Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JetCityPersian

Wade News

I tend to agree Jet. there are a ton of games on Tuesday and Wed, so i think I'll only miss one game by keeping him. If there is no new news on wed, he's gone. bummer

-edit

i wouldnt rely on wade for the rest of this year. even if he does come back i think he'll be limited. he simply has no reason to push it. without butler it makes the even easier to win the divison. they're going to pass toronto and lock up the 3 so they dont need to face the pistons till the conference finals. i think if he plays riles will use him sparingly and mostly in the 4th.

Don't know if this changes anyone opinion, but here's a weblog entry from the Herald that puts forth the opinion that the team would be better off if DWade returned earlier rather than just for the last couple games:

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/

I'm gonna hold off as long as possible on dropping Wade. I was talking with Doc A about this and he summed it up great: "We've seen it over and over again that a guy is supposed to be back in 10 days and boom - he's back." There's counter-examples too, of course, but it's a big risk when someone else could be using Wade against me.

I also know from my own job as an engineer that you never want to undershoot your expectations with a timetable. If I think a task is going to take me 2-5 days, I'm going to tell my manager that it will take 5 days (sometimes 6 days B) ). The reason? I'd rather make management happy by coming in ahead of schedule rather than have them communicate the shorter date up and then fall short of that. If I'm always overperforming my scheduled expectations, everyone is always happy...

Just a thought...

This week I picked up Wade because the guy I am playing in the semifinals had mike miller on his bench, but he dropped him this morning. I followed suit, and somehow i have no idea how Sasha Pavlovic was available. He is a great pickup and probably will be more productive than wade when he returns especially considering that Lebron might miss a game or two.

I agree that Wade is coming back early, the problem is whether he'll be back early enough.

The way they are talking, this weekend would be early and we could be hosed by then.

the person I am playing has Pierce. If he plays, then I am going to have to cut bait on Wade. If Pierce is gone, then I might try to hold out. Not sure I am winning a championship without Wade at this point anyway. (Ray Ray and Redd)

I dropped Wade for Ridnour in my league. Needed those extra games. If you feel certain that you can come out of this week unscathed, then you should do it. I've been decimated by injuries (Pierce, Wade, Butler) and the guy I am playing has a very strong team and the guys who may benefit the most from key absences this week Hughes/Pavlovic (Good plays especially if Bron is injured) and Stevenson (#s may go up, either him or Hayes may get bump in stats). My hope is that when Wade clears waivers on Thursday I can pick him up after 2 days played and one more day to decide whether to keep Pierce or not. I honestly think best case scenario is Wade on the weekend. By then you may be in too deep a hole and he may not come back as effective as he was before. It's all about making the next round...

Wade is travelling with the team on this road trip and bringing his physical therapist with him. I get the feeling he's making contingency plans "just in case" he decides he wants to play...

I'm itching to pickup Wade with the news circulating around but as somebody has said, this is the playoffs and survival is the key. I think Wade will play come Fri the earliest but who knows.

My take is, if Wade is still available come Fri and I'm winning my match, I'll run get him. If he plays sometime this week and he's available, pick him up. Key is monitoring day in day out.. painful but only way to go

I'm itching to pickup Wade with the news circulating around but as somebody has said, this is the playoffs and survival is the key. I think Wade will play come Fri the earliest but who knows.

My take is, if Wade is still available come Fri and I'm winning my match, I'll run get him. If he plays sometime this week and he's available, pick him up. Key is monitoring day in day out.. painful but only way to go

I kinda hope LeBron ahd Pierce play this week.. that's going to increase the chance that Wade will want to suit up really early. He's not going to get fired up to go out there and play against Ryan Gomes and Gerald Green...