Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JetCityPersian

Wade News

Taking my thoughts on Miami from the other day and adding this link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuOG...p&type=lgns

Sounds like Wade is progressing and we might start hearing about a possible return date in the next few days.

You know, Miami's recent struggles might actually be the incentive for DWade to return before the very end of the season. You had to think that these old geezer's would run out of gas sooner than later trying to play like they were 6 years younger every night.

Maybe watching this is what it will take to get DWade to return earlier rather than later.

Miami loses again, this time to the Sixers... I'm tellin' ya, this could be the incentive on for Wade to get out there before too long.

Man I hope he makes it back soon. It will just the thing to offset losing Ray Ray. (not that I am assuming he is gone)

Here's another one, this one has me feeling less optimistic that we'll see him next week:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketb...fla-sports-heat

Sounds like he's going to start practicing with them to some degree next monday, but I don't know if he'll be playing anytime next week if he's not going to be "practicing all out."

Anyway, some news to help Wade owners gauge the prospects of him helping them during this year's fantasy playoffs.

Yea, it seems like he might play, but I doubt I can hold on to him long enough to see it. don't think I can carry an injury through an entire round and if practices on monday, I doubt we would see him on the court until the weekend. Otherwise known as just in time to help me lose 5 to 3.

Yea, it seems like he might play, but I doubt I can hold on to him long enough to see it. don't think I can carry an injury through an entire round and if practices on monday, I doubt we would see him on the court until the weekend. Otherwise known as just in time to help me lose 5 to 3.

Frustrating. I was hoping he'd pull an Odom after watching his team get owned, but I guess he's being extra careful. I'll post any other updates I see so people here can get a little extra early notice...

the key move would be to drop wade on monday next week and then use you waiver to pick him back up, but Yahoo has this stupid rule that you can't use your waiver to pick up a player you dropped.

I hate that rule.

Sorry if this is a repost but this is the latest news I got from Wade. Earlier I dropped him for JRSmith but I decided to keep JR and now got Wade again for Rondo. With the positive news popping out everywhere, I think it's a safe bet to get him especially for teams with a bye this week.

Dwyane Wade, PG MIA

News: Heat guard Dwyane Wade completed his most extensive workout Tuesday since he dislocated his shoulder and tore his labrum in a Feb. 21 loss in Houston. Wade went through shooting drills as his teammates practiced. Once the 90-minute session ended, Wade moved to the main practice courts and worked on drills for another hour. Wade said afterward that it was the most work he has done on the court since he sustained the injury. At one point, he made 16 of 21 long jumpers and nine of 10 free throws. The right-handed Wade showed no sign of problems with the left shoulder. "Every day, I try to shoot more and more," Wade said. "[From] where I felt the night of the injury to where I am now feels like a year ago. It just feels great to be out there."

Analysis: Wade has missed 17 games since the injury. Wade, the NBA's fourth-leading scorer (28.8), could begin practicing with the team as early as next week. It appears a return is close, so Fantasy owners might get an added boost for the playoffs.

ESPN showed video of his workout on Sportscenter tonight. He looked fine to me. Maybe not game shape, but at least there's no problem shooting the ball.

ESPN showed video of his workout on Sportscenter tonight. He looked fine to me. Maybe not game shape, but at least there's no problem shooting the ball.

Yeah, I saw that. He looked pretty good. I'm hoping that the Heat's poor performances lately and the race with Washington will goad him back onto the court before the final week and a half.

Any ideas on how well Wade will play when/if he returns?

I'm in a bye week right now as the 2nd Seed and Wade is a FA. If I picked him up, I'd end up dropping Nelson.

Any ideas on how well Wade will play when/if he returns?

I'm in a bye week right now as the 2nd Seed and Wade is a FA. If I picked him up, I'd end up dropping Nelson.

I don't think he'd be the killer he was before the injury, esp right away, but I do think he'd be better than Nelson.

No one else to drop but Nelson? I'm worried he won't be back until mid week next week at the earliest and that might be too late for most of us.

Nelson isn't great but he is a pretty productive guy to drop for someone who you might drop as fast as you picked him up.

I'd look to drop someone else even if they weren't a guard.

No one else to drop but Nelson? I'm worried he won't be back until mid week next week at the earliest and that might be too late for most of us.

Nelson isn't great but he is a pretty productive guy to drop for someone who you might drop as fast as you picked him up.

I'd look to drop someone else even if they weren't a guard.

This is my team...

PG - Ford

PG - J. Nelson

PG – D. Williams

PG/SG – Ellis

PG/SG/SF - Bell

SG/SF – J. Smith

SG/SF - V. Carter

SG/SF/PF - Kleiza

PF/C - Hilario

PF/C – Brand

PF/C - Gasol

PF/C - Okur

C - B. Wallace

I figured it came down to Nelson, Kleiza, or Bell. I picked Nelson because I have three other PGs who are playing better, but I have no problem keeping Nelson.

i think you can drop either nelson, raja bell (or charlie bell?) unless you really need to 3's, or kleiza for the same reason. wade will be better than all of them when he comes back.

i think you can drop either nelson, raja bell (or charlie bell?) unless you really need to 3's, or kleiza for the same reason. wade will be better than all of them when he comes back.

It's Charlie Bell.

My three weakest cats are FT%, 3PTM, and TO.

Wade to try to practice MON!! From CBS:

News: Nearly six weeks after dislocating his left shoulder, the reigning NBA finals MVP will attempt to practice with the Miami Heat on Monday, his first attempt at a full workout since suffering the injury. "It's going to feel pretty good to get back out there," Wade said Sunday during a visit to Miami Children's Hospital, while his teammates were playing at Detroit to end a three-game road trip. "The only thing I can do is continue to work hard."

Analysis: After Sunday, Miami has nine regular season games left, starting Tuesday against Toronto. The playoffs open April 21. Wade underwent tests about a week and a half ago which indicated that the shoulder was healing nicely. He was seen shooting and running through individual drills after a Heat practice last week for the first time since getting hurt, and he's even helped design a sleeve that he'll wear on-court to protect his shoulder. While surgery is still a virtual certainty for this offseason, he now feels the joint has healed well enough to try and begin absorbing the rigors of NBA basketball once again. He should remained reserved in all Fantasy leagues, though, as he would likely only return for the last couple of games of the regular season.

Interesting.. When dya guys think is the best guesstimate time he could play assuming he does good on Monday's team practice?

Interesting.. When dya guys think is the best guesstimate time he could play assuming he does good on Monday's team practice?

No earlier than next Sunday at home, because the Heat will be on the road during the middle of the week, but I'm no doctor or anything, anyway.

No earlier than next Sunday at home, because the Heat will be on the road during the middle of the week, but I'm no doctor or anything, anyway.

Anybody's guess, but you know he'd love to play on national TV against his buddy LeBron on Thursday...

Anybody's guess, but you know he'd love to play on national TV against his buddy LeBron on Thursday...

I've read that players like to make their returns from injuries away from home, but I can't imagine that a long flight to Cleveland, where it'll be about 30°F and snowy this Wednesday, plus the long, bumpy ride from Crapkins to downtown, plus the ride from the hotel to the Q (because they're at least 1/2 mile apart) would be very conducive to healing. I think he makes his return at home. LMFAO.

Wade still plans to practice, but only play in a game or two before the end of the season. So who knows (Rotoworld):

Dwyane Wade, who will be returning to Heat practice on Monday, cautioned that he would still be out for a while and only expected to play in "a game or two" before the end of the regular season.

"I will get into some workouts with the team and learn the plays again," he said. "I want to go out there and be as sharp as I can. I'm working behind closed doors to have the same impact on a game as I had before I went out." It's still worth it to hang onto him right now, but Wade won't be worth keeping if his expected return is accurate.

Wade still plans to practice, but only play in a game or two before the end of the season. So who knows (Rotoworld):

Dwyane Wade, who will be returning to Heat practice on Monday, cautioned that he would still be out for a while and only expected to play in "a game or two" before the end of the regular season.

"I will get into some workouts with the team and learn the plays again," he said. "I want to go out there and be as sharp as I can. I'm working behind closed doors to have the same impact on a game as I had before I went out." It's still worth it to hang onto him right now, but Wade won't be worth keeping if his expected return is accurate.

That seems like the right advice to me for right now - what Rotoworld says at the end there. I think I will hold onto him until wednesday at least, just to see if the return date changes radically in any way. If carrying him seems like a threat to my matchup this week in any way at that point, I will drop him on wednesday and do what it takes to win now.

I tend to agree Jet. there are a ton of games on Tuesday and Wed, so i think I'll only miss one game by keeping him. If there is no new news on wed, he's gone. bummer