Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Whiskey Dynasty Baseball

If you've joined already, welcome! Peruse the league settings again below.

If you have not joined, but are interested, I'm looking for 16 very serious players to join my new Roto dynasty league with daily transactions. If you are interested, please email me at bobloblawslawblog@gmail.com and let me know why you should be a member. Make your case! If you have any questions, just PM me here or email me. Thanks!

Stat Categories:

OBP, SLG, AVG, STL, HR, R, RBI; QS, K, HLD, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Positions:

C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, UTIL; SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P

10 Bench

3 DL

Buy In:

$20 handled through LeagueSafe.com

Max Moves:

75 in the season, 4 per week; This includes call-ups and send downs to your minors. No limits on call ups and send downs, though.

Minors:

Any pitcher that has less than 50 innings pitched, and any batter with less than 150 at bats, in professional American baseball is eligible to draft. Thus, international and college players are not eligible. Once a player has reached 50 IPs or 150 ABs, they can no longer be sent down to the minors after being called up, but they can stay in the minors as long as you want.

Rosters:

After every season, teams will be required to cut their MLB rosters back down to 28 players. Thus, if you ended the year with 3 players on the DL, you will have to cut 3 players in the offseason. The deadline for this every year will be January 15. Teams that fail to submit this to me by the deadline will have what I believe to be their 3 worst players cut from the team by me.

Supplemental Drafts:

Every February, a 5-round supplemental MiLB draft will be held. You can choose to select a player with your pick, or pass if you want to keep your current MiLB roster. But you cannot exceed 10 MiLB players.

At the conclusion of the 5-round supplemental MiLB draft, a 3-round supplemental MLB draft will be held. You can choose to select a player with your pick, or pass if you want to keep your current MLB roster. But you cannot exceed 28 MLB players.

Trading of draft picks in either draft is accepted, and encouraged. However, there will not be trading of drafts picks in the initial startup draft.

Draft Order:

Reverse order of the regular-season standings; top 4 picks will be put into a lottery to determine who picks first. This is to prevent tanking intentionally. The worst 4 teams are usually pretty similarly-bad, so if the 4th worst team gets to draft first, this does not stack an already-good team. The last place team from the previous season gets 8 entries in the lottery. The 15th place team gets 6. The 14th place team gets 4. The 13th place team gets 2. I will use the randomizer either on net-commish.com or fftoolbox.com to conduct the lottery.

Payouts:

First - $220

Second - $80

Third - $20

Again, this will be handled through LeagueSafe.com

Spreadsheet:

I am going to ask for a volunteer to keep an online Google spreadsheet (similar to the one here) to keep track of majors and minors lineups and league member contact info once the league gets going. If I don't get any volunteers, I will do it. But I'd really hate to be the commish AND keep the spreadsheet.

Minors Draft Date:

The draft will be held in this thread and will occur in mid to late February. I will get input from league members.

Service:

Either Yahoo or CBS. I will put that to a vote, but I'm leaning CBS because there are more settings.

Thanks again!

If you have been independently confirmed by me as a league member, please announce yourself here so I can get a list going on who has joined. Thanks!

Hey everyone - I just joined and can't wait for the draft. Thanks for putting this league together whiskeyriver.

Hey everyone - I just joined and can't wait for the draft. Thanks for putting this league together whiskeyriver.

There are now a total of 6 members. The others just have not posted in here yet. Welcome!

Hi, my name is Joe, I have just been accepted into the league. I look forward to drafting and competing with you all.

Welcome! Waiting on the others that have accepted invitations to announce themselves here.

My name is Matt Wiley, just got the e-mail that I was in. Very much looking forward to the league and draft.

So Far:

1. whiskeyriver

2. infinite arms

3. lafferty daniel

4. wiley02

5. dixiechicken

6. pgunz3

Plus, I believe, 3 other people that have contacted me via email.

So where is everyone here from? I am from Michigan by the way.

Florida here.

So Far:

1. whiskeyriver

2. infinite arms

3. lafferty daniel

4. wiley02

5. dixiechicken

6. pgunz3

7. ScottR

8. KTOWNRACER

Plus a few of other people that have contacted me via email. We are standing at about 11 joined so far.

Hi my name is Craig I am from Michigan and go to school at MSU. I am a very active member of fantasy leagues and love to make trades. My phone number is (810) 813 3763 if anyone ever needs to get a hold of me, ie. making a trade.

So Far:

1. whiskeyriver

2. infinite arms

3. lafferty daniel

4. wiley02

5. dixiechicken

6. pgunz3

7. ScottR

8. KTOWNRACER

9. bt88hockey13

10. Chuck Norris

Plus one other person that has contacted me via email. We are standing at 11 joined so far.

Whiskey

Are all these guys friends of yours? It seems strange that everyone has a new forum account. I figured you must know them from outside of this thing called Rotoworld.

Whiskey

Are all these guys friends of yours? It seems strange that everyone has a new forum account. I figured you must know them from outside of this thing called Rotoworld.

I know you from another league KTOWN, and I know dixiechicken and and Chuck Norris personally. The others I do not know, but a few of them at least have some RW posts under their belt prior to signing up and had an active RW account. Three others did not. I share your concern in that it is odd that they found the league on a RW forum, but don't have a RW account. I understand your issue.

That said, I must of course state from the outset that in the leagues I've commished with people I don't know personally, I've had an uncanny knack of sniffing out individuals that were using multiple accounts/engaging in collusion. Maybe it comes with being an attorney, maybe it's just a sixth sense. Bottom line: that kind of monkey business will be discovered, and will be dealt with accordingly. So initially, no doubt or aspersions will be cast upon the newbies. If they are cheaters, which I doubt they are, I will bust them. That's just the long and short of it.

Let's fill this thing up and play ball!

So where is everyone here from? I am from Michigan by the way.

I'm in Los Angeles, but I have a few friends from Michigan. What part of the state do you live?

I'm in Los Angeles, but I have a few friends from Michigan. What part of the state do you live?

Right now I live in East Lansing... if you have never heard of it, it is where Michigan State University is located... its cold.

Anyways, hows LA? what are your LA teams? (Lakers/Clippers and Angels/Dodgers), or are you not a home fan?

I've heard of East Lansing. My buddy went to MSU back in the day. I'm a fan of the Dodgers, Kings & USC football.

How about yourself? Are you a Tigers fan?

I'm going to go ahead & get in this with you Whiskey! It'll be nice to do another Dynasty from scratch! I see some of the corrections I should have made in our other dynasty! B) Oh, I'm not introducing myself neither! LMAO Naw, I'm Dre' & I'm in GA. I've played keeper league FBB for 7 years! I'm pretty good. lol