Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smoove002

Bill Simmons' Book of Basketball

for anyone whos already read the book - i know he makes several references to the usual suspects and keyser soze. i think he titled a chapter 'The Legend of Keyser Soze' which im coming up to soon....

anyways, i havnt seen the usual suspects and was wondering if i shouldnt read this chapter until ive seen it incase he ruins the movie for me...

lol....

Not sure. I will say though, that the "Usual Suspects" is a must see if you have never. But i would not worry about Simmon's book ruining the movie. I could be wrong but IMO he could reference Keyser Soze a thousand times and you would still not really understand the connection.

Interested in the Book though....think i gotta pick it up, how is it so far?

lol....

Not sure. I will say though, that the "Usual Suspects" is a must see if you have never. But i would not worry about Simmon's book ruining the movie. I could be wrong but IMO he could reference Keyser Soze a thousand times and you would still not really understand the connection.

Interested in the Book though....think i gotta pick it up, how is it so far?

really really good. i highly recommend it if your a basketball junkie like me. i get a little disinterested when he talks about really old 50s and 60s nba/aba but he theres usually a couple funny anecdotes he tells. he also makes a bunch of jokes that have gotten me to laugh out loud. i remember after reading the intro i was pretty pumped up... idk its just the way he writes, gets me pumped up haha