Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Generic

Please rate my draft(s)

I have drafted for 2 different Yahoo FF leagues. Both are 10 team leagues using the default Yahoo league rules and default scoring (no PPR).

First league is a Yahoo Public league:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB 2. (20) Torry Holt WR 3. (21) Willis McGahee RB 4. (40) Tony Romo QB 5. (41) Andre Johnson WR 6. (60) Chris Cooley TE 7. (61) Laveranues Coles WR 8. (80) Deuce McAllister RB 9. (81) Denver DEF 10. (100) Mark Clayton WR 11. (101) Chester Taylor RB 12. (120) Santonio Holmes WR 13. (121) Jay Cutler QB 14. (140) Olindo Mare K 15. (141) Troy Williamson WR

My other league is a Yahoo Winner league, so I think the competition will be much tougher:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB 2. (20) Carson Palmer QB 3. (21) Chad Johnson WR 4. (40) Reggie Bush RB 5. (41) Chicago DEF 6. (60) Jerricho Cotchery WR 7. (61) Mark Clayton WR 8. (80) Chris Cooley TE 9. (81) Bernard Berrian WR 10. (100) Kevin Curtis WR 11. (101) Chester Taylor RB 12. (120) Byron Leftwich QB 13. (121) Joe Horn WR 14. (140) Jason Elam K 15. (141) Ladell Betts RB

What are the odds that I went first in both drafts? I personally prefer drafting in the middle, but I'm not complaining.

Thoughts?

Both teams are very solid. Team 1's only real weaknesses appear to be K and DEF, which are the easiest areas to fix. I'm not that excited about the WRs outside of CJ on Team 2. Any time you end up with LT2, your odds of winning are alot better.

mcgahee went in the 3rd... reggie bush in the 4th?! can i be in your league next year? it's easy to do well when you draft with fools.

You got the #1 pick twice, nice luck! I usually play in larger leagues so you have to remember that the talent lasts longer in a 10 team league. Everyone's team is going to look good on paper.

Anyway, I like team #1 a lot. Cutler in the 13th round is incredible and is a great pair with Romo. I think your WR3 and RB3 could use an upgrade but I think you have good depth there incase somone doesn't live up to expectations. I really don't see many weaknesses in this team, good job and good luck.

I have no idea how Reggie Bush lasted until round 4. And this is a winner league? I like your QBs here too, Leftwich is a good backup. I'm not as big of a Mark Clayton fan as you but I like your other WRs. You might want to watch some RB depth since Taylor isn't my favorite back up. But again, a solid draft for sure.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Not only round 4, but the last pick in round 4, in a winners league no less. Probably 9 other guys who had LT last year and cruised...

Team 1 looks nice, Denver should have a great pass defense with the addition of my boy Dre' Bly, the whole team looks solid. Team 2 could use an upgrade at receiver, but you have LT who gives you WR and RB production. I like Cooley at TE on both your teams, Andre Johnson and Holt are a nice pair of bookend WRs on team 1, as are LT and Bush on team 2.

Good job!

mcgahee went in the 3rd... reggie bush in the 4th?! can i be in your league next year? it's easy to do well when you draft with fools.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised that Bush fell so far. My guess is the time share with Deuce McAllister, and the fact that Deuce is still projected to be the starter. In my Yahoo Winner league draft, as expected, the first round was heavy with the RB1s. In the second, third, and fourth rounds, there was a big run on WR1s and QB1s. Frankly, there were higher rated RBs that were taken before Bush (at least, according to Yahoo, as they have him rated as the 15th best RB), so he slipped a bit. Remember that this is not a PPR (points per reception) league (standard Yahoo scoring). I'm sure he'd go much earlier if it was a PPR league.

I know it's weird, but I'm not complaining. B)

If there's interest, I can post the entire drafts for the above listed leagues, if you want to analyse/criticize. Granted, there were a couple of faux pas made, it'd be fun for us to find them all. I'm here to learn, and am willing to accept constructive(!) criticism. B) I think it would be fun to play "Spot the Looney!" (Monty Python reference there, my apologies!)

In case I forgot to mention, all Yahoo default player lineups in Public and Winner leagues are QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF BN BN BN BN BN BN

I have two more 'custom league' drafts on Yahoo this coming weekend:

One a ten team 'money' league with the self-proclaimed FF experts (co-workers <grin>)with a couple custom league settings: PPR, passing TD 6 pts, bonus RB points for 100+ and 200+ yards. (Yes, I definitely plan on trying to draft Bush much sooner in that one!)

and

one 14 team 'fun' league with a bunch of fans I know online with mostly standard rules, and a Flex RB/WR position added.

I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

Thanks for the feedback so far! It is much appreciated!

There's no reason on earth that you should have gotten Reggie & McGahee where you did. That's a crime,plain & simple

There's no reason on earth that you should have gotten Reggie & McGahee where you did. That's a crime,plain & simple

Thanks for chiming in! I agree with you, I practically stole Bush and McGahee. These had to be the two weirdest drafts....I believe there was too much emphasis on drafting the WR1s before getting the RB2, which might explain why they fell into my lap. I'll post the picks for the drafts (first 5 rounds or so) when I get home from work today. It's weird....there were definately a couple 'faux pas' and a few 'reaches' by the other drafters. I shouldn't have gotten what I did...when I did.

On hindsight: Knowing what I know now (thanks to RotoWorld) in my 'Winner' league, I probably took C. Palmer way too soon, and I could have waited another round or two to get a QB like I did in the public league. Of course, that was BEFORE I purchased the Draft Guide, so it's all good. B)

For those who are curious....here's the first 4 rounds of the 'Winner' league draft (* denotes my pick):

Round 1

1. LaDainian Tomlinson *

2. Steven Jackson

3. Larry Johnson

4. Shaun Alexander

5. Joseph Addai

6. Peyton Manning

7. Frank Gore

8. Willie Parker

9. Laurence Maroney

10. Steve Smith

Round 2

11. Marvin Harrison

12. Brian Westbrook

13. Rudi Johnson

14. Deuce McAllister

15. Travis Henry

16. Willis McGahee

17. Ronnie Brown

18. Maurice Jones-Drew

19. Clinton Portis

20. Carson Palmer *

Round 3

21. Chad Johnson *

22. Torry Holt

23. Terrell Owens

24. Larry Fitzgerald

25. Marques Colston

26. Marshawn Lynch

27. Reggie Wayne

28. Tom Brady

29. Antonio Gates

30. Roy Williams

Round 4

31. Drew Brees

32. Randy Moss

33. Javon Walker

34. Marc Bulger

35. Donovan McNabb

36. Donald Driver

37. T.J. Houshmandzadeh

38. Lee Evans

39. Anquan Boldin

40. Reggie Bush *

Obviously, there was many a WR and QB which went higher than they should, and some obvious reaches. Thoughts?

And here's the first four rounds of my "Public" league draft (* denotes my pick)

Round 1

1. LaDainian Tomlinson *

2. Steven Jackson

3. Shaun Alexander

4. Peyton Manning

5. Larry Johnson

6. Joseph Addai

7. Frank Gore

8. Willie Parker

9. Brian Westbrook

10. Rudi Johnson

Round 2

11. Laurence Maroney

12. Maurice Jones-Drew

13. Ronnie Brown

14. Steve Smith

15. Marvin Harrison

16. Reggie Bush

17. Randy Moss

18. Chad Johnson

19. Carson Palmer

20. Torry Holt *

Round 3

21. Willis McGahee *

22. Marshawn Lynch

23. Terrell Owens

24. Tom Brady

25. Travis Henry

26. T.J. Houshmandzadeh

27. Drew Brees

28. Larry Fitzgerald

29. Roy Williams

30. Reggie Wayne

Round 4

31. Marques Colston

32. Anquan Boldin

33. Javon Walker

34. Brandon Jacobs

35. Antonio Gates

36. Marc Bulger

37. Edgerrin James

38. Clinton Portis

39. Hines Ward

40. Tony Romo *

I could use your feedback on this draft as well.....

IT BURNS US. IT BURNS US!!!

IT BURNS US. IT BURNS US!!!

Hopefully in a good sort of way B)

Just completed another draft in a Yahoo Custom league.

Positions are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Key rule changes are that it's PPR, Passing Touchdowns (6), Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 10 points at 200 yards), and Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards; 10 points at 300 yards)

Go fig. This is the THIRD time in a Yahoo Live Draft that I had the FIRST pick. I swear, there were no preassigned draft spots. No, I can't believe it either.

So, here's my draft, using info I gathered from Rotoworld's Draft Guide, (It really, really helped. A lot!)

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB 2. (20) Reggie Wayne WR 3. (21) Brandon Jacobs RB 4. (40) Andre Johnson WR 5. (41) Marc Bulger QB 6. (60) Calvin Johnson WR 7. (61) Chris Cooley TE 8. (80) Jerious Norwood RB 9. (81) New England DEF 10. (100) Julius Jones RB 11. (101) D.J. Hackett WR 12. (120) LaMont Jordan RB 13. (121) Ronald Curry WR 14. (140) Benjamin Watson TE 15. (141) Ben Roethlisberger QB 16. (160) Ryan Longwell K 17. (161) Denver DEF

I drafted two DEF this time, since my fav defenses went off the board early, and I can play the matchups each week. Thoughts?

Just completed another draft in a Yahoo Custom league.

Positions are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Key rule changes are that it's PPR, Passing Touchdowns (6), Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 10 points at 200 yards), and Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards; 10 points at 300 yards)

Go fig. This is the THIRD time in a Yahoo Live Draft that I had the FIRST pick. I swear, there were no preassigned draft spots. No, I can't believe it either.

So, here's my draft, using info I gathered from Rotoworld's Draft Guide, (It really, really helped. A lot!)

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB 2. (20) Reggie Wayne WR 3. (21) Brandon Jacobs RB 4. (40) Andre Johnson WR 5. (41) Marc Bulger QB 6. (60) Calvin Johnson WR 7. (61) Chris Cooley TE 8. (80) Jerious Norwood RB 9. (81) New England DEF 10. (100) Julius Jones RB 11. (101) D.J. Hackett WR 12. (120) LaMont Jordan RB 13. (121) Ronald Curry WR 14. (140) Benjamin Watson TE 15. (141) Ben Roethlisberger QB 16. (160) Ryan Longwell K 17. (161) Denver DEF

I drafted two DEF this time, since my fav defenses went off the board early, and I can play the matchups each week. Thoughts?

Can't believe you mananged to land Norwood at 80. You will rock in this league!

My other league is a Yahoo Winner league, so I think the competition will be much tougher:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB 2. (20) Carson Palmer QB 3. (21) Chad Johnson WR 4. (40) Reggie Bush RB 5. (41) Chicago DEF 6. (60) Jerricho Cotchery WR 7. (61) Mark Clayton WR 8. (80) Chris Cooley TE 9. (81) Bernard Berrian WR 10. (100) Kevin Curtis WR 11. (101) Chester Taylor RB 12. (120) Byron Leftwich QB 13. (121) Joe Horn WR 14. (140) Jason Elam K 15. (141) Ladell Betts RB

I'm surprised you didn't take Bush with either your second or third round picks...I'm used to grabbing two RBs right away...but hey, God bless for getting him at #40! Nice job with both teams!

I'm surprised you didn't take Bush with either your second or third round picks...I'm used to grabbing two RBs right away...but hey, God bless for getting him at #40! Nice job with both teams!

Thanks! I agree with you, it was almost a big mistake on my part. I had Palmer and C. Johnson in my 'preselect' box, and I was targeting B. Jacobs in the 4th. I assumed Bush was already gone, but after I selected Johnson, to my amazement Bush was still available. I'm tickled that no one else noticed he was still on the board!

You should cruise to the playoffs with those teams. Nice job.

Thanks, #4 Yawkee Way! I'm feeling better already. B)

Ok, fellow FFL players! One last draft for your perusal. This is a 14(!) team Yahoo Custom league, positions are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN. NO PPR, only major rule change is 6 pts for passing TD, which makes QBs a bit more valuable.

No, I didn't get the 1st pick this time. Go figure. :lol:

Man, there's really slim pickings at RB in the last couple rounds, and my draft reflects it:

1. (7) Joseph Addai RB 2. (22) Willis McGahee RB 3. (35) Torry Holt WR 4. (50) Tony Romo QB 5. (63) Laveranues Coles WR 6. (78) Chester Taylor RB 7. (91) Mark Clayton WR 8. (106) Denver DEF 9. (119) Jason Witten TE 10. (134) Ronald Curry WR 11. (147) Mike Bell RB 12. (162) Jeff Wilkins K 13. (175) Byron Leftwich QB 14. (190) Mike Furrey WR 15. (203) Oakland DEF 16. (218) Joe Jurevicius WR

Yes, I am a bit thin on the bench at RB, but I think having two stud starting RBs helps make up for it. Hopefully, I should only need to worry about the bye weeks, and I can always plug in a WR at the flex. I drafted OAK late, just for the luxury of playing the matchups (and keep someone else from getting them :) )

I'd appreciate any feedback you can throw my way on this or my previous drafts. Thanks in advance!

Help a guy out? I'll take the time to review your drafts as well. Just leave a link.