Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Decision Day

We're about 15 miuntes away from finding out who witll be hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

The 2018 tournament is expected to go to England, but other European nations are in the mix; David Beckham has been prominent as an ambassador for England.

The US is, of course, up for the 2022 tournament, with Qatar and Australia posing the strongest challenges. The US has the infratructure and stadiums in place to handle it, the others have money and territorial alliances in theirs.

All I know is that I want to be celebrating my 50th birthday at a World Cup match at the Linc....c'mon FIFA, help me out!

I'm hearing that the 2018 vote still isn't done yet...Team England is getting really nervous.

2018 voting goes to 3rd round.....Russia eliminated.

Word is filtering out that England was voted out in the 1st round.

Spanish radio is apprently reporting that Russia will actually win the 2018 tournament.

Sky Sports says Russia 2018, and Qatar 2022.

Well, money talked and FIFA listened.

They'll pat themselves on the back for "helping out that region" in awarding the 2018 Cup to Russia, and will probably say something similar about Qatar, who now gets to build air-conditioned stadia in which to play the games.

I feel bad for us, but worse for the English, who was referenced a couple of times as the home of the game...just before they were snubbed.

Harrumph.