Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smk1363

REGGIE MILLER COMEBACK?

Rotoworld -

Reggie Miller says he is contemplating a return to the NBA, this time with the Boston Celtics.

Miller will be 42 at the end of the month and retired with the Pacers in 2005. Danny Ainge and coach Doc Rivers have asked him to think about joining the new-look C's in a reserve role, playing about 15 minutes per game backing up Ray Allen. Miller is interested, but also nervous about how his body will hold up. However, the lure of a possible championship may override those concerns. If the Celtics were to win it all this year, it would be a storybook ending for first-time champions Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Allen and possibly Miller.

No no no no no... Reg, just stay away, stay retired! I wonder how Pacer fans feel about this.

Amazing how the C's went from painfully young to potentially very old in a matter of months.

Rotoworld -

If the Celtics were to win it all this year, it would be a storybook ending for first-time champions Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Allen and possibly Miller.

Whomever wrote this, i heart you. If you had told me I'd read that sentence 3 months ago I'd laugh in your face. go C's!!!

Amazing how the C's went from painfully young to potentially very old in a matter of months.

Yeah, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The NBA is a veterans league. You just can't win without them.

Yeah, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The NBA is a veterans league. You just can't win without them.

What does it matter if theyre old I agree. The plan is to win now and this is their best shot since the days when Bird still played. Miller is a 1 year rental anyways.

U think ur gettin a break when Ray Ray sits down with 2 fouls early in the game and then Miller comes runnin in. Oh geez.

What does it matter if theyre old I agree. The plan is to win now and this is their best shot since the days when Bird still played. Miller is a 1 year rental anyways.

U think ur gettin a break when Ray Ray sits down with 2 fouls early in the game and then Miller comes runnin in. Oh geez.

Daaaaaamn......as much as I dislike Miller, that sounds fun.

I'm sure he still has the coniditioning and all the other make up to make a come back, but if I want a ring I'm finding a way to get on the Spurs not the Celtics. I do like what the Celtics have done though.

I'd like to see them pick up a veteran PG though, maybe a Sam Cassell or that type

I don't want Miller Time to come back, my favorite player or not, it will just taint his legacy by joining another team except the Pacers, if you ask me.

But I'm biased, my favorite team is the Pacers, and I don't want my favorite player to go to the Cs. Haha..

My favorite active player and favorite player on 1 team, though, KG and Miller. What a trip

I'd like to see them pick up a veteran PG though, maybe a Sam Cassell or that type

Well at the moment their running with Rondo, Eddie House and Gabe Pruitt (draft pick). I don't know that they'll carry a 4th.

I know its old, but this would be awesome....anyone hear anything more about this? It'd help make the non-baseball/football months this coming year more interesting, especially being in Boston.

He sounds like he's really going for it and Garnett is really pushing for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in green come fall.