Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

"Cloverfield"

Thank you RSD, I never in a million years would pay to watch this movie and you pretty much put the nail in the coffin to make sure I don't go see this movie. Sounds to me like this movie is somehow a bad version of "The Day After Tomorrow".

Something like that... before I saw it, I posted that I thought it was gonna be an American-made glorified Godzilla flick.... I didn't realize how close I'd be to almost hitting the nail on the head.

I also saw Cloverfield last night. The special effects and the end were great but like RSD said the storyline was a bit weak. If I had to give it a grade I'd say B-. It wasn't that bad but it wasn't that good. I think I'm just a bit disappointed because I set such high expectations for the monster

I also saw Cloverfield last night. The special effects and the end were great but like RSD said the storyline was a bit weak. If I had to give it a grade I'd say B-. It wasn't that bad but it wasn't that good. I think I'm just a bit disappointed because I set such high expectations for the monster

Honestly, I think the movie would have been better if they went the Signs route, and didnt show the monster at all...

Honestly, I think the movie would have been better if they went the Signs route, and didnt show the monster at all...

you think? to be honest I thought were going to go that route but I was relieved when they did show it. On a side note Iron Man looks pretty badass. i'm not much of a movie goer but I may just go see that and it comes out my birthday weekend

you think? to be honest I thought were going to go that route but I was relieved when they did show it. On a side note Iron Man looks pretty badass. i'm not much of a movie goer but I may just go see that and it comes out my birthday weekend

Ya Ironman looks pretty good.... I'll end up seeing it eventually, maybe not first weekend but I'll get to it..... Did you see the Doomsday trailer? When I first saw it I thought it was gonna be the next movie after 28 Days Later > 28 Weeks Later > '28 Years Later' i thought once they said 2033.... but looks like an awkward mix of I Am Legend, Resident Evil, and the 28 series

Ya Ironman looks pretty good.... I'll end up seeing it eventually, maybe not first weekend but I'll get to it..... Did you see the Doomsday trailer? When I first saw it I thought it was gonna be the next movie after 28 Days Later > 28 Weeks Later > '28 Years Later' i thought once they said 2033.... but looks like an awkward mix of I Am Legend, Resident Evil, and the 28 series

no i didn't see the Doomsday trailer. I may have to check it out online

Was the monster ridiculous looking or was it scary? Don't think I'm going to bother with this one in the theaters...and Iron Man does look good...nice to see Robert Downey Jr. on the comeback trail...

I'd throw Road Warrior into the mix as well on that trailer.

Was the monster ridiculous looking or was it scary? Don't think I'm going to bother with this one in the theaters...and Iron Man does look good...nice to see Robert Downey Jr. on the comeback trail...

To me, it didn't look very original at all.... looked like a geeked out version of a Tremors monster

I could post a picture of it if you want.

The saddest part of the movie besides the movie itself...If you listen to the credits music, its Godzilla

Guys, im gonna save you your 9 bucks.

heres the big bad monster, "that doesnt resides my pants":

1390694335_f85169d353_b-custom.jpg

Guys, im gonna save you your 9 bucks.

heres the big bad monster, "that doesnt resides my pants":

1390694335_f85169d353_b-custom.jpg

ehh not to scary, looks alot like my last girlfriend, except she had a bigger butt, and had a kid...a kid that goes by the name of kevin.... B)

ehh not to scary, looks alot like my last girlfriend, except she had a bigger butt, and had a kid...a kid that goes by the name of kevin.... B)

i knew something was familiar

Just got home from it a little bit ago. I was actually kind of digging it up until the end. I do think it would have been alot better without the Blair Witch cam and if they gave us some closure. I give it a C-, If I were to watch it on DVD at my home i'd probably give it a D.

Just got home from it a little bit ago. I was actually kind of digging it up until the end. I do think it would have been alot better without the Blair Witch cam and if they gave us some closure. I give it a C-, If I were to watch it on DVD at my home i'd probably give it a D.

thats one thing that theaters do provide for your money....enhanced sound quality and much more flashy lights

thats one thing that theaters do provide for your money....enhanced sound quality and much more flashy lights

yea its never the same when i watch a dvd for the first time since seeing it in theaters, its always a letdown

yea its never the same when i watch a dvd for the first time since seeing it in theaters, its always a letdown

I actually have a really nice home stereo and TV but I rarely get to turn it up as much as i'd like to.

I saw it last night, and I didn't have any problems with the movie EXCEPT some of the things these people survived...If you saw the movie you know what I'm talking about, especially near the end. The camera didn't bother me too much, though I did feel sorta sick at the end. I did enjoy it, I personally thought they did a good job with the plot dealing with a Blair Witch camera deal.

The humor was probably my favorite part, it was thrown in there just when you needed it. I will attempt I jumped just as much as my girlfriend. Like I told my buddy last night, if you go wanting to hate this movie then you will hate it. After all it's just a movie, not a mind bending experience.

I saw it last night, and I didn't have any problems with the movie EXCEPT some of the things these people survived...If you saw the movie you know what I'm talking about, especially near the end. The camera didn't bother me too much, though I did feel sorta sick at the end. I did enjoy it, I personally thought they did a good job with the plot dealing with a Blair Witch camera deal.

The humor was probably my favorite part, it was thrown in there just when you needed it. I will attempt I jumped just as much as my girlfriend. Like I told my buddy last night, if you go wanting to hate this movie then you will hate it. After all it's just a movie, not a mind bending experience.

you have no idea how much that pisses me off.... cmon REBAR!?!?!?! tsk tsk tsk

the camera guy was funny tho...i can say that much....haha altho if u saw his face u know why he was behind the camera the whole movie

you have no idea how much that pisses me off.... cmon REBAR!?!?!?! tsk tsk tsk

the camera guy was funny tho...i can say that much....haha altho if u saw his face u know why he was behind the camera the whole movie

Yeah, the *spoiler-the helicopter crash pissed me off way more, I mean it would have been a much better movie if they ended it there I think...*

Yeah, haha. He has a face only his momma can love.

Why dont you just use spoiler tags man, much simpler then that? ( i dont really care, i seen it anyways, just sayin)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ooo

It was ok. There was a hot chick in it. I enjoyed when she was crawling on all fours to get up that slanted building.