Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mixmasterjeff

2 weeks to prepare for playoffs. Strategies??

I locked up the overall #2 seed and have a first round bye. Nothing to really play for this week so any ww adds will be based around weeks 15/16. Just wondering if anyone here could offer any further advice going forward...

Depth depth and more depth.

Keep other managers from getting the "Westbrook's" of the NFL.

Look over your roster. Ask yourself for each backup player ... if you cut that guy and your opponent picked him up and played him against you ... would that worry you? If not, then that guy is expendable.

Use those spots to pick up players that are a threat to heat up in the next few weeks. Pay closer attention to players that are in positions of weakness (including good players that have bad matchups) for your opponent.

Now is the time to do in-depth homework on your team and your potential opponent's team. For all the key players look for two things in the last few weeks: opportunities in the red zone and 20+ yard plays. Those are the best predictors of TDs. TD's usually make the difference in the fantasy playoffs.

Look over your roster. Ask yourself for each backup player ... if you cut that guy and your opponent picked him up and played him against you ... would that worry you? If not, then that guy is expendable.

Use those spots to pick up players that are a threat to heat up in the next few weeks. Pay closer attention to players that are in positions of weakness (including good players that have bad matchups) for your opponent.

Now is the time to do in-depth homework on your team and your potential opponent's team. For all the key players look for two things in the last few weeks: opportunities in the red zone and 20+ yard plays. Those are the best predictors of TDs. TD's usually make the difference in the fantasy playoffs.

Gee thanks for the cliches! B)

+1 (from a saddened gore owner)

yeah but would you have had snagged Westy or Dixon? Don't feel bad because I too at the suggestion of just about every expert held on to Dixon and was obviously proven wrong last night.

It's a game of frustrating decisions.

yeah but would you have had snagged Westy or Dixon? Don't feel bad because I too at the suggestion of just about every expert held on to Dixon and was obviously proven wrong last night.

It's a game of frustrating decisions.

would rather have dixon than the guys im looking at picking up this week (choice, gerhart, hart, etc).

Westy is a farce in my opinion.

The Cards D is pathetic...I wouldn't put too much stock into his performance on Monday night.

lol farce? the guy fits perfectly in this offense..he is gore-light if there ever was such a thing. we're talking about 1 of 3(?) running backs of ALL TIME to catch 90 balls in a season (2007, NOT that far off)

farce that he wont duplicate 18 of 140? maybe maybe not..you sure as hell don't know the answer to that

fact of the matter is that while healthy westbrook will get the bulk of carries on a run-first squad and we'll continue to throw swing passes more than anyone in the NFL as well. dixon came in to run the clock out under 3mins left in 4th quarter

westBROKE will prove he's got somethin left.....if he doesn't get broken first

aka, 2 weeks to prepare for playoffs, get westy

Gee thanks for the cliches! B)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

Handcuff and backups. Im set at wr with andre, roddy, bmw, knox.

i dropped jgraham, torain, keilan, blair

picking up: snelling, d.ward, k.darby (darby n ward my cuffs') and one other rb. might even drop my kicker too or some1 else marginal. im making all plays hoping to hit it big. look for bernard scott types.

roster defenses that have the best matchups from weeks 14-16.

giants d have been pretty solid over the year, but i'm dropping them since they have GB and PHI on the schedule

Stockpile the best of the rest. Depth!

(If you can store a player on your bench so that your playoff opponent can't have him, all the better. Yes, it's greed at it's finest...but you want to win.)

roster defenses that have the best matchups from weeks 14-16.

giants d have been pretty solid over the year, but i'm dropping them since they have GB and PHI on the schedule

Uh ... the Giants just played PHI and posted 8 points.

They rely on sacks and TOs to score points. That's the kind of fantasy defense you want in the playoffs. Much more reliable than shutting other teams down.

They rely on sacks and TOs to score points. That's the kind of fantasy defense you want in the playoffs. Much more reliable than shutting other teams down.

Uh... actually the Giants just played jacksonville. know what you're talking about before you post.

Uh... actually the Giants just played jacksonville. know what you're talking about before you post.

Uh...ya they just played Philly Nov 21st. Maybe use your own thoughts towards yourself... B)

oh my goodness...i'm not going to even explain.

I have the Giants D and have for a while. They have done nothing in a long time to warrant a play in the playoffs against those offenses. They were terrible against Jax until the last few minutes. They would have been terrible against Philly accept for a few dropped TD passes. A big problem with the Giants D is the offense on their team isn't playing well and keeps turning the ball over.

The reality is the playoffs arent different from any other week in how you handle it. You look on waivers for players to improve your roster and you pick the best lineup you can. I mean if you really arent happy with your QB situation maybe you try to get Flacco or even Collins who play against Houston in weeks 14 and 15 or something like that but theres a limited amount you can really do at this point in the season.

if you've been monitoring the giants D lately, they haven't done jack s*** ....the jags moved the ball on them with ease on their own turf....they're not a very reliable defense for the playoffs....they did nothing special vs. PHI...as someone already mentioned, two dropped passes in the endzone by PHI made the game look a lot closer than it should've been.

i'd much rather go with a DST that has easier matchups than the Giants.

pick up the cowboys D if they're available. they get the skins at home in week 15, and @cardinals in week 16. 7th and 3rd in opposing defenses scoring. and dallas' special teams are pretty darn good too with dez back there. no way i would start them in weeks 13 and 14(@ind and phi), but you wanna beat the rush.

if you've been monitoring the giants D lately, they haven't done jack s*** ....the jags moved the ball on them with ease on their own turf....they're not a very reliable defense for the playoffs....they did nothing special vs. PHI...as someone already mentioned, two dropped passes in the endzone by PHI made the game look a lot closer than it should've been.

i'd much rather go with a DST that has easier matchups than the Giants.

I still look at the Giants DST as a fantasy option. They've been safe but not anything special. I can't understand how they still don't have a single TD.