Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bravesfan155

Homeless Man With Great Voice Offered Job

I don't know if anyone's heard about this yet, but just a fantastic story. The guy has been homeless for awhile, holding up a sign saying "I have the god given gift of voice", hoping someone would offer him a job. Someone put it on Youtube and now he's getting job offers from just about everyone, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, who have offered him a job and a house.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/05/t...b_n_804736.html

http://mashable.com/2011/01/05/homeless-man-golden-voice/

I watched it on CBS this morning. Truely amazing.

Guest ciderjack6

Whoa....father of 9? for reals?

Truly amazing, He'll land someplace, some stadium, some radioshow, somewhere.

The guy shounds like Obama.

Why, cause he's black?

Run in with the cops. FAIL!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2...r=news/national

It's sad, not "Fail". It's f*cking sad. Sheesh.

I hope he gets the help he needs. I really do. Alcoholism is a possessive bitch.

Also sounds like he needs a more qualified "keeper" than his overwhelmed daughter.

That's a shame. You're playing a dangerous game when someone goes from rags to riches that fast. The best thing for him now is for people to stop caring and for him to go back to obscurity, ironically. If the guy really wanted to help him, he probably should've just shopped the video around cleveland instead of putting it on youtube.

That's a shame. You're playing a dangerous game when someone goes from rags to riches that fast. The best thing for him now is for people to stop caring and for him to go back to obscurity, ironically. If the guy really wanted to help him, he probably should've just shopped the video around cleveland instead of putting it on youtube.

I believe someone from the Cleveland newspaper put up the story on YouTube.

And yes, TM. It's sad, but it's also a fail. Choose your words however you want it but it's all of that. It's not like I wish bad upon him. I'd like him to succeed. Just sayin...

I believe someone from the Cleveland newspaper put up the story on YouTube.

And yes, TM. It's sad, but it's also a fail. Choose your words however you want it but it's all of that. It's not like I wish bad upon him. I'd like him to succeed. Just sayin...

yea, that's what i was saying, it probably would've been better if the writer had just kept it local. who knows though, if it hadn't become that big of a story, many of them would not have given him job offers.

I think what TM was trying to say is that an addiction isn't a "fail". A fail is when someone just does something dumb, caving into an addiction after having a load of money thrown at you isn't the same thing.

That doesn't matter though, just hope the guy will be able to get some help and turn his life around.