Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Paul Goldschmidt 1B ARI

Don't you think he will go to AAA first?

No, the have no room at 1B there.

Don't you think he will go to AAA first?

It's not really necessary. The talent at AA and AAA is fairly close, except for AAA guys usually have more MLB experience, are older, and likely more polished.

It's not really necessary. The talent at AA and AAA is fairly close, except for AAA guys usually have more MLB experience, are older, and likely more polished.

This is true. AA generally have the higher ceiling players who are younger and more dynamic. Whereas AAA has older more experienced guys plus 4A players who are virtually below average MLB players.

Brandon Allen did hit a 3 run bomb today with 2 BB's, but he his stat line is still horrific.

This is true. AA generally have the higher ceiling players who are younger and more dynamic. Whereas AAA has older more experienced guys plus 4A players who are virtually below average MLB players.

Brandon Allen did hit a 3 run bomb today with 2 BB's, but he his stat line is still horrific.

Think it was a 2 run homer and bases loaded walk, but yeah hitting around .150 when your bat is your best tool is not good.

I beleive its more of an organizational theory. Most teams beleive prospects should prove themsleves at each level before moving up and I think this is what the D-Backs should do. Most of baseball's best prospects played AAA for at least a few games before moving up to the Bigs.

getting the call.

Nice.. power on the wire!

Only problem is that those of us "in the know" that play in Yahoo Leagues have to wait until the "cat is out of the bag."

Damn you Yahoo.. make the guy available already B)

Glad he got called up ive had him stashed since draft in a deep dynasty.

when does it goes official? i dont see anything on mlb transaction page. rotoworld says it is official but it has to go through league office first.

when does it goes official? i dont see anything on mlb transaction page. rotoworld says it is official but it has to go through league office first.

Actually RW reported the tweet by Nick Piecoro that said the move was "all but official," meaning nothing has happened as of yet, but will in due time. I imagine a move would be made official sometime before ARI's next game, which is 10:15 PM EST tonight.

I heard its supposed to be official today, monday. Im really hoping he gets added soon i could really use him Hafner has been killing me lately and need a power bat. I wanna add him before my other league members figure out, i forgot if a prospect is added does he go through waivers? if he does im set i have 16th.

I beleive its more of an organizational theory. Most teams beleive prospects should prove themsleves at each level before moving up and I think this is what the D-Backs should do. Most of baseball's best prospects played AAA for at least a few games before moving up to the Bigs.

Players are called up from AA frequently, and top prospects don't benefit a ton from time in AAA. Some organizations have a particular coach in AAA they may like a prospect to work with, or a stadium situation to avoid(PCL anyone?). It does vary from team to team, and by situation, but it's not uncommon or a stretch to go from AA to the bigs.

Players are called up from AA frequently, and top prospects don't benefit a ton from time in AAA. Some organizations have a particular coach in AAA they may like a prospect to work with, or a stadium situation to avoid(PCL anyone?). It does vary from team to team, and by situation, but it's not uncommon or a stretch to go from AA to the bigs.

This. For a time, it seemed like any Marlins prospect that went from AA to AAA instead of MLB was practically written off by the org. Still partially true.