Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chef b

Do I move over-rated Uggla?

9 posts in this topic

12 team NL-ONLY 5x5 roto keeper league (we each keep 5 players)

My keepers are

Car Go

Hunter Pence

Brandon Phillips

Dan Uggla

Someone out of Jonathon Sanchez, Kelly Johnson, Jose Tabata, Aubrey Huff, Angel Pagan, Miguel Montero, Huston Street, Drew Storen, Dexter Fowler

Looking at the upcoming draft, you obviously take away 60 players out of the draft pool....guys that were in the AL last year are in the pool (Cliff Lee, Zach Greinke, Jose Lopez, Carlos Pena...etc)

I have the 5th overall pick in the 1st round

no 2nd round pick

(2) 3rd round picks

(2) 4th round picks

no 5th round picks

no 6th round picks

no 7th round picks

I have been offered the following deal

I get - the 12th overall pick in the 1st round, (2) 3rd round picks

I trade - Dan Uggla, the 5th overall pick in the 1st round, (2) 21st round picks (last round of the draft)

If I made this deal, I would have to keep an additional player out of the group mentioned earlier (Kelly Johnson?), I would also drop back 7 picks in the 1st round......BUT

I would be drafting 2 additional players that are likely to contribute vs 2 players that are unlikely to contribute much, if at all (27th round picks).

What should I do? Which players should I keep with or without Uggla?

Should I trade Uggla?

Will he revert back to his .250ish batting average?

Thanks for your help!!!

WHIR!!!

12 team NL-ONLY 5x5 roto keeper league (we each keep 5 players)

My keepers are

Car Go

Hunter Pence

Brandon Phillips

Dan Uggla

Someone out of Jonathon Sanchez, Kelly Johnson, Jose Tabata, Aubrey Huff, Angel Pagan, Miguel Montero, Huston Street, Drew Storen, Dexter Fowler

Should I trade Uggla?

Will he revert back to his .250ish batting average?

Thanks for your help!!!

WHIR!!!

I personally wouldn't. There is no one in your keepers that will do as well, even if he has a leeser year than last. You did not state, but he would be your MI??

Now, if you could get some 2nd round picks, I might change my mind and keep KJ, but he could revert also.

Just my opinion.

Look at the difference in talent I would have for the 2 players I would be getting in 3rd as opposed to the 21st round. Should this not make a difference?

Look at the difference in talent I would have for the 2 players I would be getting in 3rd as opposed to the 21st round. Should this not make a difference?

You also drop 7 picks in the 1st round, which could be huge, but as shown below, maybe not.

Someone once told me, you can have the first pick in every round, but unless you get the right player, phooey.

There will be 60 players kept. If this were our league and everyone kept the top-projected players, #61 is Geovany Soto.

After 12 picks?? Will Venable. My point is that there is probably not enough talent to make a difference between 2nd and 3rd round, such as the difference between Uggla and who you would replace him with.

I wouldn't do the deal either. Maybe if you got to keep your 1st rounder, but Uggla is likely a top 5 pick given the keeper rules. Uggla in the past has mashed at Turner Field, and he has 30 HR power which is rare nowadays.

I'd stay with Uggla. I could see him falling back into the .265 range. But I think the winning attitude in Atlanta will do him good as well.

Keep Uggla. He is now on a winning team and will have a good season hitting in the braves ballpark.

my league also has about 60 keepers and I've considered trades of this nature. One thing you should know is that the value of draft picks drops quickly as you get into the middle of the draft.

Just an example of how much I predict the picks in my league to be worth (after 66 keepers):

1st Round $25-$15 (first few picks will be worth a lot more than later in the round)

2nd Round ~ $13

3rd Round ~ $11

etc..

Now you figure out how much Uggla downgrades you at keeper plus how much your first pick downgrade is worth and compare it to your 3rd Round pick upgrades. I like to use $$ even in a non-auction league so you can compare the values of players and picks like this. Those last round picks in your example would be $1 each.

I wouldn't make this deal, I have Uggla in the $30 range.