Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mixmasterjeff

2 weeks to prepare for playoffs. Strategies??

I still look at the Giants DST as a fantasy option. They've been safe but not anything special. I can't understand how they still don't have a single TD.

they're safe vs. avg teams, but are they safe vs. GB and PHI in the fantasy playoffs? highly doubt that.

pick up the cowboys D if they're available. they get the skins at home in week 15, and @cardinals in week 16. 7th and 3rd in opposing defenses scoring. and dallas' special teams are pretty darn good too with dez back there. no way i would start them in weeks 13 and 14(@ind and phi), but you wanna beat the rush.

It's good advice in theory, but Dallas has really struggled to force turnovers in recent history.

It's good advice in theory, but Dallas has really struggled to force turnovers in recent history.

in the 3 games since wade's been gone(new D coordinator) they've forced 7 turnovers, and have 2 TD's against above average competition-NYG, DET, NO

in the 3 games since wade's been gone(new D coordinator) they've forced 7 turnovers, and have 2 TD's against above average competition-NYG, DET, NO

And in the two seasons before those games they did nothing. Small sample size, but bank on them if you wish.

And in the two seasons before those games they did nothing. Small sample size, but bank on them if you wish.

I think 3 games is enough of an indicator to stash Dallas considering the fantasy playoffs don't start for at least another week or two in most leagues. So most people can gauge whether they'll be a good play for the last few weeks if they do decently this week fantasy wise.

I have the Philadelphia D but I may sit them for Dallas week 15, mainly because I don't want my quarterback (Eli) basically negating anything my defense does by scoring touchdowns.

I'm also looking at St. Louis for week 15 and 16, but I don't think it's a strong play, just more of a solid play.

The difference is that those three games have come since the coaching change. It's obvious that the Cowboys as a whole are playing much better under new leadership. Dallas obviously is one of the more talented teams in the league, so that 3 game sample is good enough for me to consider grabbing them for the playoffs.