Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mixmasterjeff

Seriously considering Tebow to counter Vick in Championship game...

I have never do anything like this but Vick scares the **** out of me. I've stuck with Rivers all year but this week I may just have to roll the dice and start Tebow vs. Houston. San Deigo is @ Cininatti, and while I think Rivers will have a good game, 18 points just aint going to get it done.. We are pretty even other than the Vick factor. I think there is like a 30% chance Tebow could run and throw for multiple TD's next week, I think this might be my only shot...

Thoughts??

So you think Tebow has more potential for a monster game than Rivers? I disagree. Plus you don't even know that Vick will go off again. Don't outsmart yourself.

I'm thinking about Tebow as well but only because I've been using Kitna and my opponent has not only Vick but Witten and Austin. If you have Rivers, then I agree with the previous poster about not out thinking yourself. On the other hand, Rivers will be on the road and in the cold so you might just want to leave Rivers and wait on the weather.

Not so sure this is such a great idea. Rivers outscored Tebow this week and I doubt u can expect 40 yard rushing TDs from Tebow every week.

The matchup is great but he only threw the ball about 14 times right?

Idk, seems like a big risk just to tack on some rushing yards at your qb slot. I would stick with the safer play, Rivers.

Rivers is the #2 qb in my league, He is above Vick by .9 because vick was injured and Rivers obviously doesn't score as many ppg as Vick but wouldn't you want to start the #2 QB over a rookies second start?

I rolled with brees this week (29 pts in my league) and I am currently winning against the Vick (47 pts) owner. Just put out your best players and wish for the best.

Tebow could outscore Rivers but I personally don't believe he will.

So you think Tebow has more potential for a monster game than Rivers? I disagree. Plus you don't even know that Vick will go off again. Don't outsmart yourself.

I think the Tebow point celing is higher in a monster game given his rushing cababilities, he's at home, & the fact that the Houston D beyond terrible...

I think the Tebow point celing is higher in a monster game given his rushing cababilities, he's at home, & the fact that the Houston D beyond terrible...

I agree. But wouldnt it suck if Vick has a mediocre game and Tebow sucks too. Rivers could be on your bench with 300 and 3 TDs lol.

Play Rivers!

its a risk, but if you feel its necessary, go for it. I might have the same problem next week as well (down by 4 with CHI D going tonight). I think im sticking with rivers though, trust the team that got you there.

Don't know if Vick will go off again? Yeah he's only averaging like 26.8 per game in my league and that's counting the game against the Redskins that he went out in the first quarter. If you throw that game out he's putting up almost 30 per game through TEN games. What exactly do you consider "going off"?

Don't get cute. Go with what's gotten you this far.

FWIW, In my Standard Yahoo league with -1 for an int, Tebow outscored Rivers last week. I wouldn't start him over Rivers but if you have a middling QB and are behind and need to gamble I don't think he is that bad of a play.