Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Generic

Please rate my draft(s)

Reggie Bush should never go in the 4th round of any draft. Seems like a weak league.

I can't disagree with you there, the only reason I didn't grab him sooner was because of my inattention, as noted earlier in this thread. I lucked out, and still got him.

Of course, you'd think that wouldn't happen in a Yahoo 'Winner' league. But then again, it really makes you wonder what kind of competition the other participants faced when they previously won a league to become eligible for 'Winner' leagues? As mentioned earlier, it's likely that someone drafted LT last year and rode that horse to victory. I admit, I did have LT in one of my three Yahoo leagues I won last year, and it did make things much easier. B)

For those who are curious....here's the first 4 rounds of the 'Winner' league draft (* denotes my pick):

Round 1

1. LaDainian Tomlinson *

2. Steven Jackson

3. Larry Johnson

4. Shaun Alexander

5. Joseph Addai

6. Peyton Manning

7. Frank Gore

8. Willie Parker

9. Laurence Maroney

10. Steve Smith

Round 2

11. Marvin Harrison

12. Brian Westbrook

13. Rudi Johnson

14. Deuce McAllister

15. Travis Henry

16. Willis McGahee

17. Ronnie Brown

18. Maurice Jones-Drew

19. Clinton Portis

20. Carson Palmer *

Round 3

21. Chad Johnson *

22. Torry Holt

23. Terrell Owens

24. Larry Fitzgerald

25. Marques Colston

26. Marshawn Lynch

27. Reggie Wayne

28. Tom Brady

29. Antonio Gates

30. Roy Williams

Round 4

31. Drew Brees

32. Randy Moss

33. Javon Walker

34. Marc Bulger

35. Donovan McNabb

36. Donald Driver

37. T.J. Houshmandzadeh

38. Lee Evans

39. Anquan Boldin

40. Reggie Bush *

Obviously, there was many a WR and QB which went higher than they should, and some obvious reaches. Thoughts?

Was the team that drafted last even there or were they just screwing around. Here are their first four picks:

1.10 --> Steve Smith

2.1 ---> Marvin Harrison

3.10 --> Roy Williams

4.1 ---> Drew Brees

Those are some nice receivers but how do you go the first four rounds without drafting a RB???

Was the team that drafted last even there or were they just screwing around. Here are their first four picks:

1.10 --> Steve Smith

2.1 ---> Marvin Harrison

3.10 --> Roy Williams

4.1 ---> Drew Brees

Those are some nice receivers but how do you go the first four rounds without drafting a RB???

I'm glad you brought that up. I noticed that right off, during the draft and kept thinking 'Huh?'. That's one of the most curious draft strategies I've ever seen, even more so in a Non-PPR league! I don't think Yahoo AutoPick could screw it up that badly, so I have to assume it was intentional by the actual manager. Granted he's strong at WR, and yes, he does suck eggs at RB. B)

For team 1:

I'd drop Mare and look for another kicker assuming that in a 10 team league there are other and better options. I would look for a guy maybe like Nedney, Casay, or maybe even Rackers after his down year last year. I am just not a fan of Mare I am not sure if they cut Carney, but if they haven't I believe Mare was just brought in for kick offs and for 50+yard attempts that Carney could not do well.

Denver was a little to early for my taste, but like I've been saying all along I am very high on the Vikings and love the value that they come at. I am also high on the Jags as well as they have been falling pretty deep and can be had in the final rounds.

I love Andre Johnson in the 4th round and think that is an absolute steal. With Green, if he stays healthy, he could be in line for a ton of more bombs of play action plays. I think Schaub will be a nice addition and boost his value, but I think Green will boost his value more.

I think Cutler is a great pick at where you got him, personally I am not a fan of Duece and would look to package him away in an upgrade with a WR and maybe target a guy like Lynch or Edge if you can fill the other teams needs.

There are a few things that we apparently have different opinions on, like Clayton, Holmes, and Williamson. Some people are taking flyers on them while I am just simply targeting other players to take flyers on. No big deal and good luck with those guys as they could be the key to the league.

Obviously with LT on your team I think you will contend with this team, but if you play the waiver wire well or upgrade your RB I think you could run away with it.

Thanks, #4 Yawkee Way! I'm feeling better already. B)

Ok, fellow FFL players! One last draft for your perusal. This is a 14(!) team Yahoo Custom league, positions are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN. NO PPR, only major rule change is 6 pts for passing TD, which makes QBs a bit more valuable.

No, I didn't get the 1st pick this time. Go figure. :lol:

Man, there's really slim pickings at RB in the last couple rounds, and my draft reflects it:

1. (7) Joseph Addai RB 2. (22) Willis McGahee RB 3. (35) Torry Holt WR 4. (50) Tony Romo QB 5. (63) Laveranues Coles WR 6. (78) Chester Taylor RB 7. (91) Mark Clayton WR 8. (106) Denver DEF 9. (119) Jason Witten TE 10. (134) Ronald Curry WR 11. (147) Mike Bell RB 12. (162) Jeff Wilkins K 13. (175) Byron Leftwich QB 14. (190) Mike Furrey WR 15. (203) Oakland DEF 16. (218) Joe Jurevicius WR

Yes, I am a bit thin on the bench at RB, but I think having two stud starting RBs helps make up for it. Hopefully, I should only need to worry about the bye weeks, and I can always plug in a WR at the flex. I drafted OAK late, just for the luxury of playing the matchups (and keep someone else from getting them :) )

I'd appreciate any feedback you can throw my way on this or my previous drafts. Thanks in advance!

I like Addai at 7 and Willis at 22 but I'd be interested to see who else was left at 22 because I am not a Willis fan and the Baltimore O-line is another year older and slower so I don't expect a big year from him personally.

Mike Bell isn't going to cut it as your RB3 and I'd try to target a guy like Ahman Green, Brandon Jackson, or LaMont Jordan (who I think is going to hold off Rhodes in the first 4 games while he is suspended) because I think they could all be had cheap.

I like Addai at 7 and Willis at 22 but I'd be interested to see who else was left at 22 because I am not a Willis fan and the Baltimore O-line is another year older and slower so I don't expect a big year from him personally.

Mike Bell isn't going to cut it as your RB3 and I'd try to target a guy like Ahman Green, Brandon Jackson, or LaMont Jordan (who I think is going to hold off Rhodes in the first 4 games while he is suspended) because I think they could all be had cheap.

Here was the next 7 RBs selected after my pick at #22: Portis, Edge, A. Green, T. Jones, Deuce McAllister, M. Barber III. A. Peterson (Min). Immediately after the 22nd pick, the top WRs started to go.

I agree with your logic concerning Bell, (technically, C. Taylor is my RB3, but still) I'm going to attempt to dangle M. Bell and a WR to the T. Henry owner as a handcuff to see if I can get a better RB option. I'll look to see what possibilities I have when I get home today. Thanks again!

For team 1:

I'd drop Mare and look for another kicker assuming that in a 10 team league there are other and better options. I would look for a guy maybe like Nedney, Casay, or maybe even Rackers after his down year last year. I am just not a fan of Mare I am not sure if they cut Carney, but if they haven't I believe Mare was just brought in for kick offs and for 50+yard attempts that Carney could not do well.

Denver was a little to early for my taste, but like I've been saying all along I am very high on the Vikings and love the value that they come at. I am also high on the Jags as well as they have been falling pretty deep and can be had in the final rounds.

I love Andre Johnson in the 4th round and think that is an absolute steal. With Green, if he stays healthy, he could be in line for a ton of more bombs of play action plays. I think Schaub will be a nice addition and boost his value, but I think Green will boost his value more.

I think Cutler is a great pick at where you got him, personally I am not a fan of Duece and would look to package him away in an upgrade with a WR and maybe target a guy like Lynch or Edge if you can fill the other teams needs.

There are a few things that we apparently have different opinions on, like Clayton, Holmes, and Williamson. Some people are taking flyers on them while I am just simply targeting other players to take flyers on. No big deal and good luck with those guys as they could be the key to the league.

Obviously with LT on your team I think you will contend with this team, but if you play the waiver wire well or upgrade your RB I think you could run away with it.

I picked up Mare as he's now kicking in a dome, on a team with a much better offense (Frankly, Mia wasn't all that great last year), giving him more opportunities. Carney was released by the Saints back in April, and is still looking for a job elsewhere.

I agree with you, Andre Johnson was a steal at that position in the draft. He's about the only real offensive threat on Hou to score on a regular basis, and folks forget he was a Pro Bowler last season as well.

I may have reached a bit to grab DEN, I could have waited a couple rounds and got the Vikings D. (I am a Viking fan, btw, and their D is much, much healthier this year than last at this point).

I agree with you on Deuce, I'l try to see what I can work with on a trade.

Everyone seems to be down on my pick of M. Clayton (Bal) in my drafts. On hindsight, the experts Rotoworld seem to be a bit higher on him than most (according to their Draft Guide info). Again, this draft happened before I took the plunge on buying the Draft Guide.

I appreciate the feedback, keep 'em coming!

Thanks, #4 Yawkee Way! I'm feeling better already. B)

Ok, fellow FFL players! One last draft for your perusal. This is a 14(!) team Yahoo Custom league, positions are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN. NO PPR, only major rule change is 6 pts for passing TD, which makes QBs a bit more valuable.

No, I didn't get the 1st pick this time. Go figure. :lol:

Man, there's really slim pickings at RB in the last couple rounds, and my draft reflects it:

1. (7) Joseph Addai RB 2. (22) Willis McGahee RB 3. (35) Torry Holt WR 4. (50) Tony Romo QB 5. (63) Laveranues Coles WR 6. (78) Chester Taylor RB 7. (91) Mark Clayton WR 8. (106) Denver DEF 9. (119) Jason Witten TE 10. (134) Ronald Curry WR 11. (147) Mike Bell RB 12. (162) Jeff Wilkins K 13. (175) Byron Leftwich QB 14. (190) Mike Furrey WR 15. (203) Oakland DEF 16. (218) Joe Jurevicius WR

Yes, I am a bit thin on the bench at RB, but I think having two stud starting RBs helps make up for it. Hopefully, I should only need to worry about the bye weeks, and I can always plug in a WR at the flex. I drafted OAK late, just for the luxury of playing the matchups (and keep someone else from getting them :) )

I'd appreciate any feedback you can throw my way on this or my previous drafts. Thanks in advance!

do you have a link with the overall draft results for this 14 teamer? i would like to see what was available for you at your picks...

do you have a link with the overall draft results for this 14 teamer? i would like to see what was available for you at your picks...

Here it is. Since it would be a huge post, I decided to host it on my web server space. It is in .rtf (rich text format), and you should be able to open it with WordPad or NotePad. http://home.satx.rr.com/quigongeneric/14Team.rtf Just be forewarned, there are a few reaches (imo) in the first 2 rounds....

Here it is. Since it would be a huge post, I decided to host it on my web server space. It is in .rtf (rich text format), and you should be able to open it with WordPad or NotePad. http://home.satx.rr.com/quigongeneric/14Team.rtf Just be forewarned, there are a few reaches (imo) in the first 2 rounds....

yeah no joke about the reaches! I guess you just never know what will be there for you..you just have to be ready to make the right move..i could have had LT,Tjones,Wayne,Ward and Plax to start! in a 14 teamer with 3 wrs that would be an amazing start..thanks for the link bud..

Wow, that was indeed a very strange draft. Is the scoring in this league just standard?

Wow, that was indeed a very strange draft. Is the scoring in this league just standard?

I absolutely agree with you! This had to be the weirdest draft I've ever participated in, more so than my Yahoo Winner league above (I got Bush in the 4th round, are you kidding me?). One player chose Brady in the 2nd, then Bulger in the 3rd??!? I was stunned when I saw that.

It's a non PPR league, only rule change is 6 pts for passing TD, which gives QBs a bump in value.

Currently trying to work some trades to improve my bench RB situation in my 14 team league. I'm not confident enough with Mike Bell as the first RB off the bench, due to his injury. I attempted to trade for LaMont Jordan, but no dice, he's waiting a couple weeks to sell high, despite my reminding him that Rhodes will be back in week 5.

Every other back I've seen in that range that I could get is on a team that has a worse RB situation than mine. C. Taylor is a decent RB3, and I prefer not to give him up, because it doesn't fix my problem with RB depth. I figure I could bundle one or two of my bench WR or my extra DEF to get another RB. What to do? Take a look at my 14 team league roster above, and give me an idea. Who would be a good target, and what should I give?

Admitedly, this is one of my weakest areas in FF knowledge, proposing a trade. I know a bad trade when I see one offered to me, but am not experienced enough to know how little (get laughed at due to the obviously lowball offer, then ignored for the rest of the season) or offer way too much (get laughed at, trade completed, then get bombarded with ridiculous trade offers for the rest of the season). I could use some feedback in this area.

Ok, I did some brainstorming, and decided I would stand pat with Mike Bell. His value can only go up from here, and if T Henry gets hurt, then I either have another great option at RB, or excellent trade bait.

I don't necessarily need to worry about bye week, since only one of my starting RBs will be out at a time. I can always plug in C. Taylor, and a WR in the flex. Thoughts?

Hmm, judging by last night's preseason game.

Bush was being brought in in places I felt were Deuce was primarily used last year (the red zone in particular).

He was also rushing alot better.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are pleasantly suprised as he matures into a rb1.

Nevertheless, there is no reason you should have gotten him at 40. That is just nuts.

Even without PPR, I think I would take him b4 Ocho Cinco or Carson. Not entirely positive on that one though. He still splits carries. Was there rb/wr flex in that league?

Hmm, judging by last night's preseason game.

Bush was being brought in in places I felt were Deuce was primarily used last year (the red zone in particular).

He was also rushing alot better.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are pleasantly suprised as he matures into a rb1.

Nevertheless, there is no reason you should have gotten him at 40. That is just nuts.

Even without PPR, I think I would take him b4 Ocho Cinco or Carson. Not entirely positive on that one though. He still splits carries. Was there rb/wr flex in that league?

Standard Yahoo league lineup: QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF and 6 BN. Yes, I agree I should have grabbed him with my late 2nd round pick, but somehow, I missed the fact he was still available after I made my back to back picks. Lucky for me he fell in my lap due to a run in WR and QB in rounds 3 and 4.

Thought I'd bump this one last time before the season starts.

There were some roster moves made since I last posted, particularly:

1) picked up Garrard for Leftwich in two different leagues,

2) dropped Mike Bell for S. Morris in my 14 team league as Bell was demoted to second string FB in Denver (wanted Chatman but he was gone :/ ) , and

3) Picking up Cotchery and dropping Williamson (Yep, you guessed it. Yahoo Public League.)

My current rosters are listed in a file displayed in my signature. Feedback always appreciated!