Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cellar-dweller

2005 draft OF vs. 2003 draft OF

What do you guys think of the OF class from 2003 compared to the OF class from 2005. The top players IMO from those drafts are:

2003 - D. Young, Markakis, Milledge, Jones, Quentin

and

2005 - Upton, Maybin, Bruce, McCutchen

Those were all first round selections. Who do you think has the highest ceiling, and who will be the best MLB player? Also, which draft will be proven to have had a better OF class?

I think the best careers will belong to:

1. D. Young

2. Upton

3. Maybin

4. Markakis

5. Bruce

6. Milledge

7. McCutchen

8. Jones

9. Quentin

By that list I guess I have to say I think the '05 class was a bit stronger. What do you all think?

Upton will by far have a better career than Delmon and I much strongly favor the 05 class.

I think Young can be a top 5 player in time, but Upton *and* Maybin also have that potential, and both Maybin & Upton can become the best fantasy players in the game at their peak, and Bruce is going to a power monster. Plus, Upton is much closer than Young (needs more plate discipline) and Maybin (needs more time) to reach top 5 status. Add to the 2 mega-studs the power monster in Bruce, that's one helluva trio from 2005.

I don't see anyone with that potential in the rest of the 2003 class, although I see a lot of top 25 - top 50 talent there.

The 2003 class is great, but I'd take the 2005 class, no doubt about it.

05' in a land slide. The class has a chance to have 2 guys (Bruce and Upton) to go from A ball to the Bigs in one season. Last time it happened was Andrew Jones and Vlad.

05 for sure just based on Upton, Bruce, Maybin, and Mccuthen. Those four guys will be superstars. The only outfielder in the 03 class who will be a superstar is Delmon and for fantasy purposes he doesnt steal bases. I love the top four from the 05 class and think that it will go down as a truly legendary class that we will not see for a long time. All four of those guys have hall of fame talent. It will be a treat to watch all four of them for years to come. It would be a push between the 03 and 05 class even if you take all four of them out with Ellsbury, Buck, and Rasmus.

Mccuthen promoted to AAA today to match Maybin's move to the majors. 2005 high outfielders are now all in the majors or AAA.

Mccuthen promoted to AAA today to match Maybin's move to the majors. 2005 high outfielders are now all in the majors or AAA.

Why does everyone keep forgetting Rasmus? He's still in AA.