Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kanter112186

Lupe Fiasco

Any Lupe fans out there? His new CD Lasers is silly good. Food & Liquor and The Cool are obviously great too. The guy is a genius and the closest thing to Eminem I've heard.

I bought it a couple weeks ago. Really love this album, the music is more mainstream but I thought they were alot better than most modern songs. Some of the songs I like are show goes on, all black everything, words I never said...probably leaving some out, but those are the ones that really stood out. A couple of popular artists are featured on it, including MDMA, Skylar Grey, Trey Songz. Its the only album I've ever actually bought legally, so that should tell you my thoughts on it. Very good album.

Thought the Cool and F&L were better, but that was expected with how the album had to be altered in order for Atlantic to release it. Overall still a decent album, better than most stuff out there.

What?

He is right to an extent. Lupe even admitted he did not like a lot of the songs on the album, but was forced to put them on to satisfy Atlantic demands. Lyrics still better than most though imo.

He is right to an extent. Lupe even admitted he did not like a lot of the songs on the album, but was forced to put them on to satisfy Atlantic demands. Lyrics still better than most though imo.

Understandable. I see the difference, but I definitely agree on the fact that lyrically this album is incredible. I'm still OK with the beats though, all are catchy in their own right, even if one of them sounds like Usher.

Yep, great lyr*cally throughout most of *t... * really can't stand the ones w*th the pop sh*t hooks, though.