Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Whiskey Dynasty Baseball

I'm ready to draft now. My e-mail address is mtthwwiley@yahoo.com. I haven't been on in a while, but I'm from upstate NY. Not a good start for the Jets.

All of those prospects are on there.

Ah, my mistake. I reset it to use prospects on fantrax. I don't like that I can't set it so pitchers can only have 50 IPs if in the minors, or 150 ABs for batters. So I will impose that rule now and we will all have to self police that, and when you bring someone up you will have to announce it to the league.

I just signed up for the league and was looking through the league rules, and it says that there is an AB max of 162 for hitters, I think that might be a mistake, you should take a look at that.

Ah, ok. I am used to setting it to max ABs per position. They don't have that option on here, strangely. So I set the max ABs to be 162 ABs per 9 batters, or 1458 total for the team. That said, Fantrax seems to have absolutely everything else.

PAYMENT to Leaguesafe:

I only have the option of a free setup, which requires everyone to pay by e-check (which means you need a checking account; I would think that everyone has one, but I cannot be certain), or a standard setup, which will allow for payment by e-check or check/credit card, but everyone will be charged an extra .60. I chose the latter. I don't think an extra sixty cents should turn anyone off.

Be aware that the payment deadline is February 4, 2011.

The draft will begin on Saturday, February 5, 2011.

I will need to send out invites to Leaguesafe directly, which is also why I need everyone's email addy. If I don't get your addy by January 31, I will replace you with a new owner.

Thanks.

I was just looking over the league and I noticed that you changed the AB maximum to 1458, I think that you are trying to limit the games played for the team (1458 is 9 starting players x 162 games in a season), but I think by doing this you are actually making the AB limit 1458, which is about what 3 players will accumulate throughout the season.

EDIT: you just posted at the same time I was posting this.

I was just looking over the league and I noticed that you changed the AB maximum to 1458, I think that you are trying to limit the games played for the team (1458 is 9 starting players x 162 games in a season), but I think by doing this you are actually making the AB limit 1458, which is about what 3 players will accumulate throughout the season.

EDIT: you just posted at the same time I was posting this.

Oh jesus. It's been a long day, folks. Have a little baby will do that to ya! Lemmie see how to fix it.

I have never been in a roto league with an AB limit. Can you just set a game limit of 162 per position and forget about the AB limit?

I have never been in a roto league with an AB limit. Can you just set a game limit of 162 per position and forget about the AB limit?

That's the thing...you can't do a game limit. That's why I misread it and put 162 at first. The settings are odd.

EDIT: Here they are -

At Bats - Hitting

Outs Made (AB-H+SF+Sac) - Hitting

Innings Pitched - Pitching

Games Started - Pitching

Relief Appearances - Pitching

No games started for hitting? WTF?

That's the thing...you can't do a game limit. That's why I misread it and put 162 at first. The settings are odd.

EDIT: Here they are -

At Bats - Hitting

Outs Made (AB-H+SF+Sac) - Hitting

Innings Pitched - Pitching

Games Started - Pitching

Relief Appearances - Pitching

No games started for hitting? WTF?

It has to be a way to set a games limit since it shows up on our team page.

Welp, doesn't look like their is a games started limit; just an ABs limit. So I will have to do 4 ABs per game x 162 games x 9 positions = 5832 ABs. I will make it 5875 to account for games where players get 5 ABs. There has to be a limit, so this is what I'll have to do.

I have been messing around with a dummy league. Under Rosters.. select a position.. Catcher is automatically first..click Add.. boxes come up to set number of active players and number of minimum and maximum games played. You have to do that for each position.

Looks like i'm all set.

Oh email here is learntodiemusic@gmail.com

With just an AB limit, we wouldn't even have to draft a catcher at all unless we got Mauer or Posey or any infield position in which all the elite ones were gone. We could just stock up on best available talent and rotate them in and out of our lineups on a daily basis based on off-days to get our ABs.

With just an AB limit, we wouldn't even have to draft a catcher at all unless we got Mauer or Posey or any infield position in which all the elite ones were gone. We could just stock up on best available talent and rotate them in and out of our lineups on a daily basis based on off-days to get our ABs.

Nevermind. Found the Max GP. It was in an odd location in the setup. But with this question, we probably oughta set a Min GP as well, right?

Nevermind. Found the Max GP. It was in an odd location in the setup. But with this question, we probably oughta set a Min GP as well, right?

As long as the games played limit is set at 162 for each offensive position, It wouldn't benefit anyone to tank a position then.

As long as the games played limit is set at 162 for each offensive position, It wouldn't benefit anyone to tank a position then.

Yep. It's all set now. Just getting used to this service. Not as intuitive as Yahoo or CBS, but much more customizable.

Yep. It's all set now. Just getting used to this service. Not as intuitive as Yahoo or CBS, but much more customizable.

ok potential problem, shouldn't it be more than 162 X 3 for OF, P, SP, RP since maximum active for those positions is 3?

ok potential problem, shouldn't it be more than 162 X 3 for OF, P, SP, RP since maximum active for those positions is 3?

Yea OF should be 486. P, SP, RP can just be changed back to No Max since we have a 1500 IP limit

I think it means 162 for each, right? I think it would have to?

Yea OF should be 486. P, SP, RP can just be changed back to No Max since we have a 1500 IP limit

Alright. We'll see. I assumed it meant for each.

I think Yahoo puts a blanket GP limit on all players when you set it at 162, batters and pitching alike.

We'll see.

EDIT: OK, I have everyone's email. Leaguesafe.com invites sent out. We can start the draft as soon as everyone's paid up. The latest we'll start, though, is Feb. 5.

EDIT: OK, I have everyone's email. Leaguesafe.com invites sent out. We can start the draft as soon as everyone's paid up. The latest we'll start, though, is Feb. 5.

Well we should make sure that we have covered all angles before we start the draft.

- We need to come up with drafting rules, such as what time of day should we require people to be paying attention to the draft when it is there pick (example: be prepared to draft if it is on you between 11 am and 11 pm, or something like that).

- how much time should we allow between picks

- if somebody does not pick after so long, then do we auto-draft for them? or does the next team go on the clock?

- we should make sure people know they cannot draft major leaguers with less than 50 IP or 150 ABs (Hellickson, Dominic Brown, Chapman,...), am I correct that this is the rule? or will we just self police this?

I just think we should take care of these things now so nobody gripes later.

Let me know what you think.

Well we should make sure that we have covered all angles before we start the draft.

- We need to come up with drafting rules, such as what time of day should we require people to be paying attention to the draft when it is there pick (example: be prepared to draft if it is on you between 11 am and 11 pm, or something like that).

1. 11 A.M. through 10 P.M. Eastern is very reasonable. Please pay attention to this forum during this timeframe.

- how much time should we allow between picks

- if somebody does not pick after so long, then do we auto-draft for them? or does the next team go on the clock?

2. I've said it before that you all need to be paying close attention to this forum, and it is "good form" to make your selection within 2 hours of the previous pick. I am requiring the party that makes their selection to send an email to the party next on the clock stating "on the clock." I will post everyone's email address in a list at the start of the draft so everyone can refer back to it as the draft goes on.

That said, the time limit is 24 hours. Please don't take 24 hours. But that's the limit. If a pick is not made within 24 hours, your turn will be skipped and the next in line will make their selection. Allow me to first state that someone has been skipped before the next in line drafts; don't just assume and do it. There will not be an extension of the 24 hour limit unless I've been told in advance "I'm in the hospital," "My kid is being born," "I'm going to the moon and will have no internet access," etc.

The party skipped can then jump back in after the next selection, but the draft will not wait for them to return.

The party skipped will be replaced with another owner if:

a.) 10 selections are made after being skipped (we don't want the new owner to be irreparably harmed by the skip)

b.) the party is skipped again at any later point in the draft

- we should make sure people know they cannot draft major leaguers with less than 50 IP or 150 ABs (Hellickson, Dominic Brown, Chapman,...), am I correct that this is the rule? or will we just self police this?

3. Correct. If a player has less than 50 IPs or 150 ABs in the minors, they cannot be drafted in the 28-round MLB draft. They can only be drafted in the 10-round MiLB draft that occurs immediately after the MLB draft.

Any other questions anyone?

Because it's been buried in new posts:

The league is being hosted at Fantrax.com here: http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/home.go?le...gjapehvgj9zg9qq

The league ID is: pgjapehvgj9zg9qq

The league password is: playingforsecond

Please sign up as soon as possible. Also, take some time to review the scoring and setup.

1. 11 A.M. through 10 P.M. Eastern is very reasonable. Please pay attention to this forum during this timeframe.

2. I've said it before that you all need to be paying close attention to this forum, and it is "good form" to make your selection within 2 hours of the previous pick. I am requiring the party that makes their selection to send an email to the party next on the clock stating "on the clock." I will post everyone's email address in a list at the start of the draft so everyone can refer back to it as the draft goes on.

That said, the time limit is 24 hours. Please don't take 24 hours. But that's the limit. If a pick is not made within 24 hours, your turn will be skipped and the next in line will make their selection. Allow me to first state that someone has been skipped before the next in line drafts; don't just assume and do it. There will not be an extension of the 24 hour limit unless I've been told in advance "I'm in the hospital," "My kid is being born," "I'm going to the moon and will have no internet access," etc.

The party skipped can then jump back in after the next selection, but the draft will not wait for them to return.

The party skipped will be replaced with another owner if:

a.) 10 selections are made after being skipped (we don't want the new owner to be irreparably harmed by the skip)

b.) the party is skipped again at any later point in the draft

3. Correct. If a player has less than 50 IPs or 150 ABs in the minors, they cannot be drafted in the 28-round MLB draft. They can only be drafted in the 10-round MiLB draft that occurs immediately after the MLB draft.

Any other questions anyone?

Ok, good, I agree with all of those rules.

Rules look splendid too me. Few other Questions:

Did I read somewhere that picks cannot be traded in the initial draft?

Is MLB or MiLB Draft first?

Players less that 150ab or 50ip cannot be drafted in mlb draft. Will we be able to pick them up out of the FA pool during the season? I'm assuming we can't make ads to our MiLB roster in season....

Thanks,

Chris (Razzor76)