Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

"Cloverfield"

It was ok. There was a hot chick in it. I enjoyed when she was crawling on all fours to get up that slanted building.

Yes...she was very nice.

So this was a good movie, Haven't seen it yet but have wanted to

It was ok. There was a hot chick in it. I enjoyed when she was crawling on all fours to get up that slanted building.

Jessica Lucas is hot

Odette Yustman is also hot

I went in expecting to hate it, and wound up loving it....except the last 15 minutes, which was awful.

I just heard on the radio that this was the biggest January opening ever...?

I just heard on the radio that this was the biggest January opening ever...?

I can believe it.....the hype started with the Transformers trailer, and the I've seen the commercial at least a few times a day since just after the holidays. Add in the fact that this is typically dead time of the year, and you have all the conditions for just such an occurrence. I don't know if Monday was considered part of the opening weekend (since it was a holiday), but that could spur the final totals even more.

What I'll be interested to see is the receipts over the next 3-4 weeks.....how many people will be telling others that it's not worth it, or vice versa.

I bet it barely makes half as much this past weekend.

Id like to say that i am a tough critic when it comes to movies. With that said I hated this movie.

I didnt want to do it but my friends dragged me to it. I bought into all the hype so i figured i had to see it to make up my miid for myself. Well it was a a waste of my $11.

Im not going to repeat but I agree with all the criticisms that have been brought up so far.

If you can go to a movie and just sit there and look at special effects and forget every other reason why you are there then you would like this movie. Otherwise dont bother.

The worst part is they are already talking seuqal but from different characters view points like they also happened to be running around in the middle of Manhattan w/ another camcorder. Give me a break.

The worst part is they are already talking seuqal but from different characters view points like they also happened to be running around in the middle of Manhattan w/ another camcorder. Give me a break.

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit

I have not heard enough positives to justify spending the money on it...and now I know the ending...

I have not heard enough positives to justify spending the money on it...and now I know the ending...

I mind as well post this then and save everyone the headache of seeing this POS movie.

cloverfield-monster-picture.jpg

I mind as well post this then and save everyone the headache of seeing this POS movie.

its more of a crab thing than this sketch depicts.... but there arent any pictures up online that are as close to accurate as this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If I had any remaining doubts about NOT seeing this before...that pic clinches it...thanks RSD...

If I had any remaining doubts about NOT seeing this before...that pic clinches it...thanks RSD...

What I love the most about that design is how big the thing's "arms" are, and how tiny the SoL's head is in comparison.

That takes some pretty fine gross motor skills to be able to knock off only the head.

What I love the most about that design is how big the thing's "arms" are, and how tiny the SoL's head is in comparison.

That takes some pretty fine gross motor skills to be able to knock off only the head.

i agree... maybe it was the tail or something

I just saw Cloverfield on DVD. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. What can I say, it was fun! Not every movie needs to be a classic. Not every meal needs to be nutritious - candy is okay sometimes too! Cloverfield was pretty good candy! Once the action actually started, I got into it. I like that it wasn't all about the monster & more about how people react during an attack. I'd say it's definitely worth a rental!

I just saw Cloverfield on DVD. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. What can I say, it was fun! Not every movie needs to be a classic. Not every meal needs to be nutritious - candy is okay sometimes too! Cloverfield was pretty good candy! Once the action actually started, I got into it. I like that it wasn't all about the monster & more about how people react during an attack. I'd say it's definitely worth a rental!

I agree with you Highlander. I am not the toughest critic, but there are plenty of movies I don't enjoy. And I did find myself enjoying this. A solid rental especially if you want one to watch with your lady friend.