Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

"Cloverfield"

I'm goin to the 7:40 showing.... not exactly excited about it, I kinda expect an Americanized Godzilla flick

This thread is a joke, right?

From the commercials, it looks like "The Blair With Project" meets a B disaster film. I am not one to critique sci -fi movies though, being I refuse to watch them. I do hope you guys that are into them enjoy this though though. I plan on seeing "There will be Blood " or "Charlie Wilsons War".

The Missus and I caught "Juno" last weekend.....nice little flick. It was funny and good acting.

Going tonight. I expect something along the lines of Blair Witch meets Godzilla.

Going tonight. I expect something along the lines of Blair Witch meets Godzilla.

Oh and not too mention the camera gave me a friggen headache

Oh and not too mention the camera gave me a friggen headache

haha how close did you sit? I had that problem for Transformers close to the screen.

haha how close did you sit? I had that problem for Transformers close to the screen.

I always sit in the front row, but the camera moved just way, WAY to damn much, I was annoyed by it about 30 mins in

Philly Daily News gave it a B-

Despite the grade, the review was hardly glowing, so I think I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix.

Philly Daily News gave it a B-

Despite the grade, the review was hardly glowing, so I think I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix.

I would not think less of you

I always sit in the front row, but the camera moved just way, WAY to damn much, I was annoyed by it about 30 mins in

I hate that feeling I usually sit atleast half way back or I get that feeling no matter what.

I hate that feeling I usually sit atleast half way back or I get that feeling no matter what.

I like being in the movie. As close as I can get without being to close, and the surround sound all around me, it like takes you in, if the movie is good

I like being in the movie. As close as I can get without being to close, and the surround sound all around me, it like takes you in, if the movie is good

I hear ya there. I typically hit up the IMAX for that feeling or smoke before hand even. haha

wow, that was bad.

dont pay for his movie... im sure glad i didnt

Special Effects A

Acting C

Storyline C-

I could rattle on and on about how bad this movie was so many things that were wrong and didnt make sense.

wow, that was bad.

dont pay for his movie... im sure glad i didnt

Special Effects A

Acting C

Storyline C-

I could rattle on and on about how bad this movie was so many things that were wrong and didnt make sense.

This is why your cool

This is why your cool

honestly, i think i could just go on and on about the things that were wrong with this, but i think ill wait till either people see it for themselves (please dont make that mistake) or people riot in the streets to have it removed like Hostel II

not lookin good, i can wait for the $2 theatre

mmm... i still can't say its worth the price of admission, unless you absolutely love special effects.

mmm... i still can't say its worth the price of admission, unless you absolutely love special effects.

Considering that you're one of the more positive guys that posts on these boards, I'll take your review a bit more to heart.

I'm staying far away, lol.

Considering that you're one of the more positive guys that posts on these boards, I'll take your review a bit more to heart.

I'm staying far away, lol.

I'm pretty harsh about my movie criticism, so if you really had your heart set on seeing this film, by all means check it out. I would recommend a matinee price however. It has ALOT of really impressive special effects, I would have thought that Michael Bay directed it. I understand that movies have to 'fake' things to get them to work, but when I see someone on a cell phone, when power is out in NY, AND he is in a subway system... those things just don't add up to me, and this movie was full of those instances.

There really was no plot worth seeing a movie over, and some of the scenes really make you wonder why the writers tried to make certain things work. BUT if you can put those things aside, and purely try to be entertained by the flashing lights and sounds, then you would enjoy this movie.... Personally, I did not. But again, I'm only 1 person and everyone is free to have their own opinion about something.

Just got back it was like Blair Witch on steroids. Me and my friends were trying to figure out what it was and we came to the conclusion that it was Britney Spears partying in Manhattan. Movie sucked by the way. If you hated Blair Witch, you'll hate this. I should be posting in the drunk thread for a sidenote. Goodnight Now!

I'm expecting this movie to suck but yet i'm still going. I have a soft spot for movies with mass destruction.

I'm expecting this movie to suck but yet i'm still going. I have a soft spot for movies with mass destruction.

then you'll definately enjoy the special effects... one of the lone bright spots

I'm pretty harsh about my movie criticism, so if you really had your heart set on seeing this film, by all means check it out. I would recommend a matinee price however. It has ALOT of really impressive special effects, I would have thought that Michael Bay directed it. I understand that movies have to 'fake' things to get them to work, but when I see someone on a cell phone, when power is out in NY, AND he is in a subway system... those things just don't add up to me, and this movie was full of those instances.

There really was no plot worth seeing a movie over, and some of the scenes really make you wonder why the writers tried to make certain things work. BUT if you can put those things aside, and purely try to be entertained by the flashing lights and sounds, then you would enjoy this movie.... Personally, I did not. But again, I'm only 1 person and everyone is free to have their own opinion about something.

Thank you RSD, I never in a million years would pay to watch this movie and you pretty much put the nail in the coffin to make sure I don't go see this movie. Sounds to me like this movie is somehow a bad version of "The Day After Tomorrow".