Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wooty

Up The Gap League Thread

Weekly Win/Loss  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What should determine weekly win/loss?

• Win most categories for 1 win/loss
    • Each category counts as a win/loss
  2. 2. Should there be a payout for regular season best record?

• Yes
    • No

Here is where we will post league polls.

I propose that we eliminate the 1 win system and are awarded a W or L for each stat category.

I also propose that the payout remain as is - if you don't like the idea that the champ is paid more than a Division winner, I'm not sure why you joined a head to head league in the first place.

-Donn ("Buckner'sBallBusters")

7 votes needed to change current rules

I am with you, Mr. Buckner. A win or loss per category is kind of nice. 11-0 feels a lot better than 6-5 and should reflect it in the standings.

I can see the point about the regular season best record getting a little extra, but don't want to see any major overhauls to the rules we've all signed up for.

Matt

Team Bartowski

I don't really see the need to add a DL spot if we have 8 bench spots

What does everyone think about the weekly transaction limit? It is set at 7 right now; I have heard 5 from others. Anyone?

I like the idea of 5 transactions/week. I could go either way on DL spots - I like having 1 or 2, but a 8 man bench is pretty large to begin with...

What does everyone think about the weekly transaction limit? It is set at 7 right now; I have heard 5 from others. Anyone?

I would prefer 5.

5 is cool, but I'd even push for 3 per week. If you think about, the only time pick-ups should be used are to grab a hot player, up and comer, replace A (single) injury....it should not be used to pick up K's, a win, or couting batting stats. I can't see a team NEEDING any more than 3 pickups a week....that is plenty in my book.

Also, as I first argued for a win for each seperate category win, I'm not flipping.

Wooty made a great case. The system currently in place (only 1 win for taking the most categories, NOT category=win) keeps more teams active throughout the year. It gives teams that have horrible start to get back in contention later in year. A team could obviously run away with a lead, but no one is easily out of it.

It's unfortunate that you get a loss for going 5-6, and just a simple win for going 11-0, but Wooty makes a good argument to keep the league active.

Never seen it that way, gonna have to go with single wins/losses.

I'm glad you see my point misterarmand. Of course everyone's goal is to win 11-0 and they still can, it only gives you one win if you do so.

I just hate to see someone lose a couple players early and lose a few weeks 0-11, 1-10 or 2-9 and fall so far behind that they need to go 11-0 and have the teams ahead of them go 1-10 just to get back in contention. Everyone is paying $150 and it is no fun to be out of the running by the time July comes around.

And while the payouts are there to be won, it is also supposed to be for the love of baseball. There's not one guy that is going to play daily-lineup fantasy baseball that doesn't enjoy the game - fantasy just makes it that much more fun to watch.

I think that because 6 teams qualify for the playoffs, everyone save for 1 or 2 teams will be in contention no matter the win/loss decision.

However, it will be s---y for the guy who finishes 7th in the league to actually have a better overall record than the 6th place finisher but since he lost 5-6 a few weeks, he's out of the playoffs.

Should be interesting either way.....