Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glascock9

Yahoo's "Max Acquisitions Per Week"

Hey guys,

I switched my Yahoo league over to "Max Acquisitions Per Week" this year for the first time and I'm curious how it works. I set the limit at "3".

When you add a player, does it pop up with an alert telling you how many you have left that week? Do trades count as acquisitions? Do adds made today count towards the first week since the season hasn't started?

Thanks for the help.

I believe there is an alert on your team page where pending trades, etc. would usually be displayed. I haven't had max moves in a league of mine for quite a few years, but this is how I remember it.

It tells you "You have x of 3 moves left."

And for what it's worth I'd go with 4 or 5. 3 is way too limited. Adding a guy then dropping him right away for another only nets you one more move the rest of the week.

We did a competitive league with 4 last year and that worked like a charm.

It starts to give you warnings once you are within 5 moves of the limit. I did this in my NBA league this year, & that was how it worked.

Also, trades DO NOT count towards the acquisition limit. Just add/drops.

It starts to give you warnings once you are within 5 moves of the limit. I did this in my NBA league this year, & that was how it worked.

Also, trades DO NOT count towards the acquisition limit. Just add/drops.

Thanks for clarifying.

I just added Alex Gordon and since there is nothing showing on my team page, I'll assume the move did NOT count towards my weekly limit (since week 1 hasn't officially started).

I want to pick up Johnny Cueto to stash on my DL but forgot to before I added Gordon. Since I added Gordon today, can't I drop him and pick up Cueto and then pick Gordon right back up? If I remember correctly, players don't go on waivers if they are added and dropped the same day.

Is that right?

Thanks for clarifying.

I just added Alex Gordon and since there is nothing showing on my team page, I'll assume the move did NOT count towards my weekly limit (since week 1 hasn't officially started).

I want to pick up Johnny Cueto to stash on my DL but forgot to before I added Gordon. Since I added Gordon today, can't I drop him and pick up Cueto and then pick Gordon right back up? If I remember correctly, players don't go on waivers if they are added and dropped the same day.

Is that right?

Players go on waivers as soon as they are dropped. Once they are on waivers, the owner that dropped the player cannot claim the player off waivers.

Players go on waivers as soon as they are dropped. Once they are on waivers, the owner that dropped the player cannot claim the player off waivers.

It sure is a pain in the a** when mods move your posts.

Anyway, I thought if you added a player and dropped them on the same day they went right back to free agency. The reason for this is to prevent someone from adding and dropping a bunch of players at once just to lock them up in waivers for two days.

It sure is a pain in the a** when mods move your posts.

Anyway, I thought if you added a player and dropped them on the same day they went right back to free agency. The reason for this is to prevent someone from adding and dropping a bunch of players at once just to lock them up in waivers for two days.

Straight from yahoo's rules...

"Note: If a manager adds a free agent and drops that player on the same day, the player remains a free agent. This prevents managers from locking crucial free agents on waivers so other managers cannot add them."

I guess I should have researched this first! B)