Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marbs

Two Things.

1. When Does Fantasy Basketball open up for Yahoo?

2. Ive been apart of an annual EXTREMELY competitive fantasy basketball league for 5 years, ive never won, this same guy has won 4 years in a row, i need some help this year, the categories we play with are: points, rebs, assists, steals and blocks.

Who are your top 20 with those cats? These are mine, feel free to post yours.

1. Lebron

2. Garnett

3. Kobe

4. Arenas

5. Marion

6. D. Wade

7.Dirk Nowitzki

8. Amare

9. Yao Ming

10. Steve Nash

11. Tracy Mcgrady

12. Chris Paul

13. Allen Iverson

14. Paul Pierce

15. Vince Carter

16. Chris Bosh

17. Jason Kidd

18. Tim Duncan

19. Josh Smith

20. Carmelo

extremely competitive eh? 4 years in a row? i say one extremely competitive team not league.

probably drop carmelo for gasol or dwight howard since there are no percentages involved

You need to get the blocked shot artists in there, for sure. Camby should be on there, and Duncan/Josh Smith should be higher, I think.

I'd question competative when the same guy wins 4 years in a row as well, but you never know.

The first thing I would do is add percentages.

Is it h2h or roto?

Worry less about the top twenty and more about the next 20 (or 60). That is where the draft is won and lost.

I'd question competative when the same guy wins 4 years in a row as well, but you never know.

The first thing I would do is add percentages.

Is it h2h or roto?

Worry less about the top twenty and more about the next 20 (or 60). That is where the draft is won and lost.

Its head to head this is frustrating.

I always draft the best team but come out 6th and lose in the Semi finals. for the last two years.

Its head to head this is frustrating.

I always draft the best team but come out 6th and lose in the Semi finals. for the last two years.

In H2H leagues, consider the schedules and who may sit come fantasy playoff time. H2H is frustrating, though.

Draft players who get their categories on a daily basis, points, rebounds, assists, etc.

I'm assuming its roto, right? I mean 5 cats for an H2H seems bare. I'd draft players like Nash, KG, Redd, Al I think is going to be good.

Dictate categories if its H2H, sure you'll win maybe 5-4, but a wins a win.

I always draft the best team but come out 6th

You need to examine your strategy and make adjustments. How many years could you go "drafting the best team" and having it not do you any good before trying something new? This is like a losing poker player not admitting he doesn't play perfect poker. Come on.