Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

"Cloverfield"

Just saw trailer on TV for first time...honestly didn't know what to think...didn't look too closely but are there any big names in it?

Just saw trailer on TV for first time...honestly didn't know what to think...

check out

.....it was the trailer shown before the Transformers movie, and is much more cryptic and spooky.
didn't look too closely but are there any big names in it?

no.... according to imdb.com, the leads are TV actors best known for, respectively: The Black Donnellys, Grounded for Life, The Class, and Life As We Know It.

no.... according to imdb.com, the leads are TV actors best known for, respectively: The Black Donnellys, Grounded for Life, The Class, and Life As We Know It.

I really hope its the chick from the Black Donnellys, as she was really, really hot.

I have no clue who the lead is, Michael David Stahl

Mike Vogel played in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with Jessica Biel...He is the one who got his leg sawed off then Biel stabbed him in the basement of Leatherfaces house.

Lizzy Caplan played the goth friend of Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls

Jessica Lucas is the newest face to CSI. She is the new character Ronnie Lake who basically replaced Jorja Fox's character, Sara Sidle.

As far as I know of, I do believe Blake Lively is in Cloverfield as well. She played Monica Moreland (Last name check?) in the movie Accepted with Justin Long and Jonah Hill. She was the hot blonde and Jonah Hill "thinks about when he masterb...."

I do believe that is the main cast but, ya never know and there ya go

As far as I know of, I do believe Blake Lively is in Cloverfield as well. She played Monica Moreland (Last name check?) in the movie Accepted with Justin Long and Jonah Hill. She was the hot blonde and Jonah Hill "thinks about when he masterb...."

love that movie

I really hope its the chick from the Black Donnellys, as she was really, really hot.

nope, it's the lead male lead, Michael Stahl-David.

]Mike Vogel played in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with Jessica Biel...He is the one who got his leg sawed off then Biel stabbed him in the basement of Leatherfaces house.

i didn't see that one.....i just remember his as "Dean" from GFL...he was Lily's drummer b/f for a while, before she wound up with the guy from Reaper.

Thanks for the trailer, Timmah...not sure about the hand-held camera angles (Blair Witch reference)...always makes me nauseous...intriguing movie, though...

Going right after my last class friday

cant wait

anybody else?

could it be a new age godzilla film?

Sweet!

cant wait

anybody else?

lol, i thought for some reason it came back today. Well i was wrong. I mite c it sunday don't know. I wanna hear what others have to say about it. Remember I am Legend looked great from previews but the movie itself wasn't that great!

lol, i thought for some reason it came back today. Well i was wrong. I mite c it sunday don't know. I wanna hear what others have to say about it. Remember I am Legend looked great from previews but the movie itself wasn't that great!

i thought I Am Legend was good. hype is a bad thing, it makes people expect more than can reasonably be delivered.

Like the critic who said that American Gangster was this generations Scarface.

woops

Ya it's wasn't close. But to be fair it was a true story so they couldn't add alot of needed violence if it wasn't there.

This thread is a joke, right?

From the commercials, it looks like "The Blair With Project" meets a B disaster film. I am not one to critique sci -fi movies though, being I refuse to watch them. I do hope you guys that are into them enjoy this though though. I plan on seeing "There will be Blood " or "Charlie Wilsons War".

Like the critic who said that American Gangster was this generations Scarface.

woops

there it is, any movie i go to watch that is being hyped, i look for some bad reviews first, so i can free myself of the hype and just enjoy the movie for what it is...entertainment.

From the commercials, it looks like "The Blair With Project" meets a B disaster film. I am not one to critique sci -fi movies though, being I refuse to watch them. I do hope you guys that are into them enjoy this though though. I plan on seeing "There will be Blood " or "Charlie Wilsons War".

to each his own, i love sci-fi/horror films. im gonna be seeing this film soon.

Both of those will be better movies, but I would rather not sit through either of them in the theatre. I plan on seeing Cloverfield mostly because i'm curious and JJ Abrams produced it.

To each their own. If you don't like sci-fi, you don't like sci-fi. I myself enjoy almost every genre. I just care about good story writing. I plan on watching all 3 movies in due time - Cloverfield, There Will Be Blood, & Charlie Wilson's War.

cloverfield looks dumb as hell. i'll be checking out "the orphanage"

cloverfield looks dumb as hell. i'll be checking out "the orphanage"

I like the ads for Cloverfield & I also want to see The Orphanage as well. I believe Guillermo del Toro is a producer of that film & I love his work as a director. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone see Pan's Labyrinth, a del Toro film that has become one of my all-time favorite movies.

panimage~15.jpg

From the previews it looks like it is going to be a let down. I will download it after it comes out...

Hype always takes away from good movies.

cant wait

anybody else?

Oh, a review would be appreciated after you see it on Friday! B)

Oh, a review would be appreciated after you see it on Friday! B)

No problem...I actually might go tonight at midnight, not sure yet. But the first showing tomorrow is at 1pm so ill go then

and i will let you guys know what i thought.

dude I souped when I saw the first trailer for this movie and now my excitement is starting to die down a bit. i think it has potential to be pretty good but I don't know how I feel about the whole shot in first person thing. hopefully it's worth the price of admission

My friend who also works with me at the theater got to tech (Watch the movie before the release date to make sure it runs well for the audience) the movie yesterday and said it was worth the hype. He gave the movie a 9 of 10