Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bandito

Runner-up -- AGAIN.......

Second year in a row losing the Superbowl :) -- and this was a golden opportunity as the guy who usually dominates (Vick, AP, Rice, Nicks, Marshall, Boldin, MWill-TB) choked in the first round, though he's set pretty good for the long-haul.

My keepers are Rodgers, CJ2K, Charles, MJD, Jennings, and either Fitzgerald or VJax. I think Fitzgerald is a safer pick if they can get him a QB, since I can see VJax getting franchised one time, then splitting town. But that means I'm cutting the other of Fitz or VJax and Finley (injuries B) ) for nothing. (I'm also keeping Wallace one more year as a bonus keeper, so he's not really tradeable as far as I'm concerned.)

I feel like I have a darn good team as-is, but should try to consolidate my starting lineup even tighter (we start 2 RB, 2WR, 1 flex -- PPR). Indecisiveness with my lineup is what cost me last week -- I'd like to get it to a core of no-brainers.

The Roddy White owner has Michael Turner, Shonne Greene, Chris Ivory at RB and White, Crabtree, MSW and Manningham at WR. So I wonder if I could make a play for Roddy. I'm tempted to offer Fitzgerald and VJax for Roddy, since I can't ever start the two of them together anyway unless I sit one of my backs. It's a great offer for him, I think. He's currently a just-under .500 team that is in the lower third in scoring, so I think he'd still be manageable even with the 2 WRs.

Another potential target is Calvin Johnson. His owner has absolutely nothing at RB and his WRs are Calvin, TO, Bess, Walter, and worse from there. He was one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, though actually made the playoffs with a winning record due to the lowest "points against" total. And he's in the other division. I would have to think he'd be interested in a Fitzgerald/VJax offer. But Calvin's tendency to get nicked up concerns me a bit.

The Andre Johnson owner is thin at WR behind him (Carolina Smith, Mike Thomas, BMW). But he also has Romo, Foster, Benson and Gates, making him one of the top four teams when they are all healthy. So I'm hesitant to deal with him.

First: do you agree with keeping Fitz and letting VJax and Finley go (either by cut or trade)? If I thought VJax would be in SD for years to come, I'd stay with him. But I can't see it happening.

Second: Would you pursue either of these deals? If so, which is better for me, which is better as far as not building someone up too much, and which is most likely to get accepted? I think I'd prefer to get Roddy as he's a PPR machine and seems to be healthier. But Calvin is a TD machine when he plays.

And leave a link -- but I'll be gone pretty much all of Thursday....

I like keeping fitz, as for the trade, i'd go after roddy in ppr first, then calvin if it doesnt work out, calvin gets alot of TD's, but doesnt get many catches per game. roddy gets 7-70 in his sleep

You're overpaying in both these trades, I wouldn't trade just to trade.

He can only keep a hand full of players so why not try (over pay) for an upgrade at a position?

Is it at all possible to trade CJ? What are you league's rules as far as keepers? Give up the round you drafted them in or something else? I think it's worth examining all your options...

Is it at all possible to trade CJ? What are you league's rules as far as keepers? Give up the round you drafted them in or something else? I think it's worth examining all your options...

Our only keeper rules are up to six keepers (round drafted was irrelevant -- basically everyone starts drafting in round 7) plus up to two more players who have two years of NFL experience OR LESS. This is where Wallace falls in. And probably Alexander as a flyer unless I pick up someone else off the wire (Starks?).

So I figure my guys are: Rodgers, CJ2K, MJD, Charles, Jennings, and Fitz (and Wallace) unless I try to improve somewhere.

I'm a fantasy rookie, so thanks for mine, but keeper leagues are outside of my purview so far. I'll see what I can do though...

So excuse me if I'm missing something important here, but if VJax gets franchised next year... wouldn't you want to keep him over Fitz? Fitz is a great talent, but I'd much rather go with VJax/Rivers than Fitz/Whoever they End Up With in Arizona. If you're looking at a multi-year strategy (and for some reason dropping VJax AFTER next year isn't something you want to do? Like I said, I'm new here) then I guess his leaving SD is a problem... think about it this way:

Where could VJax go that would be worse for him than Arizona is for Fitz?

For me, if the question is just 'VJax or Fitz' I keep VJax.

As for the trades... I see your point. You can only use one of the two WRs so why not trade them for someone you like even MORE? I don't know if I can say pull the trigger or not, but of those options I'd go for White, especially in PPR. He's in the best situation.

I think you have a better shot of getting White with a Fitz and Finley package. Finley was on his way to sick numbers and everyone noticed. He has better keeper potential (age, situation) for the other owner than Vjax which should entice the owner. I'd prefer White over Calvin.

But, if you can't do the trade, I think vjax is the better keeper over Fitz. Arizona's qb situation is a mess. Probably even worse than San Fran's and I can see it going into next season. And since you already have enough Packers on your team, Finley would be hard to keep.

I think I answered your questions. Maybe not.

Thanks for answering mine!

The problem with Fitz is who will be throwing him the ball?

As for V-Jax, who knows what team he might go to ?

He'll be a free agent UNLESS the Chargers finally pay him, which if they did, they might be in the playoffs instead of watching!

If you don't have to declare keepers for a bit wait and see IF the Cardinals get another QB or not?

(I have heard McNabbs name but he throws into the ground anyhow)

Then see what happens with V-Jax as well.

I have Austin and V-Jax, I'm waiting until V-Jax decides what to do.

And since you already have enough Packers on your team, Finley would be hard to keep.

When I grabbed Finley last year, it was with keeping him in mind. But at that point in time, my WRs were a black hole (Jennings and a soon-to-be suspended VJax -- no one else). By trading for Fitz and Wallace during the season, I suddenly when to silly depth at WR. Now, I don't see a realistic situation where I'd keep Finley over any of my WRs.

Boy, things can change in a hurry! B)

When I grabbed Finley last year, it was with keeping him in mind. But at that point in time, my WRs were a black hole (Jennings and a soon-to-be suspended VJax -- no one else). By trading for Fitz and Wallace during the season, I suddenly when to silly depth at WR. Now, I don't see a realistic situation where I'd keep Finley over any of my WRs.

Boy, things can change in a hurry! B)

I would look to make a trade for White - he's just been amazing as PPR. As a Megatron owner, I've been jealous. If not, then go for Megatron. But I would consolidate to the "no duh" line-up if possible (love to get rid of the second guessing)

I would try to keep Fitz - he's the better WR but with the bad QB. The QB situation may not improve, but I think it will stabilize and give more time to get comfortable. And he's really the dominant option - situations that Bowe, Megatron and Lloyd have been able to take advantage of. If not, then keep VJAX and hope he gets signed up with a good QB.

I would definitely try to get either White or Megatron. Something along the lines of Fitz + VJax for Megatron, Jennings + VJax for White. You can also use Finley as a trading chip.

I agree with most of the early comments above. I think Roddy is going to be a beast next year in much the same, if not a nastier, fashion. He's proven time and again that he's the real deal and can't be easily shut down...even by doubling him. To boot, I feel like you can't trust V-Jax at this juncture from a number of levels...mindset and commitment being the chief factors to consider. The dude can flat out play, but I have serious, serious reservations concerning his effort when he's not happy (read: too much of a TO factor here). Finely seems only quasi-disposable...but I think this guy gives Gates a run for the #1 TE in the league if he's healthy next year....and plus the added factor that Jennings gets ****e when Finley is healthy (read: Rodgers looks this guys way like it's going out of style...he's a match-up nightmare for opposing D's, plus he blocks pretty darn well for being a young, pass-catching TE). Finally, with a QB Fitz returns to his normal, boss, top 5 WR spot. Without one, he struggles mightily just like this year.

PS -- I'd leave the Andre fella alone...that team looks primed to make serious strides if dealt the wrong piece to the pie...

if i understand the question, the only reason not to make a fitzgerald / jackson package offer would be the possibility that someone could get hurt before you declare your keepers (pre-season damage etc)

i'd go white as the first target, then calvin - why not throw in finley to spice it up? unless you are concerned about what i mentioned above

i'd be inclined to go fitzgerald over jackson, i think arizona will have a better qb next year, and fitz catches alot more balls than jackson, i am not positive i would go with jennings over those 2 but it seems as if you had made your call on that

you seem to be in amazing shape no matter what happens

i am not positive i would go with jennings over those 2 but it seems as if you had made your call on that

I guess I liked Jennings over VJax because of Rodgers. It seems likely that next season could well be VJax's last with Rivers. I just can't see Smith EVER giving VJax a deal just because of his own warped principles.

Thanks for answering my thread. Looks like Anquain Boldin is getting kicked to the curb this week!

Anyway I'd go after White. Sell high on VJax now if you can and get White. He's got a good QB and a team that's going places. He gets the double and he still tears it up. I like him over CJ anyway, and if you have to trade VJax getting White isn't bad at all.

If they reject the trade you have Finley sitting there to spice things up. If you can trade VJax + Fitz for White I'd do that right now. If you can't get White AT ALL go after CJ with the same Finley / VJax / Fitz mix.

I guess the bigger question is it a bigger risk to roll with Fitz with no QB hoping AZ signs someone decent or the possibility VJax is going to be franchised and traded to a crap club with a bad WR situation? Ultimately Smith doesn't like VJax, and I feel if he gets a franchise tag he's going to be traded. If Smith REALLY wanted VJax to stay I think we would have seen a deal already or at least some wind of a contract being outlined. I had a hard time with this one too, but I slightly lean Fitz because he catches more balls and even McNabb could bring him up to top 10 WR again. If not he's gonna have another season like this one he just had. AZ is only two years removed from a Super Bowl win so I'd bet they'll be going after someone this off season at QB. I think VJax is gone in SD and a franchise tag would be an indicator Smith wants to trade him. If I ended up with either VJax or Fitz after a trade I wouldn't be mad either way though.

One thing to remember is the franchise tag rules could be changed with a new CBO. I still think they'll keep the rule as I believe most clubs like it. Oh and if NOTHING works you still have a VJax / Fitz / Jennings / Finley combo which is rather sexy compared to what most people have at WR+TE. Just don't overpay or overreach. You could always try to lowball him first with just a single WR for White and see what happens. Some people aren't as smart as others. B)

Thanks for answering my thread...here's my opinion on ur situation

1) Fitz easily has more potiential than Vjax and finley and has been doing it for yrs..plus he's pretty much the only offensive option in Arizona

2) Am I only one who thinks Roddy for both Fitz and Vjax would be a steal on your part ? Roddy is durable and stable wit Matt Ryan at QB.Fitz has no qb and Vjax is disgruntled and unhappy in SD...you have no idea where he will end up and Rivers makes WRs look good...I like Roddy or Megatron for both of those guys being that its addition by subtraction in terms of production and since u can only take 6 total players anyway

Of the two WR that you do have, I would keep Fitz. I dont see anyway that ARI doesnt bring in a solid NFL qb with the rest of talent that is on their roster, they have to take advantage of what they have. As for the trade, Im all for trying to pacakge those two to get Roddy White, I traded him pre season this year and I have regretted it ever since, hes an absolute stud in any format, but PPR he gains value obviously. With a finite number of keepers and with Mike Wallace in tow already I like you getting White.

Second year in a row losing the Superbowl :) -- and this was a golden opportunity as the guy who usually dominates (Vick, AP, Rice, Nicks, Marshall, Boldin, MWill-TB) choked in the first round, though he's set pretty good for the long-haul.

My keepers are Rodgers, CJ2K, Charles, MJD, Jennings, and either Fitzgerald or VJax. I think Fitzgerald is a safer pick if they can get him a QB, since I can see VJax getting franchised one time, then splitting town. But that means I'm cutting the other of Fitz or VJax and Finley (injuries B) ) for nothing. (I'm also keeping Wallace one more year as a bonus keeper, so he's not really tradeable as far as I'm concerned.)

I feel like I have a darn good team as-is, but should try to consolidate my starting lineup even tighter (we start 2 RB, 2WR, 1 flex -- PPR). Indecisiveness with my lineup is what cost me last week -- I'd like to get it to a core of no-brainers.

The Roddy White owner has Michael Turner, Shonne Greene, Chris Ivory at RB and White, Crabtree, MSW and Manningham at WR. So I wonder if I could make a play for Roddy. I'm tempted to offer Fitzgerald and VJax for Roddy, since I can't ever start the two of them together anyway unless I sit one of my backs. It's a great offer for him, I think. He's currently a just-under .500 team that is in the lower third in scoring, so I think he'd still be manageable even with the 2 WRs.

Another potential target is Calvin Johnson. His owner has absolutely nothing at RB and his WRs are Calvin, TO, Bess, Walter, and worse from there. He was one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, though actually made the playoffs with a winning record due to the lowest "points against" total. And he's in the other division. I would have to think he'd be interested in a Fitzgerald/VJax offer. But Calvin's tendency to get nicked up concerns me a bit.

The Andre Johnson owner is thin at WR behind him (Carolina Smith, Mike Thomas, BMW). But he also has Romo, Foster, Benson and Gates, making him one of the top four teams when they are all healthy. So I'm hesitant to deal with him.

First: do you agree with keeping Fitz and letting VJax and Finley go (either by cut or trade)? If I thought VJax would be in SD for years to come, I'd stay with him. But I can't see it happening.

Second: Would you pursue either of these deals? If so, which is better for me, which is better as far as not building someone up too much, and which is most likely to get accepted? I think I'd prefer to get Roddy as he's a PPR machine and seems to be healthier. But Calvin is a TD machine when he plays.

I like the play for White. Consistent point producer. No qb in Arizona scares me and who knows the deal with vjax

I would either keep Fitz, or try trading both of them for either Johnson.

like the person above said..sell high on VJax and KEEP FITZGERALD. He is too good, they will figure out a way to get him the ball and he will get his stats...