Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Whiskey Dynasty Baseball

Rules look splendid too me. Few other Questions:

Did I read somewhere that picks cannot be traded in the initial draft?

Is MLB or MiLB Draft first?

Players less that 150ab or 50ip cannot be drafted in mlb draft. Will we be able to pick them up out of the FA pool during the season? I'm assuming we can't make ads to our MiLB roster in season....

Thanks,

Chris (Razzor76)

Initial drafts, no draft pick trades. Everybody selects a player in every round. In future years, supplemental MLB and MiLB draft picks can be traded.

MLB is drafted first.

Players that have less than 150 AB or 50 IP cannot be drafted in the MLB draft; they will be drafted in the MiLB draft. If players go undrafted, they can be picked up as FA during the season. But those are only players that were available on draft day but undrafted. Players, such as Bryce, who was in high school/college/overseas prior to the draft and then get signed by an MLB team...they are off limits until next-year's draft.

Initial drafts, no draft pick trades. Everybody selects a player in every round. In future years, supplemental MLB and MiLB draft picks can be traded.

MLB is drafted first.

Players that have less than 150 AB or 50 IP cannot be drafted in the MLB draft; they will be drafted in the MiLB draft. If players go undrafted, they can be picked up as FA during the season. But those are only players that were available on draft day but undrafted. Players, such as Bryce, who was in high school/college/overseas prior to the draft and then get signed by an MLB team...they are off limits until next-year's draft.

To clarify, players like Harper or Machado will be available for our 1st annual MiLB draft since they signed last summer, but guys still in high school or college like Anthony Rendon will be off limits until next years MiLB draft since they haven't signed with a MLB organization yet. Just want to make sure we're on the same page. Thanks.

To clarify, players like Harper or Machado will be available for our 1st annual MiLB draft since they signed last summer, but guys still in high school or college like Anthony Rendon will be off limits until next years MiLB draft since they haven't signed with a MLB organization yet. Just want to make sure we're on the same page. Thanks.

Precisely.

P.S. The MiLB draft will be held in reverse order of the MLB draft. Just an FYI.

I hear you loud and clear Commish. Can't wait for this to start.

Wish we could draft now. The suspense is killing me. B)

Ha! No kiddin'.

paid in full!

draft order so we can start strategizing? ha ha ha

I will release that THE SECOND everyone has paid. Ha. It hasn't been randomized yet. The randomoizer will send out emails to everyone when I conduct it. But I've been in money leagues in the past where folks have refused to pay after getting a draft slot they didn't like. Doubt that would happen here...but just making sure.

Only 7 more need to pay. Hurry up guys and maybe we can start this weekend. (crosses fingers)

Dixiechicken and Chuck Norris are paying me the $20.06 directly, and I'm in turn going to put the money into Leaguesafe for them, so really there are only 5 left. Those are:

dcarrbaby

Razzor76

KTOWNRACER

pgunz3

Vegeta

If you all could pay ASAP, we could get the draft rollin'! Thanks in advance.

Additionally, you can now see the league spreadsheet that will be the clearinghouse for all team-specific league info such as draft results, MLB rosters, MiLB rosters, and contact info. Can I get a volunteer to assist in the upkeep of this spreadsheet? If I'm commishing, I can't do ALL of the spreadsheet work too. Thanks:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Am...amp;output=html

PAID IN FULL. Lets get it on. I will be happy to do the spreadsheet if you need assistance Whiskey. Just hit me up and let me know.

Nice! Just 3 more to go.

The following teams need to pay ASAP:

dcarrbaby

pgunz3

Vegeta

The following teams need to sign up for the league on Fantrax ASAP:

dcarrbaby

pgunz3

Shamrocks

Dixiechicken

I know Vegeta is good for the money cuz' I play with him in another league. No worries there. Likewise, I know Shamrocks and Dixiechicken will sign up for the league ASAP because I know Dixie personally and I play with Shamrocks in another league.

Thus, I am left with dcarrbaby and pgunz3 who have yet to do either. Slightly concerned.

P.S. Because of the overwhelmingly quick compliance by nearly everyone, and everyone itching to get started, I'm altering the deadline to complete league signup and payment to tomorrow evening at 7 PM Eastern.

Alright, so Dixie and Chuck have officially paid, and Shamrocks and Dixie have signed up for the league. That officially leaves the following:

dcarrbaby

pgunz3

Vegeta

dcarrbaby

pgunz3

I know Vegeta is good for the money cuz' I play with him in another league. No worries there. Thus, I am left with dcarrbaby and pgunz3 who have yet to do either. Slightly concerned.

Because of the overwhelmingly quick compliance by nearly everyone, and everyone itching to get started, I'm altering the deadline to complete league signup and payment to tomorrow evening at 7 PM Eastern. If you do not do so, I will find a replacement owner. I have 3 or 4 people that are lined up waiting to get in.

Alright, so Dixie and Chuck have officially paid, and Shamrocks and Dixie have signed up for the league. That officially leaves the following:

pgunz3

Vegeta

pgunz3

I know Vegeta is good for the money cuz' I play with him in another league. No worries there. Thus, I am left with dcarrbaby and pgunz3 who have yet to do either. Slightly concerned.

Because of the overwhelmingly quick compliance by nearly everyone, and everyone itching to get started, I'm altering the deadline to complete league signup and payment to tomorrow evening at 7 PM Eastern. If you do not do so, I will find a replacement owner. I have 3 or 4 people that are lined up waiting to get in.

As I suspected, dcarrbaby has pulled out. I am fairly certain pgunz3 will do the same, as I have not heard word back from him. So I am contacting the possible replacements, and seeking new applications so I can find the best two owners I can. I will not officially accept pgunz3's replacement until he confirms he's out or tomorrow's 7 PM deadline passes. Hold tight guys. I should wrap all this up soon.

You know, I'm just going to remove pgunz3. I've heard hide nor hair of him since his initial email and post in here. I've got two replacements that will sign up tonight. The draft will start either tonight or tomorrow morning. The draft randomizer will send out an email with the draft order, and I will send out an email to the first drafter that they are on the clock and and email to the next three drafters that their pick is coming up. Patience should be had during the startup as people get their emails/check the thread and realize that the draft has started. After that, the time limit rules kick in.

You know, I'm just going to remove pgunz3. I've heard hide nor hair of him since his initial email and post in here. I've got two replacements that will sign up tonight. The draft will start either tonight or tomorrow morning. The draft randomizer will send out an email with the draft order, and I will send out an email to the first drafter that they are on the clock and and email to the next three drafters that their pick is coming up. Patience should be had during the startup as people get their emails/check the thread and realize that the draft has started. After that, the time limit rules kick in.

I'm Steve one of the new owners lets do this!

I will be visiting my parents this weekend, and I will not have internet connection, I will do my best to make my draft picks in a timely fashion, but I would appreciate a little bit of patience. I told my parents that I was coming home because I thought this draft wasn't going to start until February 5th, and now I am committed. I will have a friend keeping me updated, so I will know when it is my pick, but I will not be as swift as I would be if I had internet access and was paying close attention. This will only be from late on friday night to sunday evening, after that I will be very timely, my apologies.

I will be visiting my parents this weekend, and I will not have internet connection, I will do my best to make my draft picks in a timely fashion, but I would appreciate a little bit of patience. I told my parents that I was coming home because I thought this draft wasn't going to start until February 5th, and now I am committed. I will have a friend keeping me updated, so I will know when it is my pick, but I will not be as swift as I would be if I had internet access and was paying close attention. This will only be from late on friday night to sunday evening, after that I will be very timely, my apologies.

You should send whiskeyriver your cell number so he can send texts to update you, and you can text him back your picks if you want. I'm happy to help too if necessary.

You should send whiskeyriver your cell number so he can send texts to update you, and you can text him back your picks if you want. I'm happy to help too if necessary.

Thanks I appreciate it, but I think that I should have it covered pretty well, one of our league mates is already going to help me out a little bit. I should be able to keep my picks under 2 hours, but I will just need more time to process all of the information coming in.