Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

"Cloverfield"

For anyone who has seen the mysterious trailer attached to the "Transformers" movie has got to wondering...What the hell is Cloverfield? And I am wondering the same thing. I watched the trailer and was just completely lost on what its about. JJ Abrams, the producer, has been secretly filming a movie in New York City (Props for keepin it all kinds of secret) and will not let out any information except for what is in the trailer and that it is a monster movie. Cloverfield is scheduled to come out on January 18, 2008, which is also one of many thought about titles for the movie that has yet to be named. (Other possibles - Cloverfield, 1-18-08, The Parasite, Slusho, Colossus, Overnight, Monstrous) Cloverfield is the name of the street that Abrams has an office on.

So my questions to you who have seen or heard about this movie:

1. What do you think the title is?

2. What do you think the monster(s) is?

3. What do you think will happen?

JJ Abrams said he wanted to make a monster that Americans can be proud of, like on how proud the Japanese are proud of Godzilla, he wanted to completely down-size Godzilla with this movie.

i've read a couple of articles on this, and from what i gather, it's shot almost entirely with hand-held cameras, so as to show the invasion from the perspective of the invadees (i just made that up).

i've seen a couple of titles: "Monstrous", and "The Parasite".

i don't know nearly enough to wager a guess about anything else, but the trailer looks veeery promising.

....but bring your Dramamine.

i was going to make a thread on this a few days back, in all honesty i think it is going to be rampage based on the video game form the 80's and was just recently remade for PS2 i believe. the reason behind my believe is in rampage the monsters were originally humans who were mutated by some kind of drink. there is a website slusho.com i believe that tells the history of the creator of slusho. i know it's a fictional beverage but it just my opinion that somehow this website is linked or just one big smoke screen. abrams was on howard stern a few months back, maybe even a year i don't recall the time frame, and said that he was working on a film that he had always wanted to get his hands on, could this be the film?, is it a lost offshoot?, will our trusty hero overcome such obstacles? find out next week on danger mouse

For those of you who didn't see transformers you might have missed this trailer, here it is and a news clip about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsLD_KlQrw

I for one am very excited since it produced by the same guy who does Lost. Anyone here any new info on this lately? What do you guys think it's about? Possibly the blacklagooner?

I work at a movie theatre for the time being and I watched the second trailer on Wednesday that is attached to Beowulf. (Beowulf sux) And the name of the movie is...CLOVERFIELD...(Thank god cuz the other names sucked) and yea the second trailer is sick. You see the silhouette of a small monster and a bunch of other stuff. WHOOT WHOOT!!!

I work at a movie theatre for the time being and I watched the second trailer on Wednesday that is attached to Beowulf. (Beowulf sux)

I was thinking about going to see this. Tell me more about it please?

monster movie......Godzilla-ish.

i saw the trailer and it looks intriguing.

It's a giant whale-monster thing...and it's gonna have man-sized parasites clinging to it's skin that fall off and kill us!

And the whole thing is shot Blair-Witch style.

And it's JJ Abrams (Lost) so of course it's gonna be hyped perfectly on the internet and everyone is gonna be dying to see this monster.

i thought it was about some sort of Bacteria... Ed u wanna enlighten us?

Bacteria dosen't rip the head off the Statue of Liberty

It's a giant whale-monster thing...and it's gonna have man-sized parasites clinging to it's skin that fall off and kill us!

And the whole thing is shot Blair-Witch style.

And it's JJ Abrams (Lost) so of course it's gonna be hyped perfectly on the internet and everyone is gonna be dying to see this monster.

ahhh so my bacteria theory wasn't far off.... ic i guess Green Peace created a monster!!!!!

I have wanted to see this very badly for a long time, and I will go to it when it comes out. But the Blair Witch style filiming might drive me crazy, I hope it doesn't ruin it for me.

I have wanted to see this very badly for a long time, and I will go to it when it comes out. But the Blair Witch style filiming might drive me crazy, I hope it doesn't ruin it for me.

what does that quote have to do with Cloverfield?

I am about as interested in seeing this movie as I would be about passing a kidney stone.

what does that quote have to do with Cloverfield?

LOL wtf, that definitly wasn't supposed to be quoted in this thread.

LOL wtf, that definitly wasn't supposed to be quoted in this thread.

im curious as to how u got it here, since u can't quote it from this thread haha

I am about as interested in seeing this movie as I would be about passing a kidney stone.

It might totally suck...I'd go so far as to say it most likely will. I am a big Godzilla fan though, and Abrams has said he wants to make an American monster who can compete. Plus I'm a big lost fan so he's got me there too

It might totally suck...I'd go so far as to say it most likely will. I am a big Godzilla fan though, and Abrams has said he wants to make an American monster who can compete. Plus I'm a big lost fan so he's got me there too

I'm a huge Lost fan too. And to be honest I don't think it's gonna be a great movie, but I do think it will be very entertaining.

im curious as to how u got it here, since u can't quote it from this thread haha

Lol I hit quote when I was gonna say something in the Hub thread and then I got a little sidetracked and forgot what I was gonna say. I guess I didn't unlick the quote box.

Lol I hit quote when I was gonna say something in the Hub thread and then I got a little sidetracked and forgot what I was gonna say. I guess I didn't unlick the quote box.

hm, i didnt know it would carry over, interesting

i thought it was about some sort of Bacteria... Ed u wanna enlighten us?

Ok there is a guy in the trailer named Robbie Hawkins correct? Well in the first trailer they are throwing him a going away party because he is going to Japan on a buisness trip for his Slusho company. Slusho is a type of drink (introduced by Abrams) and he is going to market it. However (Speculated) due to construction something is awakened from underneath the ocean bed which has been there for centuries, once awakened it wreaks hell on New York City. What Slusho is a drink, a drink with these little things inside of it then when it has been drank these things make your eyes, nose, mouth and ears bleed out. Eventually these little monster things form inside a body and then comes out by basically slicing and dicing his way out of the body (2nd trailer, silhouette against the tent) And then the army is called in and must stop it.

This is what the majority of people are thinking is going to happen

Ok there is a guy in the trailer named Robbie Hawkins correct? Well in the first trailer they are throwing him a going away party because he is going to Japan on a buisness trip for his Slusho company. Slusho is a type of drink (introduced by Abrams) and he is going to market it. However (Speculated) due to construction something is awakened from underneath the ocean bed which has been there for centuries, once awakened it wreaks hell on New York City. What Slusho is a drink, a drink with these little things inside of it then when it has been drank these things make your eyes, nose, mouth and ears bleed out. Eventually these little monster things form inside a body and then comes out by basically slicing and dicing his way out of the body (2nd trailer, silhouette against the tent) And then the army is called in and must stop it.

This is what the majority of people are thinking is going to happen

That makes me believe this will be either entertaing or just ridiculous.

this one movie that I am really anticipating. my girlfriend thinks i'm a weird-o for constantly talking about this movie. whatever it is as god as the trailer makes it out to look