totally stupid).

I have 15 trophies for that ID though (and more under others, but this is the one I use the most), and a few more on the way OF COURSE :) .

Thanks for the opportunity!

Hey I joined your league, team name - K. Juice - not sure if I have the qualifitcations you are looking for because I just started using Yahoo! a year or so ago. Feel free to kick me out if you want, it won't hurt my feelings.