Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Who'd you rather? Jordan Lyles, Randall Delgado, or Chris Archer?

I need help selecting one of these three guys, and I am fairly torn. Or I could keep two and toss Clayton Richard back onto waivers, but that would leave me with only 5 SPs (and 2 RPs) this season. Thus, every one of my bench SPs will be in the minors if I drop Richard for one of these guys (I also have Matt Moore and John Lamb). What do I do?

Thanks!

Damn tough decision.

First, I would keep Richard as I see him building on a pretty decent 2010.

As for the others, I like Matt Moore at the top of the list but would probably put Lamb at the bottom. My choice would be between Archer and Delgado (slightly over Lyles) from the 3 as I am still a bit iffy on whether Lyles' stuff will translate well to the MLB level. He is a finesse guy and while he has shown excellent command, that is never a sure thing until he's proven he can do it against MLB hitters on a consistent basis. Lyles is a very good prospect, but like most finesse kids, he is more difficult to project. As for Archer and Delgado, I lean slightly towards Archer but its really a coin flip.

Damn tough decision.

First, I would keep Richard as I see him building on a pretty decent 2010.

As for the others, I like Matt Moore at the top of the list but would probably put Lamb at the bottom. My choice would be between Archer and Delgado (slightly over Lyles) from the 3 as I am still a bit iffy on whether Lyles' stuff will translate well to the MLB level. He is a finesse guy and while he has shown excellent command, that is never a sure thing until he's proven he can do it against MLB hitters on a consistent basis. Lyles is a very good prospect, but like most finesse kids, he is more difficult to project. As for Archer and Delgado, I lean slightly towards Archer but its really a coin flip.

Thanks bog! I am a Lamb fan, so I am def. keeping he and Moore. I was just waffling on whether to dump Lyles for Archer or Delgado, but I was hedging Archer. Your post clarified that this would probably be my best move. I just don't like Lyles' "stuff." Barely touching 90 scares me.

This is a little different than the "Who'd you rather" game I'm use to. I guess out of those 3, I 'd rather have Delgado on my fantasy team.

This is a little different than the "Who'd you rather" game I'm use to. I guess out of those 3, I 'd rather have Delgado on my fantasy team.

I'm still having a tough time. Ha ha.

Anyone else agree that Delgado is the choice?

I think of the three that Delgado has the highest ceiling. In terms of pure stuff he is the equal of Teheran while he hasn't had a breakout yet he certainly has the ability to be a top end 3 or low end 2 type starter at the major league level. Of the three he may need the longest time to develop however as he is still a bit raw. I think you could put Archer a little ahead of him but I like Delgado simply since your going for pitching prospects which is always risky you should go for the highest ceiling and i think that is delgado.

Lyles has great makeup which could make him a very reliable big league starter. But he doesn't miss enough bats for fantasy purposes.

Yeah I'm gunna trust in Bog here as our resident expert and go with Archer over Lyles. Finesse guys scare me unless their last name is Maddox.

I need help selecting one of these three guys, and I am fairly torn. Or I could keep two and toss Clayton Richard back onto waivers, but that would leave me with only 5 SPs (and 2 RPs) this season. Thus, every one of my bench SPs will be in the minors if I drop Richard for one of these guys (I also have Matt Moore and John Lamb). What do I do?

Thanks!

My order would most definitely be:

Moore

Lamb (very surprised anyone would consider dropping him)

Delgado

Archer

Lyles

The only exception is if you need one of these to play this year, then Lyles is a consideration as he is the most likely to play in 2011. Lamb I think will see action. Delgado probably not.

My order would most definitely be:

Moore

Lamb (very surprised anyone would consider dropping him)

Delgado

Archer

Lyles

The only exception is if you need one of these to play this year, then Lyles is a consideration as he is the most likely to play in 2011. Lamb I think will see action. Delgado probably not.

Yeah, probably agree. Though, with Lamb and Moore already on the team, it might be good to go with a higher-floor guy like Lyles as my 3rd. Hmm...And I've read some reports that he's upped his velocity to low to mid 90's coupled with that great control and a couple plus secondary pitches. I might roll with him.

Randall Delgado:

Delgado, who is the No. 3 prospect in Atlanta's system according to Baseball America, struggled after getting promoted to Double-A last season but he showed in the spring that he is not too far off. Fantasy owners should keep an eye on his stats down on the farm as he could receive a callup at some point this season. The Braves have a ton of pitching talent and Delgado should be a solid starter for Atlanta for years to come. While he might not have the upside of Teheran, Delgado remains a solid option in long-term keeper leagues.