Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

footballpimp

Wilin Rosario C COL

Improved K and BB rate last year. Put up amazing numbers given his AB. Hit .285 with a low BABIP, 19HR in 297AB in AA. He does have Ianetta in his way, but he can't be too far away.

Why is everyone so low on him?

Improved K and BB rate last year. Put up amazing numbers given his AB. Hit .285 with a low BABIP, 19HR in 297AB in AA. He does have Ianetta in his way, but he can't be too far away.

Why is everyone so low on him?

Are they?

Are they?

The majority of top prospect lists I looked at had him ranked in the 40s or 50s, with Mesoraco and Gary Sanchez over him. He is a great defensive catcher as well, so he'll get playing time regardless if he struggles a bit.

The majority of top prospect lists I looked at had him ranked in the 40s or 50s, with Mesoraco and Gary Sanchez over him. He is a great defensive catcher as well, so he'll get playing time regardless if he struggles a bit.

I think most prospect sites had concerns about his knee that he blew out last year. I like him, I traded to get him in my NL-Only league to no avail.

I think most lists I've seen have him ahead of Sanchez and Mesoraco.

Cause of the ACL from last year. If you read scouting reports it always starts "if healthy" he will be a very good 2 way catcher. Some like him over Montero as an all around catcher because of his work behind the plate.

So aside from the injury concerns, 40 to 50 in a prospect ranking is pretty good. The past few years, these were guys in BA's rankings somewhere from 40 to 50:

2010:

Shelby Miller, Scheppers, Gordon, Teheran was 51

2009:

Brett Wallace, Arencibia, Chacin, Domonic Brown

2008:

Votto, Ian Kennedy, Jarrod Parker, Soto, Jurrjens

I'll tell you one thing, after having to sit through game after game of watching Chris Iannetta, for years, anything with any promise would be a welcome change.

In 37AB, he has 3HR, .297AVG, 4BB, 4K, and a .260 BABIP in AA.

When could we expect a callup?

Hit another bomb and raised his AVG up to .310,

Any chance we expect a June call-up?

Obviously, we're well beyond June, but if Ianetta gets dealt today, we could see Rosario.

He's only hitting .249 at Tulsa, but the power is there with the 16 homers.