Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankees11

Which sites are better for projecting fantasy values for prospects?

Which is better to help determine fantasy value of prospects as opposed to real life value - Baseball America, HQ stats or something different? I have heard that Baseball America considers defensive skills when determining value of prospects, but that doesn't really help us for fantasy purposes. Thanks for your input

Unless stated otherwise, all the major prospect publications focus on real world value and not on fantasy value (BP has added a small blurb about potential fantasy impact, but it's featherweight compared to fantasy-specific sites).

The sites you really want to peruse are the fantasy-geared publications like Baseball HQ (Ron Shandler runs a super-duper site, and it's worth every penny no matter how pricey it seems up front), or look for writers like Jason Grey (ESPN) and Jason Collette (who's about to start publishing fantasy prospect material on Rotowire). I'm sure there are others out there, but those are the ones I personally trust the most as the writers are all very smart, succeed in fantasy regularly, and are either very excellent at scouting or data set interpretation, or both.

Hidden
Which is better to help determine fantasy value of prospects as opposed to real life value - Baseball America, HQ stats or something different? I have heard that Baseball America considers defensive skills when determining value of prospects, but that doesn't really help us for fantasy purposes. Thanks for your input

I do analysis work over at Future of Fantasy. I do a lot of Prospect Spotlights which focus solely on Fantasy Value. If you have any prospects in mind, I am always willing to take requests.