Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludawg23

MLB The Show 2011

So, I got an urge to play MLB, and I looked at my game collection and realized I traded in MLB 10 to get a different game (probably madden), and the most current game I have is 08 with Ryan Howard on the cover.

Time to play some MLB The Show 08!!

I dig this game I wouldn't say it's a lot better then last years game but it's pretty money.

I love playing the co-op online pretty fun.

wish i knew how to throw

I ended up sticking with The Show 10, since I'm already in 2015 with my guy. Is it much better?

I ended up sticking with The Show 10, since I'm already in 2015 with my guy. Is it much better?

The last baseball game i got mlb the show '07 for my PS2 so i dunno

got a PS3 last year so this is the first baseball game i have got.

I hate using the analog stick to throw though. 29 errors in my first 6 games, lol; i think it has cost me 2 games already

not very good at hitting or pitching with the analog stick either but atleast I know what I am doing; ball just goes everywhere when I am fielding

someone tell me this if you have this game...can you download that one roster from the vault that everyone luvs with all the minor leaguers, and tell me how deep the rosters are in terms of each teams minor league system?

i have not purchased this game, but i keep reading on the forums that there is a pretty good roster out there that someone else has made with minor leaguers, but to what depth is what im wondering...

i tried the demo and the game feels and looks exactly like last years one so im on the fence about buyin it...

I own it, not impressed. I went out and bough 2k11, and like it A LOT better. 2k11 also has rosters for minors.

I own it, not impressed. I went out and bough 2k11, and like it A LOT better. 2k11 also has rosters for minors.

To each his own but you're one of the RARE people who actually like the 2k11 franchise over The Show.

IMO, The Show is the best baseball game franchise of all-time.

Except for Little League World Series for Nintendo...I freaking LOVED that game. Team Canada had all the heavy hitters...

someone tell me this if you have this game...can you download that one roster from the vault that everyone luvs with all the minor leaguers, and tell me how deep the rosters are in terms of each teams minor league system?

i have not purchased this game, but i keep reading on the forums that there is a pretty good roster out there that someone else has made with minor leaguers, but to what depth is what im wondering...

i tried the demo and the game feels and looks exactly like last years one so im on the fence about buyin it...

Yes, there are thousands of user-uploaded rosters available to be downloaded and used in the game. Some interesting ones I've seen are historic all star teams that include the likes of Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, etc. I use a roster by a guy with the PSN (user name) of Knight. I downloaded it and have used it since I bought my PS3 and copy of The Show. Every player in the minors is a real player, so there aren't any fake, generic players. The roster he created is really incredible and to be honest, he does a better job than the Sony guys.

Hands down, The Show 11 is the best sports game I have ever played. As a former XBox owner forced to suffer through years without a baseball game (2k games are a complete joke), I can honestly say it is worth every single penny.